• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the three highest-rated PS4 games (GTA V, Last of Us, Godsona 5) are all on PS3 tho

Doesn't that basically tell you this entire generation is nothing more than a cynically redundant cash grab if 12 year old technology can run today's most acclaimed, critically lauded software?

gretxora%2520%25282%2529.gif

Floridian

The fact that the three highest-rated PS4 games (GTA V, Last of Us, Godsona 5) are all on PS3 tho

Doesn't that basically tell you this entire generation is nothing more than a cynically redundant cash grab if 12 year old technology can run today's most acclaimed, critically lauded software?

GTA VI is coming (hopefully this decade)

To be fair, Atlus runs on Atlus time so Persona 5 being a PS3 game that got ported to PS4 isn't that surprising. I would have called this gen a cash grab too during the first two years of its life but the games are rolling in. I think the PS4 has earned its place.

I'm more concerned for MS, I owned the original XBOX and 360 and to see how they are now is a bit depressing.

Bladenic

I mean it's a PS3 game so let's not act like they were even trying for they same appeal as Square's production values have

You're right, they focused on things that actually matter in a game, i.e story, characters, and gameplay. Just like Tales of Berseria.

giphy.gif

DOWN

Banned
Yeah in truth Microsoft is the only company that seems like a nonstop bomba after what they had last gen. At least FFXV was well-reviewed in the end and sold enough to guarantee a series future. Microsoft is buying shit timed exclusivity (the sales figures on Xbox One for Rise of Tomb Raida and Dead Rising 4 are tragic) and has only 3 living franchises: annual Forza, Halo which is at its lowest scoring and selling point ever, and Gears of War which scored ok and sold the worst ever. They killed Fable and a bunch of their first party. They didn't have the sales to back up Sunset Overdrive. They didn't have the reviews or sales to back up Quantum Broke. They didn't have the cash or talent to bring Scalebound to market. They have delayed Crackdown 3 to hell and back. Scorpio has now been admitted to be a competitor for PS4 Pro but a year late and all its games will also be made for the losing and tragically weak Xbox One.

I have an Xbox One and have played more Backwards Compatible old stuff on it than their own exclusives.

No surprise Microsoft can't get Japan to publish a damn thing for their console at the worst possible time to be missing out on Japanese games.

Maybe Microsoft not being able to afford having any games be exclusive to Xbox One anymore is a good thing... they need some PC money.

Yeah in truth Microsoft is the only company that seems like a nonstop bomba after what they had last gen. At least FFXV was well-reviewed in the end and sold enough to guarantee a series future. Microsoft is buying shit timed exclusivity (the sales figures on Xbox One for Rise of Tomb Raida and Dead Rising 4 are tragic) and has only 3 living franchises: annual Forza, Halo which is at its lowest scoring and selling point ever, and Gears of War which scored ok and sold the worst ever. They killed Fable and a bunch of their first party. They didn't have the sales to back up Sunset Overdrive. They didn't have the reviews or sales to back up Quantum Broke. They didn't have the cash or talent to bring Scalebound to market. They have delayed Crackdown 3 to hell and back. Scorpio has now been admitted to be a competitor for PS4 Pro but a year late and all its games will also be made for the losing and tragically weak Xbox One.

I have an Xbox One and have played more Backwards Compatible old stuff on it than their own exclusives.

No surprise Microsoft can't get Japan to publish a damn thing for their console at the worst possible time to be missing out on Japanese games.

Maybe Microsoft not being able to afford having any games be exclusive to Xbox One anymore is a good thing... they need some PC money.

This is the kind of thing they should really take to heart, it feels like they don't give a damn anymore and just getting by with what they have now.

Buying timed exclusives is a band-aid to a much larger wound.

Mill0

Neo Member
This song caught me off guard playing right next to my one of my faves in the youtube queue
BAWP
Love the bass on the chorus. And what a hook on the verses....

0gr513.gif

ad175d7b53f2c246c6ff915b0af5f99b.jpg

I just want to apologize for saying DARE was the only good Gorillaz song... I've been really getting into them lately and Sound Check (Gravity) alone is just......................

rhandino

Banned

It reallly is sad... hell, I think I played more on my Xbox360 than in almost all my other consoles combined last gen! Granted all of them were multi-plataform games and those are better on Sony console for the most part this time so.

Eeek! At Episode Gladiolus review s;ldkasd;lkasd'laks'dl;askdasd

rhandino

Banned
Ed-Sheeran.jpg

I screamed when I saw it but I was bursting when I discovered that its a baby girl.

Are they going to put warning for pregnant women in King Ed new album, Divide, that you can buy/stream on any of your preferred digital distribution services?

it's not the publishers' fault that reviewers actually started critiquing games.

rhandino

Banned
Why support them when the penis-enabled acts are delivering quality rn while the girks are still shook by how much the bar was raised on 2016?

And to be fair Katheryn, The LordE and even Lana are going to deliver soon-ish sis!

Frodo

Rediscovered this bop last week and can't stop listening to it.

Big Data - Dangerous

3Sx5G6X.gif
3Sx5G6X.gif
3Sx5G6X.gif

If you haven't checked the album where this comes from, please do it now. Business of Emotion, Dangerous, Clean, Get Some Freedom are all sleighs. It is a very solid album overall, which was a recommendation from someone here on POPGAF, that you shouldn't sleep on.

Dany

Banned
Why support them when the penis-enabled acts are delivering quality rn while the girks are still shook by how much the bar was raised on 2016?
what. who raised the bar? who are the girks? what. and who are the good male acts now? Drake? Barely.

rhandino

Banned
what. who raised the bar? who are the girks? what. and who are the good male acts now? Drake? Barely.

Solange - A Seat at the Table
Lemonade - Beyonce
ANTi - Rihanna
All I Need - Foxes
Dangerous Woman - Ariana Grande
Love you to Death - Tegan & Sarah
The Bride - Bat for Lashes
This is What the Truth Feels Like - Gwen Stefani
shut up! Is good T_T
Side B - Carly Rae Jepsen

All of them quality.

Let Go for Tonight is a bop.

jnIjHHP.gif

Never heard her first EP though, only got introduced to her with Glorious and that was mostly thanks to Bayo/Vazra campaingning.

Will get into it later today.

I like ha music but she presents herself as boring... theres nothing catchy about her? a bit generic in how she presents herself. had she have a hook about her then she will become a lot more interesting, same with her music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom