• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Can't think of anyone to replace Sent from the MCU side, so I'm looking at Capcom and found 2 viable options:

ptx-tvc14dsqr.jpg

PTX-40A from Lost Planet. Was playable in TvC. Merge his moveset with Sents.

Another cool option:

wkbho.png

BX-02 Blodia from Cyberbots, which is Jin's mech. If you don't know what Cyberbots is, imagine a Capcom fighter WHERE EVERY CHARACTER WAS BASICALLY A SENTINEL BEATING THE FUCK OUT OF EACH OTHER

jett

D-Member
No more FOOT FOOT DIVE?

Anyway, it's amazing this is a thing. With how much money Mahvel rakes in with their low-rent mobile game, I figured they would have no interest in something like this. I guess in this case, this is for the fans.

No mutants is to be expected.

And it's a bit sad that the hype will be deflated come reveal.

No more FOOT FOOT DIVE?

Anyway, it's amazing this is a thing. With how much money Mahvel rakes in with their low-rent mobile game, I figured they would have no interest in something like this. I guess in this case, this is for the fans.

Marvel Games' new thing seems to be this:

Rake in cash with mobile
License to top devs for high quality game
They always liked working with Capcom and never had the problems they did with EA/Activision shitting out bad games, so it makes perfect sense they'd want this train rolling again

Well, thereitis.gif indeed. It's very good to see that more sources are reporting this. Now, I can relax and wait till PSX.

No X-Men was expected but it's still a bummer. I really hope that they are mistaken on that part. I need my Deadpool Wolverine jokes Marvel :(

I-hate-u

I need Doom to be in this. And before y'all kill me, I played him since Vanilla, and I usually have him as my point character.

He is so fun.

No more FOOT FOOT DIVE?

I mean, realistically is this going to really cost Marvel anything or do they just stand to collect a licensing fee?

Vanish

As long as the best Marvel character Spider-Man gets the bigger, better representation he deserves this time, I'm good.

jeffram

It doesn't say anywhere that there won't be x-men. It sounds like the roster will just lean harder into the MCU.

I think we see wolverine and deadpool

Roboculus

I've always been more interested in the Capcom side of the roster so this doesn't bother me that much(just make sure Megaman gets his due).

It'll be weird not having mutants but as long as they come up with new fun characters to play, it'll probably be fine.

Do we have an idea of who is developing this? If Combofiend is directing it, will it be Western developed (Capcom Vancouver, an external developer like Iron Galaxy, staff at Kenji Tsujimoto's Napa Valley vineyard)?

Blindy

Can't think of anyone to replace Sent from the MCU side, so I'm looking at Capcom and found 2 viable options:

ptx-tvc14dsqr.jpg

Another cool option:

wkbho.png

BX-02 Blodia from Cyberbots, which is Jin's mech. If you don't know what Cyberbots is, imagine a Capcom fighter WHERE EVERY CHARACTER WAS BASICALLY A SENTINEL BEATING THE FUCK OUT OF EACH OTHER
wilymachine8_by_jamesbreaker15-d9lg09b.jpg

He's the King K Rool of MVC, he's jobbed so damn much practically deserves to be a shoe in. You can have Protoman as a assist helper of his for crying out loud with his whistle, shit Protoman deserves a super in his own right.

Wily's jobbed out before some of GAF was born. But they'll put Sigma and his Berserker Barage ability before Wily.

shaowebb

I agree. The Fox ban sucks, but people are being ridiculous. Seeing you avatar reminds me of when Tatsunoko vs Capcom was announced.

"I don't want these Anime Power Ranger nobodies! I want Marvel!"

Speaking of Tatsunoko, I hope the return to 2 on 2 could mean the return of giant characters. Devil Dinosaur please!

I'm down for giants only if they are not tourney legal lol. That perma armor shit was jank. Minibosses only please. Though I do admit...a Monster Hunter creature, Dino Crisis, or Devil Dinosaur inclusion would be hype in this manner.

BTW UMVC3 brought about the inclusion of forgotten Capcom franchises with:

• Ace Attorney
  • Ghosts N Goblins
  • Final Fight
  • Okami
  • Bionic Commando

...and these franchises had not been repped before in the series like SF, Darkstalkers, RE, Viewtiful Joe, Dead Rising,MMX, Rival Schools, Onimusha, MM legends,Captain Commando, or Strider had in other vs games.

What unrepped Capcom franchises do you think they'll give a nod to in this title?
I'm hoping for:
  • Sengoku Basara
  • Breath of Fire
  • Monster Hunter
  • Godhand

tribal24

Banned

ptx-tvc14dsqr.jpg

Another cool option:

wkbho.png

YASSS Hulkbuster would be a great sentinel replacement if they put those in.

MegamanNG

Neo Member
If they bring Mega Man in it, I'm game for it. Besides it makes sense since he appeared in Smash Bros. 4 and people liked it. He heads for MvC4 and it'd be even better.

Though it is a shame that the X-Men cast are sitting this one out... mostly due to Fox having the movie rights and not doing a good job at them.

TreIII

I feel like this is a crazy suggestion, but like when can we get Rathalos as a fighter.

This isn't Smash Bros, there's no "too big".

I'm at the point where I really think this is feasible at this point. It's either gonna be a real Rath, or it'll be the lil one that Ryuto/Lute rides in MonHun Stories.

Either way, MH is being primed to be the next IP Capcom will give significant push in the coming years, with the Hollywood movie and eventual 5th gen games inbound. They might as well start hyping the series up now on a game like MvC.

I really hope if they don't have the muties that they don't pop the movesets on to other characters. They should just come up with new stuff for new characters.

Is it just me or does anyone else think these kinds of "reporting" stories needs to stop? If there's some kind of injustice or scandal going on in the gaming world, have at it, but it completely takes the wind out of the sails of the fans as well as the companies involved when a website/magazine just outs an announcement as a matter of fact.

Sony and Capcom were all ready to go to make a big surprise announcement in a week's time and now it's ruined. Not just for them but for us too. It would have been so much more exciting if we got to see the reveal trailer along with everyone else. Instead, we know the game is in development and that it'll be announced for sure this weekend.

I don't know. This kind of thing isn't reporting. It's just raining on everyone's parade for clicks.

agreed

Inmolatus

Loss of X-men hurts bad (and I'm assuming no Doctor Doom... boo, hiss, boo).

My man, Rider, better make it back in though.

... RIDER, Marvel/Capcom. Not Sam. Richard Rider.

This so much, although Im having doubts. I loved UMvC3 because it had my 2 favourite Marvel characters: Rider and Danny Rand. Here hoping I get them back in 4, and since Im asking: a buff to Iron Fist's air game would help him tremendously.

lol get da fuck outta here with that 'they ruined the surprise!' nonsense

Act like this hype is going anywhere until Saturday, we're at critical mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom