• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

BigHow

Neo Member
Pulp Fiction Variant by Laurent Durieux

Available at MondoCon and signed by Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson & Tim Roth

durieux_pulpfiction_hisallyvariant_final.jpg

Last November, in collaboration with Sundance Institute and the Sally Menke Fellowship, we released a PULP FICTION timed-edition poster by Laurent Durieux. We sent the variant posters to Quentin Tarantino to be signed by Quentin, Samuel L. Jackson & Tim Roth, who were very generous in signing the full variant run. However, on their return back to us in Austin these arrived to us slightly damaged. None of the damage affects the art and should frame out with no issue, but we’d prefer to have these available in person at MondoCon 2015 first before making them available online.

The poster is an edition of 75 and and priced at $300 with 100% of the proceeds going to the Sally Menke Fellowship. Stop by the Mondo Store this weekend to secure one of these beautiful prints!

Can anyone going to MondoCon PB me for this bad boy? Pulp Fiction is my all time favorite film and I'm dying to snag this. I'll happily toss in extra cash for your time and effort. Please PM me!

Riptwo

If it's really sold out and not just held in carts, that makes the Guardians print look like a slow seller.

SourBear

Banned
The only way these sold out that fast is if someone used bots to purchase them all. And I doubt even a bot could purchase 700 of the regular version within seconds of its posting.

Browny

Banned
I was on PC and tablet. There's no way 750 sold out that quick... I understand there will be a fair proportion held back, but that was a bit shit.

I don't get it? Added to cart immediately and it was all sold out, done so many drops I find it hard to believe this was the quickest to sell out, really must have been a limited number, really limited either that or some system error. Oh well I'm not gonna lose sleep over this one, it was more impulsive that I even went for it, far worse then Stout's 1st Avengers print.

gosufailure

Neo Member
Did anyone get one of the Stout Age of Ultron?

I was F5ing for 90 minutes, saw it get posted and immediately checked out. Bounced to out of stock. Repeated that for 8 minutes before the page wouldn't let me re-add to cart.

At the risk of just sounding extremely butthurt do humans actually get any of these?

Kalren

Add me to the list of those who missed out on this. I was out for lunch but was constantly checking my phone and refreshing. I was refreshing like a madman and saw the instant it went up. I put it in my cart but no dice...

botssssssssssssss

Yeah swung and missed too. Had a variant come available, but for some reason they changed my shipping from $13 to $15 and those few seconds cost me.

Oh well, bring on the lotto.

Also I'm going to stop PM'ing everyone and just leave this link HERE for the Ise Ananphada MGS3.

suplex

Only the variant and cast variant showed up for me, I could get to the regular through the variant page. Needless to say I didn't get one.

On to the lotto and back to not caring about what HCG is up to.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Only the variant and cast variant showed up for me, I could get to the regular through the variant page. Needless to say I didn't get one.

On to the lotto and back to not caring about what HCG is up to.

Yeah, can we all please do that?

Yeah, can we all please do that?

Some of my favorite prints that I own are from HCG. The comic book cover Incredibles and the Craig Drake Matrix come to mind.

Lately they've been pulling more crap with pre-order sets and less availability with weirder timings for release.

It's a bummer because I used to like them more than Mondo because I felt like I could actually get their posters, but the quality has been all over the place lately.

On topic: not sure I like the Iron Giant print. Variants are too expensive for what they are, and I don't like the look of Hogarth. Giant design is neat and the overall idea is good, but not fond of the colors on the base and I'm not paying more for the variant.

Sigma722

Ahhhh post stout drop. Just like the good ol' days. Except in the good ol' days, humans could check out without needing stagger.

I didn't really try.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ahhhh post stout drop. Just like the good ol' days. Except in the good ol' days, humans could check out without needing stagger.

I didn't really try.

I was successful on checking out on the reg without a stagger.

But the variant I don't think was really possible.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I was successful on checking out on the reg without a stagger.

But the variant I don't think was really possible.

I saw the variant drop before the reg but I wasn't falling for that banana-in-the-tail-pipe.

Risible

One of the reasons I only dabble in the hobby now is due to drops. Waiting hours only to be disappointed started to become the norm and I decided to opt out. In addition the expense was just too much, I already have too much paper for my walls.

gosufailure

Neo Member
Drops like this put a serious damper on my interest in fancy posters. Lately I'm collecting Mike Mitchell Fat Birds because birds are rad any they aren't insanely expensive or hard to get.

(p.s. sell me your fat birds pls)

Filthy Slug

Drops like this put a serious damper on my interest in fancy posters. Lately I'm collecting Mike Mitchell Fat Birds because birds are rad any they aren't insanely expensive or hard to get.

(p.s. sell me your fat birds pls)

The problem with Fat Birds is when you start trying to get all the older ones. Like the ones that go for $250 up. But damn are those little fatties cute.

Bii

The problem with Fat Birds is when you start trying to get all the older ones. Like the ones that go for $250 up. But damn are those little fatties cute.

I just started collecting these in the past year and there's no way I'm going to try and collect the ones prior to that (save for the ones that are $100 or less, I'll get those later).

gosufailure

Neo Member
A timed release fat bird is certainly just what I wanted after losing my mind about an impossible drop.

Thank you based Mitchell

Sushigod7

What's with the HCG hate :(

Anyway i'm in the American Horror Story show opening tonight!

That's my first "official" show.

I don't know if anyone hates them they didn't make any fans on the drop and secret newsletter that went out the day before. People will get over it. But congrats on this piece and the show!!!!

Bii

What's with the HCG hate :(

Anyway i'm in the American Horror Story show opening tonight!

That's my first "official" show.

I think the "hate" is stemming from prints ordered months ago but HCG has yet to give notification/status of where its at.

I didn't score the Stout either but my hopes weren't too high. I do have an Age of Ultron print by Vance Kelly that I'm perfectly happy with.

see5harp

Whoa. Finally got my box edition of Xenograph. I got 212/245. Packaging is super impressive. The letter press print probably isn't something I'd hang up but it's signed and numbered.

b3b0p

Anyone here attending Mondo Con tomorrow? I have a Saturday pass. I also was just given a VIP pass to ACL. Why Mondo Con is the same weekend as ACL... smh.

Anyone willing to carpool? I'm downtown and 5 miles North seems like Oklahoma to me.

Top Bottom