• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT-11| A Dramatic Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Is 16 million a bad amount? How do we judge it?
It is not bad for any other artist I guess, but people here were hailing this as the second coming and Carly obviously wanted a viral hit since she chose Tom Hanks and JB to be in the video.
I bet that Sam Smith is more cute, right?

3yzv4Jl.gif
At least Samantha looks passable from some angles. Ed on the other hand...

Aguila

#ICONIC

I feel like Beyonce tried to go "Unapologetic" with songs like Drunk in Love, Flawless, and 7/11, and she managed to do it better than Rihanna.

Now that Rihanna went back to that sound it's coming off as reductive. Oop.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I feel like Beyonce tried to go "Unapologetic" with songs like Drunk in Love, Flawless, and 7/11, and she managed to do it better than Rihanna.

Bey has done urban since DC days tho.

Mau ®;157627522 said:

Why what?

Floridian

So that's why Unapologetic actually won a grammy for Urban Contemporary, something Beyoncé couldn't do.
8f70c6ea.gif

3phemeral

Am I wrong for thinking that BBHMM should be as boppable as the superior Baby, I Got Your Money?

It's like, it doesn't know what it wants to be. It feels it should be one of two things: Hilarious or hard hitting but it straddles the line between both without accomplishing either.

I tried, Rihanna. I really did.

Qu6pXR

3phemeral

I need to hear a high quality version. The one that's streaming has these weird volume levels that change drastically when she jumps from verse to chorus. The "BLUK BLUK BLUK", "YAYO", and "AH AH AH" strain my ears, even with good speakers.

I don't mind her vocal strain for effect but I'm seriously trying to find something redeemable (as far as my tastes are concerned) but it's an uphill battle.

Touchdown

Banned
I need to hear a high quality version. The one that's streaming has these weird volume levels that change drastically when she jumps from verse to chorus. The "BLUK BLUK BLUK", "YAYO", and "AH AH AH" strain my ears, even with good speakers.

I don't mind her vocal strain for effect but I'm seriously trying to find something redeemable (as far as my tastes are concerned) but it's an uphill battle.

you could always buy it from itunes for better quality
8f70c6ea.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's a cute little banger tho

8bf3cec7eb.gif

Its not something timeless like she was suggesting this album was going to be. Even 4 5 Seconds of basic has more artistic integrity than this. This song ain't nothing unique nor memorable that will stand the test of time like other tracks. Rihanna needs to start backing up what she says cause the 2 singles for the album are nothing exceptional so far. A Marina and the Diamonds True Artistry talk tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom