• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I'm a fan of the Uncharted series and I plan to buy Horizon. Bloodborne, Demon Souls, Dragon Age, The Witcher etc turn me off tho. I generally enjoy some whimsy in my games but I can go off the beaten path if the game feels fresh or accessible. I also bought the system for any AAA games that I'd miss on the Switch (which I plan to buy this year), and I'm excited to play Injustice when it comes out. Hopefully SoulCalibur VI gets annouced soon too.

I'm curious about FFXV but I find Square's games to be a little wonky with mechanics, and I was never a fan of their story telling, but I do enjoy an RPG that doesn't feel like work. RPGs tend to lose me around the halfway point so I'd love to discover one that keeps me plugged in.

Avoid XV, I own it and while it's a fun game and has decent exploration the story is utter shit.

Luna is shit, character backgrounds are not explained properly and important events happen off screen.

Soul Calibur is Virtua Fighter tier at this point, pray VI happens.

FFXV is a tough game to recommend, the latter half of it was just too frustratingly ridiculous and the story was a HUGE disappointment after watching Kingsglaive, which I quite enjoyed.

FFXV is a tough game to recommend, the latter half of it was just too frustratingly ridiculous and the story was a HUGE disappointment after watching Kingsglaive, which I quite enjoyed.

I didn't like neither, especially with how they handled Luna in that movie. In some ways she was more badly handled in that than in XV.

- Accessible strategy or RPGs (Pokémon, et al)
- Local multiplayer games
- Action/Adventure games that don't take themselves too seriously (games like Bloodborne are a no)
- Shooters that don't take themselves too seriously (more Overwatch, less Battlefield)

I've never been into survival/horror or hyper-realistic arcade stuff like Gran Turismo. Also not a fan of platformers that aren't Mario. :p
NieR Automata sounds like the perfect fiT

botty

Banned
Major lazer has another track with Ariana coming.

VhRttIz.gif

royalan

Not going to lie....

The verses to Mo Bounce are garbage.

But the chorus goes UP in the club

I will ALWAYS twerk to a good handclap beat.

Neptune

I never bought FFXV in the first place. From everything I've seen and read about it, it seems I made the correct decision.

NN4aPjX.gif

And Big Little Lies is amazing. Even after Botox made her unable to move her face, Nicole Kidman still out-acts everyone else. What a queen.

Floridian

Wake up guys. Her visuals are better, her music is better (Love > Bored By The Beach) and she's having actual collabs (one of them being The Weeknd) this time. She can only go up from here.

DOWN

Banned
Not going to lie....

The verses to Mo Bounce are garbage.

But the chorus goes UP in the club

I will ALWAYS twerk to a good handclap beat.
For real the first 15 seconds are like hmm but then the beat changes and I am in for the ride

"When the shit goes down
The block get out
In your backyard bumping
While we blazing out"

5MYYl.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Omggggggggggggggggg

This is a complete tonal shift from her other work. She doesn't want to die, she wants to give us inspiration to LIVE, she's done with abusive relationships, and she's going futuristic WITCH on us. I'm here for it all.
Rewatched the trailer and shes ALSO giving humor and a bit of political commentary. When the statue of liberty's torch goes out 😭

DOWN

Banned
Omggggggggggggggggg

This is a complete tonal shift from her other work. She doesn't want to die, she wants to give us inspiration to LIVE, she's done with abusive relationships, and she's going futuristic WITCH on us. I'm here for it all.
Yeah it's neat. Love and the new album are clearly optimistic and not about tragedy and darkness.

And to think, Born to Die is over 5 years old now.

giphy.gif

Ugh I know about it ending though. Nicole better sweep the awards though. I wonder if Reese will allow ha in the lead actress category.

They should both win tbh, get halfway to that EGOT queens!

Reese killed me during the dinner scene in the last episode, "Bonnie, I love this song. Is this Adele?" And the green vomit ddddd

rhandino

Banned
LOVE was incredible but I'm keeping cautious

C78bNoOW0AEUuPK.jpg

Has anyone seen the Vice interview? It was a damn mess.

"What do you think about the outrage in the black community because you cosplayed as them because your grandmother's NatGeo magazines?"

"WHITE PEOPLE FAUX-OUTRAGE!!! Please buy my book lol"

The way there are people going out of their way to give this a pass.

gretxora%2520%25282%2529.gif

DOWN

Banned
I mean it's a PS3 game so let's not act like they were even trying for they same appeal as Square's production values have

Sales don't mean quality tho, Versus XIII XV had years of hype.

Even if Persona 5 doesn't sell as much it will be the superior game regardless and thankfully Atlus isn't a dumb company like their peers who have unrealistic sales expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom