• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
I was really happy someone mentioned Dolly Style's newest single on ATRL. Mentioned it a couple weeks ago. Messy video aside, it's a really good midtempo slice of Swe-pop.

Dolly Style - Bye Bye Bby Boo (Youtube)
Spotify
iTunes

Melodifestivalen-Dolly-Style.gif
Oh, a bop!

You only proved him that Perra is racist you know?
Is there a photo of Katy with the white supremacist?

If there is, I will rescind my claim, but as it is it seems like Katy had an understandably inflated guest list due to her incredible popularity so a white nationalist (or two!) snuck in, whom Taylor naturally gravitated towards and ended up taking a photo with.

If there is, I will rescind my claim, but as it is it seems like Katy had an understandably inflated guest list due to her incredible popularity so a white nationalist (or two!) snuck in, whom Taylor naturally gravitated towards and ended up taking a photo with.

Isn't that a fake photo anyways? Either way Taylord comes out smelling like roses.

rhandino

Banned
Its kind of cute how some Swifties try to use social issues to come for other girls while their fave remain silent on them because she likes money and wants to avoid the furor of White America

PRoyiCR.img

MANUELF

Banned

Katy invited him and it was her party

Mau ®

Katy has provided way more receipts in terms of being an insensitive idiot than Taylord. I mean you won't see Taylegend making comments about "going crazy and shaving her head" as candidly as Petrry (Dish) does.

Marshal

Neo Member
Taylor didn't support Trump, she just wasn't vocal about it because nobody wants to hear a pop star's political opinions. I'm pretty sure Katy's endorsement of Hillary hurt her chances even more than if she didn't say anything. The thing is, there are receipts of Katy being super problematic(even zapped the word "Allah" in Dark Horse) yet there's pretty much nothing for Taylor outside of SIO and that incidental Nazi picture at Katy'a birthday party. There's a picture of Taylor dressed as a geisha but that's from when she was literally dressed by Japanese geishas at the Speak Now Tour in Tokyo. Meanwhile, Katy said she'd "skin them and wear [Japanese people]".

Marshal

Neo Member
So yeah, Taylor is silent but she's not hateful unlike Perrished. Not even gonna bring up the homophobic music Katy has made. Taylor has the original version of Picture to Burn which she wrote at 15, apologized for, and got rid of the album version that had the non-revised lyrics of it. Meanwhile "Ur So Gay" literally has Katy telling her ex to kill himself and calling him gay just because he's effeminate. Not to mention "I Kissed a Girl" fetishizes bisexuality and lesbianism.

Katy is 10x more problematic and hateful than Taylor, get over it

Mau ®

So yeah, Taylor is silent but she's not hateful unlike Perrished. Not even gonna bring up the homophobic music Katy has made. Taylor has the original version of Picture to Burn which she wrote at 15, apologized for, and got rid of the album version that had the non-revised lyrics of it. Meanwhile "Ur So Gay" literally has Katy telling her ex to kill himself and calling him gay just because he's effeminate. Not to mention "I Kissed a Girl" fetishizes bisexuality and lesbianism.

RT

HaOhTjr.gif

MANUELF

Banned

Perra has been proven time and time again of not being a Nice person

POPGAF is already tainted enough as it is with multiple warnings from mods, we don't need anymore stan forums shit posts in here.

Also, don't you have to be like 16 to post on GAF?

Taylor didn't support Trump, she just wasn't vocal about it because nobody wants to hear a pop star's political opinions. I'm pretty sure Katy's endorsement of Hillary hurt her chances even more than if she didn't say anything. The thing is, there are receipts of Katy being super problematic(even zapped the word "Allah" in Dark Horse) yet there's pretty much nothing for Taylor outside of SIO and that incidental Nazi picture at Katy'a birthday party. There's a picture of Taylor dressed as a geisha but that's from when she was literally dressed by Japanese geishas at the Speak Now Tour in Tokyo. Meanwhile, Katy said she'd "skin them and wear [Japanese people]".

Okay so if suddenly no one wants to hear about a pop star's political opinions why keep bringing them up? What? Like you literally did after the first sentence in your first post. Are you going to scramble again too or will you actually explain why you keep bringing this very serious shit up only to make it about your fascination with Taylor Swift? I'd at least understand if you were doing it solely to drag Katy Perry and whole woke pop era thing, but you're not even actually bringing that up. Grow up, social issues are not something you use for your ATRL stan war essays. What the fuck.

