• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

ohkay

Just wanted to thank LaneDS for the Daniel Danger print!

I just checked it and compared it to the open edition version, and I definitely like the variant better. The darker blue contrasts so much better with the house, especially the yellow lights within the house. It gives the print a different mood that I think is more inline with the image. Here's a quick pic I took:
Damn, I might have to hunt one down, but the open edition already looks fantastic in person

ruxtpin

Banned
Does anyone have any good resources that go in to detail about the process and tools that popular poster creators follow/use? Was looking at some of the sketches on display at the con yesterday and now I want to know how they did the shading with markers, what types of pens they're using for the super-fine details, etc.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Grey Matter just previewed some stuff they'll have at NYCC. I'd post but I'm on mobile.

Raid71 Spidey/Venom looks cool.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Grey Matter just previewed some stuff they'll have at NYCC. I'd post but I'm on mobile.

Raid71 Spidey/Venom looks cool.
The Captain America is fucking fantastic. It'll look great next to Ferguson's Thor, too.

Grey Matter NYCC Stuffs:
Matt-Ferguson-Captain-America-Posters-Grey-Matter-Art-NYCC-2015.jpg

Tom-Whalen-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Poster-Grey-Matter-Art-NYCC-2015.jpg

Raid71-Spiderman-vs-Venom-Poster-Grey-Matter-Art-NYCC-2015.jpg

LaneDS

Just wanted to thank LaneDS for the Daniel Danger print!

I just checked it and compared it to the open edition version, and I definitely like the variant better. The darker blue contrasts so much better with the house, especially the yellow lights within the house. It gives the print a different mood that I think is more inline with the image. Here's a quick pic I took:

You're welcome! Glad it got there and glad you prefer it to the open edition (without having seen the open one in person I can at least agree that the blue looks wonderful on the variant).

Here's a stretch- anyone want to sell me a Horkey/Mitchell Fat Bird? That thing is ridiculous and I love it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I need that Cap.

Will any be available outside of NYCC?
Or do we have a man / woman on the inside who I can have pick it up for me?

Leftovers will go online after NYCC. If you're super worried about not being able to grab one, just PM me and I'll help ya out! (Also, this is how I'll test if my PMs are fucked, 'cause I haven't gotten any in a week.)

TheStig88

Anybody attending NYCC that might be able and willing to help a FancyPaperGAF lurker with a PB?

I'm looking to snag Pittide's Cocaine Fiends to go with my lovely Reefer Madness, and I can't say I'm confident that any of these will make it online after Reefer Madness seemed to light up the way it did.

5uqiTGk.jpg

Leftovers will go online after NYCC. If you're super worried about not being able to grab one, just PM me and I'll help ya out! (Also, this is how I'll test if my PMs are fucked, 'cause I haven't gotten any in a week.)

I can wait for the post NYCC release. If it's meant to be I'll get it, but after the last few posters last month I should probably behave myself.

IronRinn

*Grumbles about the Horkey/Mitchell Fat Bird being sold out.*

All right, back to work.

Today, Tuesday, October 6th on Mondo: MondoCon 2015 (Part 1):

The Rocketeer by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 400. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

The Rocketeer (Variant) by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

Black Swan by Sam Wolfe Connelly. 16"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Devilman by Mike Sutfin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Devilman (Variant) by Mike Sutfin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

The Lost Empire by Rockin' Jelly Bean. 36"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Masters of the Universe: The Problem with Power by Mike Saputo. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

IronRinn

Man, I just realized that if this is only a two part sale that means the second half will be (depending on if any are left) Horkey, Stout, Tong, and Taylor (Inclusion, Goonies, Mulholland Drive, and Batman 1989 respectively), which would be kind of a fuck you move.

Edit: Unless I'm forgetting some, which is all together possible.

Edit edit: Oh yeah, Burton's Dracula.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Man, I just realized that if this is only a two part sale that means the second half will be (depending on if any are left) Horkey, Stout, Tong, and Taylor (Inclusion, Goonies, Mulholland Drive, and Batman 1989 respectively), which would be kind of a fuck you move.

If there were any Inclusions left, it might go up on Vacvvm instead. They split the sale between regs and vars and the variant sold out.

IronRinn

Thanks! I'm sorry though guys, I always feel like the biggest noob when I come in here and ask one thousand questions. Lol

No problem. I was going to put a small section in the OP about how sites that use Shopify and BigCartel work, and totally forgot. Should really go back and add it.

Messi

Did the Ansin Tron Legacy print ever get cheaper or am I screwed hoping not to have to pay way over 200?

Filthy Slug

I'm kind of surprised that nothing is sold out yet. Hype really dropped on that Rocketeer, huh?

