• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
the first seconds of the instrumental

eekfuv7q

the rest of the song

eekfuv7q
eekfuv7q
eekfuv7q

Aguila

#ICONIC
oh, today I finally got into the male Lana Del Rey, Father John Misty. His first album is amazing. Him and Lana should definitely do a collab.

It sounds like something from Paradise but with the lyrical magic she developed with UV and HM and it's just such a fucking mature song from her I just FUCK

tumblr_inline_okviscIjKu1qc7g7w_500.gif

Marshal

Neo Member
He never wants to strip down to his feelings
He never wants to kiss and close his eyes
He never wants to cry-y-y, cry-y-y
I never really know when he'll be leaving
And even with hello I hear goodbye
He always makes me cry-y-y, cry-y-y

vJnyytH.gif

A lyrical masterpiece

Eh, it's an okay track I guess.

I just hoped there would be more of a departure from her previous music. The Ultraviolence guitar, the gun clicks and echoing sounds from Born to Die, ... it's all there.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Its alright
Nothing outstanding

Vazduh

Lana's latest is actually okay, but the biggest problem with it is that you could have told me it was an outtake from any of her albums and I'd believe you.

rhandino

Banned
New Lana sounds OK but nothing outstanding and if you told me this was going to be included in one of her previous two efforts I would believe it.

itGATfX.gif

ANYWAY the wait for the one true LORDe continues.

BITCH did you just call Tales of Berseria trash while you have that garbagio avatar?

Dont come for Berseria when you stan Xenoblade Chronicles X hunty.
As flawed as Xenoblade Chronicles X is (I do admit the game has some issues with pacing and the way some of it's systems are presented) at least is nowhere near the mess that both Zestiria and Berseria are with the bland art direction, unfocused gameplay and reductive stories (even for the genre).

Namco-Bandai could do better for the series but they refuse to do so they are trash and their game is trash and there are not enough Berserk references + Jude and Milla bastard child with anger issues that are enough to compensate for it.

0zzDJwG.gif

eugh eugh EUGH

NOYu3Oq.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
lol that new fast single will bomb sorry. The only reason the last one did so well was because it talking about friendship with someone who died. It's incredibly emotional.

Also where's new Lana?? I need it in my veins!

The Flop

Banned
lol that new fast single will bomb sorry. The only reason the last one did so well was because it talking about friendship with someone who died. It's incredibly emotional.

Also where's new Lana?? I need it in my veins!

TayLORD taught her well, it won't bomb. The non-Wallers will want the airwaves filled with Spanish.

rhandino

Banned
saying this

is better than this

itGATfX.gif
Using a dishonet comparation and implying that Berseria doesnt have creepy eyed child characters like this one?

AE1AC04.jpg

How Trump of you~ At least should have used Lao if you are going to compare it to that fujoshi bait you posted:

F6Ieb6c.png

Also I am pretty sure that THIS:

V9x50jQ.png

is >>>>>>>>>>>>> than this

fKUvIYC.jpg

And I am going to refrain from posting environment screens and combat .gifs because I don't want to embarrass that game anymore since I understand that they had to work with a much more limited budget and less resources in general than the one given to the massive open world game with mechs which tech was later used to power Zelda: Breath of the Slay.

0zzDJwG.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Using a dishonet comparation and implying that Berseria doesnt have creepy eyed child characters like this one?

Velvet outfit can be changed in the game and Laphicet is not offensive like the toddler girl with the bikini in Xenoblade. Elma is the only memorable cast mate in XCX tbh. As for her personality if you played it you can see there is reason to why she is angry and overall see she has more layers to her personality than what you see on trailers. It is a revenge story so you cant be expecting her to be a happy girl with the stuff she has been put through. As for XCX I could try coming for the story but I remember nothing at all and the combat is not as special as many say it is since its basically an MMO offline and FF12 did the offline MMO before with better aesthetic anyway.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Velvet outfit can be changed in the game and Laphicet is not offensive like the toddler girl with the bikini in Xenoblade. Elma is the only memorable cast mate in XCX tbh. As for her personality if you played it you can see there is reason to why she is angry and overall see she has more layers to her personality than what you see on trailers. It is a revenge story so you cant be expecting her to be a happy girl with the stuff she has been put through. As for XCX I could try coming for the story but I remember nothing at all and the combat is not as special as many say it is since its basically an MMO offline and FF12 did the offline MMO before with better aesthetic anyway.

