• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

b3b0p

One week to Mondo Con.

Anyone in Austin going? I didn't realize it was so far North of my apartment. If anyone can spare a ride or wants to carpool (I'm on 5th, downtown) that would be grand. Otherwise, I have about 12 miles of biking Saturday, which I guess is good exercise.

omgkitty

Any word on that Mondo Mad Max poster yet?
I freak out since I had that issue with my Mad Men prints lol

I believe they sad they got them in, which means they have to ship them out. Don't worry about not getting them. Mondo won't screw you over.

NateDrake

Apologies if this has been answered before, but the thought came to me while admiring the Eng Ico print today. Is a second piece still planned for those of us who were part of the commission? I vaguely remember something being said a while back about it.

ummm it will be coming eventually.

giphy.gif

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
No reason to add cheesy taglines over a pretty solid image.

Hero Complex Gallery released their Elite portfolio packages today. Word is that the VIP's were told in advance when they went on sale and who 2/3 of the artists were. Word is it's Stout and Delort.

They're sold out now.

It all seems kinda slimy. Whatever. Hopefully whatever they turn out will be good and I can nab one of them if I like... Whatever they turn out to be I guess.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hero Complex Gallery released their Elite portfolio packages today. Word is that the VIP's were told in advance when they went on sale and who 2/3 of the artists were. Word is it's Stout and Delort.

They're sold out now.

It all seems kinda slimy. Whatever. Hopefully whatever they turn out will be good and I can nab one of them if I like... Whatever they turn out to be I guess.

It's beyond slimy--it's fucking scummy. The way these "mystery" prints are always marketed as are: "Trust us, we love you guys and went BIG for this blind-buy...and btw, isn't a little mystery so much fuuuuuunnnnn?"

There are so many knee-jerk cash-grabs that people in this hobby have to avoid constantly, that seeing shit like this happen with potentially high-profile artists like Stout is just a bummer.

That's a huge reason why I love Bottleneck, too. 'Cause those dudes treat transparency like it's their job. Same goes for Daniel Danger--he's a good man.

Axiom

Considering the Stout Avengers was the first rare print I got, and into this hobby in the first place, I'm kind of bummed I didn't even get a chance to sniff at it before it was gone.

Considering the Stout Avengers was the first rare print I got, and into this hobby in the first place, I'm kind of bummed I didn't even get a chance to sniff at it before it was gone.

I'll bet there may still be a sale on HCG or at the very least Stout will have his own for sale later (he usually gets half the run as his payment) which he will presumably hold a lotto for.

suplex

Doesn't HCG still owe people the Drake mystery prints from like 4 months ago?

As far as that Ultron print goes, I think I like it, but wanna see a better pic. Definitely like the color scheme, wonder if that's the variant to match the first, which is a print I regret not ever getting.

Doesn't HCG still owe people the Drake mystery prints from like 4 months ago?

As far as that Ultron print goes, I think I like it, but wanna see a better pic. Definitely like the color scheme, wonder if that's the variant to match the first, which is a print I regret not ever getting.

The picture shown is the 'Cast and Crew' variant, edition of 160. There will likely be a regular edition with colors similar to the Avengers regular, and likely a variant that will have similar coloring to this one, but probably with fewer characters or a different layout (the reg will probably have this layout too).

12046612_10101330208448887_9187059567920229679_n.jpg

12074489_10101330208468847_6446375296869702398_n.jpg

12074898_10101330208498787_8101667204435280523_n.jpg

And here's an enormous picture of the overall shot:

Filthy Slug

Sidenote:

Ise Ananphada is doing MGS3: Snake Eater sometime next year.

Here's some doodles she did for MGS5 characters today.

LMK if you're interested.

Ay, that's my favorite MGS! Can you throw me on the list, lister?

Filthy Slug

Would it be worthwhile to start a list going, listerfeend? I imagine a bunch of people are super interested in a Snake Eater piece!

IronRinn

They're sold out now.

I have nothing better to do at the airport, so I guess I may as well read through 20+ pages on EB.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Boom! On sale Thursday, October 1st, between 9:00-11:00am Pacific Time at HCG:

Tyler Stout Avengers: Age of Ultron
Regular Edition with Metallic Silver Inks

Edition of 750
$60

Tyler Stout Avengers: Age of Ultron
Variant Edition with Metallic Gold and Silver Inks

Edition of 350
$110

Browny

Banned
Oh I hope that's going to drop closer to 9 than 11. 9 Pacific is 5pm here, and I'm on sole small child duties...

"Can we watch Peppa Pig please?"

"No - daddy needs his fix..."

Got a lot going on this week but I'm gonna try to make it out to mondo con since I always miss it here in Austin. I just bought a house so now I have a ton of display space

Question, where do you guys go for high quality classic art prints?

Edit: I will probably get this poster and hang over my desk
o5sajIJ.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Sidenote:

Ise Ananphada is doing MGS3: Snake Eater sometime next year.

Here's some doodles she did for MGS5 characters today.

LMK if you're interested.

Oh shit. Yeah I would be for sure.

I really dig that Boneface Creepshow poster that drops on mondo tomorrow. Wish it came out a bit earlier in the season because I want to hang it up for the holiday.

Top Bottom