I think there's too much shit dropping and too many events/cons. I love the Ansin print, but there's just too many things that demand my money right now, so I got through checkout and just bailed. October/November is always brutal for releases.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
I'm kind of surprised that nothing is sold out yet. Hype really dropped on that Rocketeer, huh?

When I tried to buy the Rocketeer (regular) 1 hours ago. I got the message it was sold out but only at the start of the "check out" process. I tried multiple time.

Edit : I'm a mondo noob
Edit2 : Does that mean it was kinda available if someone canceled their order ?

Reposting my personal mondocon wrap up/haul from the eb event thread.

Had to haul all these tubes down to the car.
IMG_20151005_091347_zps47oxg1ez.jpg

Of course I got these. Wish I had gotten to say hi. Senpai waved at me in the hall though. AiD with him and Mitch- high point of the weekend.
20151006_095509_zpsdzrqa6xp.jpg

Also from the Vacvvm. The Vania is my favorite print of the weekend, hands down. I bought it midway through saturday and they told me it was only the 2nd copy they'd sold. Low point of the weekend.
20151006_095718_zpsihmulmu1.jpg

Spent a looong time in Mike's line. Worth it.
20151006_095614_zps6757kcqc.jpg

Scott C U so dope. Remarqued for my daughter. (I told him he's a big favorite among GAFers. He said "what's NeoGAF haha!)
20151006_095842_zps3kc5py4s.jpg

Already hanging in the bedroom. No better image to kickstart some sexytimez.
20151006_095045_zpsdgczjwzg.jpg

Some rarities from Richey Beckett. What an awesome dude, we talked about our dads' record collections. The Ktulu is a 1/1 and the Field Maiden 1/2 PP.
20151006_092659_zpsilh8jplr.jpg

And the backs:
20151006_092728_zpsv7ioabdo.jpg

Got to Slater at the end of day one. He looked pretty worn out, but still took the time to chat. Florian is the man! Signed his Fact Oni to me. Should have asked for a remarque :(
20151006_092426_zps2avdd32h.jpg

Daniel Danger I wanna have your babies.
20151006_121346_zps5le7km1e.jpg

Presented without comment.
(possibly nsfw)
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/Mondocon/20151006_092303_zpspk3jqcnl.jpg

Jock was cool enough to sign this non-con print for me.
20151006_123237_zpsp0rkabhp.jpg

I inflicted my rusty Japanese on RJB not once but twice. He was incredibly gracious.
(possibly nsfw)
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/Mondocon/20151006_123346_zpsgqwz0zt0.jpg

Last but not least:
20151006_094636_zpsppzemzfl.jpg

Edit edit: Oh yeah, Burton's Dracula.

All editions of Inclusion were sold out. The screening prints were event exclusive and also all gone. We may see a regular version of Batman and will definitely see a big 800-1000 run of regular Goonies. Tong variant was sold out, but they had plenty of regs. There are a bunch of TMNTs and Spongebobs too.

IronRinn

Christ, now I'm considering the RJB. Part of me thinks that if I only get one thing by him though, it should be nsfw.

Well I picked up the reprint of Jared Muralt's book "The End of Bon Voyage" over the weekend and managed to be among the first 10 people, so I got a sketch:

So take that Mr. I-Went-to-MondoCon-and-Bought-All-the-Prints!

Christ, now I'm considering the RJB. Part of me thinks that if I only get one thing by him though, it should be nsfw.

Well I picked up the reprint of Jared Muralt's book "The End of Bon Voyage" over the weekend and managed to be among the first 10 people, so I got a sketch:

So take that Mr. I-Went-to-MondoCon-and-Bought-All-the-Prints!
Dood that's nice! That line work is so Mobius.

You really should jump on the RJB, the price can't be beat. You'll spend twice that from anything from his Erostika store.

IronRinn

Dood that's nice! That line work is so Mobius.

You really should jump on the RJB, the price can't be beat. You'll spend twice that from anything from his Erostika store.

Seriously. Someone just needs to match him up with the right property and I think he'll blow up. Guy is really good.

You are a bad man.

Risible

That Edmiston Halloween is amazing. Such a perfect choice using the iconic closet scene. Bravo!

Yet another Halloween print I really want and will never have barring a lottery win (along with Taylor's) :(

Preview of Matt Ferguson's stuff at Bottleneck for NYCC. Official Indiana Jones trilogy prints, along with prints for Fury Road, the newest Jurassic Park, and The Rocketeer.

I really like that Rocketeer piece. Might try for one of the two this weekend, hopefully the vertical one.

I'd probably go for that Indiana Jones set as well if I didn't already have Ferguson's LotR set. Don't know if I can justify hanging up 2 trilogies, but we'll see what happens once I'm actually buying on Saturday...

Top Bottom