That was removed in the North American version I believe (at least I never saw it and never want to I hate the pervy side of anime).

Tales is a great series but XCX reviewed a lot better though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That was removed in the North American version I believe (at least I never saw it and never want to I hate the pervy side of anime).

Tales is a great series but XCX reviewed a lot better though.

To me XCX reviewed well by the reception of the first game but XCX is inferior to the first game in many ways. Sure the game has a big world but the big world becomes boring to explore even with some of the beautiful areas of the game, the main story doesnt feel as important as the first game did and the sidequest are simply terrible. They went with bigger is better but in this case it wasnt.

llehuty

To me XCX reviewed well by the reception of the first game but XCX is inferior to the first game in many ways. Sure the game has a big world but the big world becomes boring to explore even with some of the beautiful areas of the game, the main story doesnt feel as important as the first game did and the sidequest are simply terrible. They went with bigger is better but in this case it wasnt.
There are fantastic sidequests, tho? The MMO ones are indeed horrible, but it's obvious you don't have to focus on them. And exploring the world is fantastic and rewarding by itself. Did you even play the game?

I'm screaming Lana's managers are saying she's fucking pissed and they don't know if she'll even be releasing the album now

Lana please don't scrap it sis it sounds so good and it wasn't going to chart anyway you're better than this queen

z1IAYi6.gif

SaintZ

Finally listened to YAIL... I liked it better than High By The Beach. She sounds happy...

And I thought videogame talk was forbidden in popgaf.

The Flop

Banned
Y'all can come for me and Camila, but the Charts will speak for themselves soon! She already topped some of your favs. Just let it be known, she is fertile, and her to staY.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
TayLORD taught her well, it won't bomb. The non-Wallers will want the airwaves filled with Spanish.
It might.

I'm screaming Lana's managers are saying she's fucking pissed and they don't know if she'll even be releasing the album now

Lana please don't scrap it sis it sounds so good and it wasn't going to chart anyway you're better than this queen

z1IAYi6.gif
Doesn't all her music leak anyway? And she should just release the song now. It would be dumb if she just didn't release consider she has so much unreleased music.

Y'all can come for me and Camila, but the Charts will speak for themselves soon! She already topped some of your favs. Just let it be known, she is fertile, and her to staY.
What's the deal with the fertile nonsense?

Vazduh

I wonder... What if Cameltoe's song turns out a slay?

Lemme prepare for the possibility.

9bvJU7w.gif

p.s. Does anyone else feel like Lana's Stargirl interlude on The Weeknd's album is the direction she should go in? It's SO good.

rhandino

Banned
Black rats are also fertile but, just like your fave, that is not a good thing.

I expect this single to flop unless another actor from this franchise dies and the song alludes to it in any way.

Frodo

Did they pick the "artists" for the single in a discount-bin?

Kinda interested in Lana, but can't be bothered to look for it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit the song is popping up on iTunes

z1IAYi6.gif

EDIT: It's out now

Get into LOVE by Lana Del Rey TODAY

z1IAYi6.gif

I really like this sound... I think I need to give her a shot. I've never listened to Lana Del Rey apart from being really into "Young and Beautiful."

iTunes:
#3 Lebanon
#19 Brazil
#34 Ukraine
#50 Russia
#75 Ireland
#78 Sweden
#108 Spain

amskjfdkjdakjaskdjs I can't believe the fucking RUSSIANS are stanning for Lana

edit: out on Spotify

Status
Not open for further replies.