Marshal

Neo Member
Okay so if suddenly no one wants to hear about a pop star's political opinions why keep bringing them up? What? Like you literally did after the first sentence in your first post. Are you going to scramble again too or will you actually explain why you keep bringing this very serious shit up only to make it about your fascination with Taylor Swift? I'd at least understand if you were doing it solely to drag Katy Perry and whole woke pop era thing, but you're not even actually bringing that up. Grow up, social issues are not something you use for your ATRL stan war essays. What the fuck.

Social issues are not political or at least they shouldn't be. Stuff like homophobia and racism should not be reduced to politics. And how is calling out Katy's problematic past "using" social issues. Katy is problematic and I'm calling it out and always will call it out. Yet most stans don't, and instead point the blame at Taylor whose done hardly anything hurtful. Its time to change that. Glad the GP is waking up to how awful Katy is, hopefully stans do to. I care about the issues she makes fun of

yes, hillary clinton lost the election cus katy perry performed for her

bye

also, you should read your own article cus it literally suggests it may have increased millennial turnout:
Some stars were conspicuously quiet. Taylor Swift, who spent much of 2015 celebrating feminism through her highly-publicized girl squad on The 1989 World Tour, did not come out in vocal support of any candidate. And people noticed. “Who is Taylor Swift voting for?” was reportedly the top celebrity-related election search query on Election Day.

While the world's highest-paid celebrity did post a picture encouraging her 82 million followers to go vote, it came without an endorsement--despite the fact that Trump has been accused of sexual assault by several women, bragged about sexually assaulting women, and vowed to overturn Roe v. Wade. (A Twitter user has since pointed out that her bare-shouldered sweater could have been a subtle hat-tip to Clinton.) Swift started her career in country music, whose fanbase traditionally vote Republican; an endorsement of Clinton could have alienated those fans. An emailed message last week to a representative for Swift asking who the pop star was voting for received no reply.

One demographic celebrity endorsements may have impacted: Young people. “I don't believe there is anyone in Hollywood or the entertainment industry who could produce a large number of votes for either Clinton or Trump," said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, to FOX411. "Now, maybe some celebrities can get more millennials out to vote, since they lag in turnout."

Marshal

Neo Member
yes, hillary clinton lost the election cus katy perry performed for her

bye

also, you should read your own article cus it literally suggests it may have increased millennial turnout:

Well clearly it didn't, fewer millennial voted in 2016 than in 2012. What would've increased millennial turn out would've been a Bernie Sanders nom

doby

Lool what a stupid argument.

You're really clutching at straws with your Katy devil argument. She puts her foot in it sometimes, so what, we all do. She's got a fairly immature personality so the odds of her saying something and someone, somewhere taking offence is increased.

I find her more likable than Taylor. There's something about Taylor's creepy sincerity which just doesn't sit right.

DOWN

Banned
Edit: I basically just hope Taylor and Katy have good hearts and aren't what they're being accused of. Katy seems to have some ignorance in her humor but spoke against Trump's language against minorities and immigrants so that's hopeful unless I'm just too naive

Social issues are not political or at least they shouldn't be. Stuff like homophobia and racism should not be reduced to politics. And how is calling out Katy's problematic past "using" social issues. Katy is problematic and I'm calling it out and always will call it out. Yet most stans don't, and instead point the blame at Taylor whose done hardly anything hurtful. Its time to change that. Glad the GP is waking up to how awful Katy is, hopefully stans do to. I care about the issues she makes fun of
Sis what kind of delusional mess? I mean, just one post ago you were saying Taylor did the right thing by not sharing her political opinions because no one cares about them and then one post later the whole thing is about turning the tables on Katy so that Taylor is no longer the victim? Like if she never shared anything and never got dragged for anything what is she the victim of? wyd?
tenor.gif

Marshal

Neo Member
Sis what kind of delusional mess? I mean, just one post ago you were saying Taylor did the right thing by not sharing her political opinions because no one cares about them and then one post later the whole thing is about turning the tables on Katy so that Taylor is no longer the victim? Like if she never shared anything and never got dragged for anything what is she the victim of? wyd?
tenor.gif

What? I said Katy says problematic stuff like "I wanna wear Japanese people" and "n****" yet no one calls it out. But people always say Taylor is the problematic one when she hasn't said nearly as much bad stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom