• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT2| Oops!... We Did It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

If anything that song is offensive to metrosexuals or guys that just like to take care of themselves, be healthy, show their emotions, etc.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
iDVaw2NeCveWi.gif

Look at the straights telling us whats not homophobic.

zog5fsznrbs.gif

Passive homophobia is just as bad as any other variety of it, tbh. A lot of straight women are culprits of this when they decide to diss their exes (who are hetero) by insinuating that they're gay as a way to villainize them. "You're so gay and you don't even like boys"? She fucking flaunts the fact that the word "gay" is an insulting characteristic. Fucking despise that song, and it plays into the perspective so many straight women have toward gay men as gimmicks. Toys.

Majmun

But she says "You're so gay and you don't even like boys"

Doesn't gay also mean bright and showy? Hell, there are even people who're named Gay.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Passive homophobia is just as bad as any other variety of it, tbh. A lot of straight women are culprits of this when they decide to diss their exes (who are hetero) by insinuating that they're gay as a way to villainize them. "You're so gay and you don't even like boys"? She fucking flaunts the fact that the word "gay" is an insulting characteristic. Fucking despise that song, and it plays into the perspective so many straight women have toward gay men as gimmicks. Toys.

iLmFMjnCrsKXq.gif

I went and read the lyrics, and the song is actually very homophobic.
VjvlV.gif

iLmFMjnCrsKXq.gif

Mau ®

TOP 20
1. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 157.014 (+ 0.951)
2. PINK – Blow Me (One Last Kiss): 145.201 (- 2.210)
3. JUSTIN BIEBER – As Long As You Love Me: 135.308 (+ 0.986)
4. FUN. – Some Nights: 128.829 (+ 1.379)
5. TAYLOR SWIFT – We Are Never Ever Getting…: 124.925 (+ 1.505)

6. ALEX CLARE – Too Close: 105.045 (+ 0.345) ▲
7. OWL CITY & CARLY RAE JEPSEN – Good Time: 104.666 (- 0.503) ▼
8. NEON TREES – Everybody Talks: 98.401 (- 0.845)
9. CHRIS BROWN – Don’t Wake Me Up: 93.809 (+ 1.169) ▲
10. ELLIE GOULDING – Lights: 93.345 (- 2.195) ▼
11. NE-YO – Let Me Love You: 89.686 (+ 2.587) BIGGEST UPDATE ▲
12. KATY PERRY – Wide Awake: 88.526 (- 0.179) ▼
13. GOTYE – Somebody That I Used To Know: 79.353 (- 0.524)
14. FLO RIDA – Whistle: 75.295 ( – 2.837)
15. MIGUEL – Adorn: 72.407 (+ 0.846)
16. CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Blown Away: 64.660 (+ 0.079)
17. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 63.815 (+ 2.428) ▲
18. DEMI LOVATO – Give Your Heart A Break: 63.381 (- 0.627) ▼
19. PSY – Gangnam Style: 62.978 (+ 1.417) ▼
20. MAROON 5 – Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 60.324 (- 0.453) ▲

OUTRAS
JASON ALDEAN – Take A Little Ride: 59.283 (- 0.415)
DUSTIN LYNCH – Cowboys And Angels: 59.259 (- 0.378)
KE$HA – Die Young: 58.820 (+ 1.750)
FRENCH MONTANA – Pop That f/Rick Ross: 54.619 (- 0.264)
TRAIN – 50 Ways To Say Goodbye: 53.427 (+ 0.549)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 50.014 (+ 1.497)
DAVID GUETTA - I Can Only Imagine f/C. Brown: 49.448 (+ 0.228)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS – Finally Found You f/S. Adams: 45.164 (+ 0.866)
KANYE WEST – Clique f/Big Sean & JAY-Z: 40.997 (+ 0.183)
BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 38.608 (+ 2.533)
ONE DIRECTION – Live While We’re Young: 30.731 (+ 0.449)
CHRISTINA AGUILERA – Your Body: 29.288 (+ 0.485)
USHER – Numb: 29.127 (- 0.222)
ONEREPUBLIC – Feel Again: 28.801 (+ 0.442)
BEYONCE – Dance For You: 26.904 (+ 0.264)
ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 25.596 (+ 0.942)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 19.449 (+ 0.266)
ADELE – Skyfall: 16.320 (+ 1.369)
MUSE – Madness: 15.215 (+ 0.168)
TAYLOR SWIFT – Begin Again: 12.744 (+ 0.460)

Curiosidades:
THE WANTED – I Found You: 2.178
PINK – Try: 1.925
KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 1.570 (+ 0.421)
CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 0.604

___

ITZ's notes

+ Ne-Yo's "Let Me Love You" is gaining A LOT of steam on radio and has been climbing consistently on digital. Im starting to notice an interesting trend with R&B crooners starting to climb the charts again with Ne-Yo, Miguel and Frank getting more widespread airplay and sales. Is R&B making a comeback in 2013? Anything could happen.

+ The Battle for #1 on the Hot 100 is still down to Maroon 5 and PSY. It's a 50/50 imo.

+ Diamonds has a real shot at #1 on radio within the next month and a half if its performance continues this way. The song has been getting support from 4 major formats currently and more formats like Adult Contemporary and Urban AC could start giving it spins very soon. There's a possibility this becomes Rihanna's biggest radio hit to date.

Trigger

I'm happy that Bruises is fast becoming a distant memory and Frank, Miguel, and Ne-Yo are bringing back male R&B.

0iqIh.gif

This is far more articulate than whatever I could post.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The more I hear Diamonds the less I like it. The way she oversings every line.
VjvlV.gif
It's a good tune but I don't think she turns in a good performance.

Bladenic

I went and read the lyrics, and the song is actually very homophobic.
VjvlV.gif

Haha you didn't know the lyrics before?

If we don't separate the person from the music, then Katy is a homophobic wench.

Also Rihanna is beating Kesha quite handily on radio now, but Kesha is doing better in DD. Wonder which one will end up being the bigger overall hit?

ikcPb0GvTLnsY.gif
<3

botty

Banned
Haha you didn't know the lyrics before?

If we don't separate the person from the music, then Katy is a homophobic wench.

I haven't heard the song in a long time, and I didn't remember the lyrics being so homophobic. I figured this was just people being overly sensitive.

After going back and reading them, the lyrics are basically about a girl lamenting the fact that her boyfriend has homosexual qualities -- qualities that are complete stereotypes. One of the early lines even states that she wants him to hang himself with his "H&M scarf". Now, I am not a PC person 100% of the time, but I can see how this whole thing could be interpreted as homophobic.

It's a good point that we should separate the music from the person, because I don't think she is homophobic tbh.

Christopher

Drag ha Botty I believe we can even say Cunty Perry again. Although I think crying anything PC on gay culture hurts it as it is so vibrant and not politically correct at all. I have some gay friends and frankly their embarassed not to be called gay but when the parades and anything gay is shown on television it only reinforces negative sterotypes so it's really hard to walked the like of PC when it comes to gay culture and what's offensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom