• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Anyone else grabbing those Olly Moss Harry Potter prints?

I'm so tempted, but the exchange rate from GBP to USD is so poor and postage is $75. Also, customs fees are going to be a huge sting.

ruxtpin

Banned
Got a Martian print but it looks like a corner has been folded almost. Wonder if I show Mondo tomorrow they could offer a replacement. Are they pretty good about that? It's a small crease, but looks like someone pinched it at the corner.

Edit: Nevermind. Old news.

Browny

Banned
Anyone else grabbing those Olly Moss Harry Potter prints?

I'm so tempted, but the exchange rate from GBP to USD is so poor and postage is $75. Also, customs fees are going to be a huge sting.
After exchange, delivery and customs/VAT (plus Royal Mails £8 handling) it will be in the region of £350. Damned Brexit.

After exchange, delivery and customs/VAT (plus Royal Mails £8 handling) it will be in the region of £350. Damned Brexit.

That seems like a pretty accurate estimate. It's going to be a huge pay out initially, but if you were to try and source them on secondary market they'd likely be much more. There are already ones listed on everyones favourite / not favourite auction site.

Question is, do I like them £350 much...and yes I do and will likely regret not getting them. It's just hard spending that much at once.

IronRinn

Oh maaaaan:

CvdDQvOWAAQ3mai.jpg:large

Edit: Interested to see what The Vacvvm version looks like.

Edit edit: Like suplex, I thought I would escape this one unscathed but, man, they have some good shit this year. Super psyched to see what the Danger/Horkey piece is gonna turn out, too.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey, does anybody know how to get in touch with Bling other than PM? I want to double check about the Danger Ouija PB.

I gave in and purchased them all. Came to £291+change. Not looking forward to the additional fees of VAT and customs, but it's Olly Moss...it''ll be worth it.

I hope because they are bein sold through his site that he gets a good load of the money, if not all, because he damn well deserves it!

LaneDS

Ah, thanks for the details/pic. Like them both, but separately and that's an easy pass for me (still cool that it exists though!).

Browny

Banned
I gave in and purchased them all. Came to £291+change. Not looking forward to the additional fees of VAT and customs, but it's Olly Moss...it''ll be worth it.

I hope because they are bein sold through his site that he gets a good load of the money, if not all, because he damn well deserves it!
It's sooooo tempting because it's Olly... all in one go is such a huge amount. Good on you though - they'll look amazing on display!

(I'm going to guess at £58.50 VAT, £8 RM and no duty. You might get away with 5% VAT if you're lucky!)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I got you man. Sorry been awfully busy to post this weekend. On the way home now, had a chance to catch up when my wife took the wheel.
Oh man, no worries. Thanks a ton, dude, and hope you had fun!

It was a helluva good time. The hours flew by, I'm bummed that I didn't have a minute to meet up with any gaffers, but I did get to chat with most of my art heroes. I was unbelievably lucky to run into Aaron Horkey at just the right time. Spent near an hour just bullshittin and poking through his sketchbook.

omgkitty

Rejected Rockin Jelly Bean Guardians of the Galaxy

14724405_10153716140571572_1929005363178037240_n.jpg

I've wanted this so badly. I've never liked any GotG prints, but this one would be incredible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rejected Olly Moss The Force Awakens

14642257_10153716068836572_5010497743051306239_n.jpg
Damn, that's pretty dope with the crashed Destroyer doubling as his mask. Certainly in-line with his original trilogy series.

Thirsty for more Olly Moss prints
(unfortunately, Harry Potter isn't my thing, I'm gonna be waiting months until something new again, aren't I?)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Damn, that sucks. Did they say there was no way at all to negotiate putting a credit block on it?
Acme would have to renogtiate their license at that point. From listen to the panel, they seemed open to going back and trying to get it done if they licensing is in order.

I'm not done with prints, but I tried very hard this year to focus on originals.
Mike Sutfin brought some heat. I'm a huge fan of this dude, he's not very prolific so I'm always really excited when he's got something new.
Or even something old like this Oil painting from 2008
IMG_20161023_084706_zpsizsykqdk.jpg

Pencil sketch from roughly the same period. He was doing tons of art for various CCGs at the time.
sutfin%20pencils_zps9eaem6cp.jpg
[/URL]
And a hand painted Mad Battle Man vinyl skull
mbmskull%20mk3_zpsjoptfdii.jpg

Couldn't resist the new print, "The Aftermath" There were variants on red and (the dreaded) foil but I was too far back in line for either.
sutfin%20aftermath_zpss7twjyte.jpg

Dan Black of Landland touched my nipples so I bought this Clayboard off him.
IMG_20161023_213403_zpsocngk9wk.jpg

Mike Mitchell got me again.
MM%20misc_zpsfhpnxe1i.jpg

No DD clayboard, but it's all good in the hood.
20161023_220700_zpshanhaphk.jpg

Richey Beckett talked me into these. Black Sabbath on red, technically a test print because there's some odd bits printed on the back.
IMG_20161024_074135_zpsvychqtje.jpg

And his new one Aurora, on Olive paper. Run of 5 in this colorway. Maybe should have gotten one on green instead. Either way it's a heckuva good piece.
beckett%20aurora%20on%20olive_zps5bvoqpx7.jpg

HORKEY!!!!!
20161023_211958_zpsindskbip.jpg

20161023_211747_zpsjaweisoy.jpg

unbox%20horkey%20fantastic%20planet%20fig_zps9veeyh5f.jpg

Olly did this little remarque on my Totoro. Maybe he appreciated that I didn't bring a tall stack of 5x5s for him to sign.
chibitotoro_zpsavqhwglx.jpg

And that's about it.

IronRinn

Pretty neat. Had no idea that figure even existed.

OGs from the "Home" show are up on Mondo.

Edit: Surprised that some of these are still available.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, October 25th on Mondo: MondoCon Part 1:

Mondo X Cyclops Print Works Print #02: Wall-E by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 390, $55

Mondo X Cyclops Print Works Print #03: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by JC Richard. 36" x 12" screen print, numbered edition of 250, $50

Escape from New York (Glow-in-the-Dark) by Matt Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 300, $45

Escape from New York (Variant) by Matt Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 150, $65

The Flash by César Moreno. 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 225, $45

The Thin Red Line by João Ruas. 24" x 36" screen print, numbered edition of 250, $50

Top Bottom