• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Does Japan even check for 1D?

idk, havent payed attention to that market

we will see in November when they go there to tour
iReI9DtgAN14.gif

Bladenic

Well, there are rumors about a Greatest Hits album this fall instead of a new full album....which I would be there for. I have always liked Rihanna's singles......its the rest of her catalog/full albums that I have found severely lacking.

ibjXL7KlN48kzh.gif

Not talking you sis. Unless that gif was meant to be in disagreement with the first half of the post.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Take Me Home peaked 6 on the Japanese album charts.

flop

even Taylor charted higher there with Red.

iV2fLy8ooY6bP.gif

Taylor has been in the scene for many years now and 1D has other boybands to compete with in Japan

if I am not mistaken this is the first time they have done promo in Japan

royalan

You know, that's a very interesting thought. 1D may have the hype of having revived the boyband craze here in the West, but boybands (pop groups in general, actually) have been alive and thriving in many Asian markets for years now. I wonder if 1D will be seen as having anything to offer.

Asian boybands (at least the ones i keep tabs on in Korea and Japan) are expected to be in exemplary physical condition for maximum iCandy appeal. 1D is flabby in comparison.

Another thing that I admire is that in Asian Pop markets there is a LOT more pressure for acts to be able to both sing and dance well, and to be able to do both of these things live. They have a much lower tolerance for fuckery. 1D can't sing or dance. And LIVE? Ch...girl you can forget it.

On paper you'd think 1D would get eaten alive for trying it in Japan, but they've got one ace up their sleeve: they're white.

I think I'll keep tabs on their travels.

Fey

Banned
Fey that list is flawless.

Good list, Fey. *.*

Thank you. I didn't know making a list would take so long. @__@

great list, hard to argue with your top 6 imo.
tho your format seems oddly similar...
lol, you made a Madonna list fairly recently, too, didn't you? ever since i saw that list i wanted to make my own.

and i c you mention top 6
another Bedtime Story lover <3 ;-;

Trigger

You know, that's a very interesting thought. 1D may have the hype of having revived the boyband craze here in the West, but boybands (pop groups in general, actually) have been alive and thriving in many Asian markets for years now. I wonder if 1D will be seen as having anything to offer.

Asian boybands (at least the ones i keep tabs on in Korea and Japan) are expected to be in exemplary physical condition for maximum iCandy appeal. 1D is flabby in comparison.

Another thing that I admire is that in Asian Pop markets there is a LOT more pressure for acts to be able to both sing and dance well, and to be able to do both of these things live. They have a much lower tolerance for fuckery. 1D can't sing or dance. And LIVE? Ch...girl you can forget it.

On paper you'd think 1D would get eaten alive for trying it in Japan, but they've got one ace up their sleeve: they're white.

I think I'll keep tabs on their travels.

VaNIA.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
1D can't sing or dance. And LIVE? Ch...girl you can forget it.

They can sing close enough to what they record
aside from Louis autotune parts

and they didn't come out of a competition that required dancing
thats the only thing I can nitpick from your post, the rest I dont care about since I dont know much about
gif0013.gif

I always knew you were a traitor at heart.

Queen Louis is most displeased.

ibx6BNti7d541r.gif

They can sing close enough to what they record
aside from Louis autotune parts

and they didn't come out of a competition that required dancing
thats the only thing I can nitpick from your post, the rest I dont care about since I dont know much about

Eh even Louis can pull off his minimal solo sections well enough. Its not like they give him challenging material.

Liams remains the only real well rounded "singer" in the group. None of them are significantly worse than Ke$ha/Perra/Rihrih/Taylor.

Wilsongt

Not here for a magazine geared at men saying Bleachonce is the most beautiful woman.

Stunt to generate hype for her Super Bowl performance? I wonder who she will "get inspiration from" this time.

I don't know. I've never really thought they were good as a live act; especially when I compare them to other boybands that I liked as a kid in 90s.

I still love Queen Louis tho.
WQMfv.gif

You are lucky that Queen Louis is such a kind and forgiving monarch.

<3

I agree they do leave something to be desired live sometimes. I still love them, and their music.

I do love Ke$ha and I didn't say the autotune was bad

it's just that in Rock Me its clearly noticeable just like in Animal
gif0013.gif

Do you think Rock Me will actually make it as a single?

On the one hand it is very cliche and heavy handed. On the other hand I thought the EXACT same think about Kelly's Stronger and it went on to smash.

Who knows?

I think I could grow to passively like Louis's voice. I feel like the boyband format does him no favors, but it doesn't bother me like it used to.

This?

That's, um... a really high key, isn't it?
iZdsofZ.gif
Yeah it is but if she hits it.....it could be incredible (I imagine she starts lower).

Her best live performances recently were sung above the track as well. So I am very optimistic.

Bladenic

Not here for a magazine geared at men saying Bleachonce is the most beautiful woman.

Stunt to generate hype for her Super Bowl performance? I wonder who she will "get inspiration from" this time.

Lol what? Then who would you have decide the most beautiful woman?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Do you think Rock Me will actually make it as a single?

On the one hand it is very cliche and heavy handed. On the other hand I thought the EXACT same think about Kelly's Stronger and it went on to smash.

Who knows?

Rock Me might be released at the end of the era to push them to a new sound for their next album maybe, who knows tho.

_____

Also Cheryl is better looking than Beyonce but she is damn local the world pays her dust
POB--3.gif

moulels

Blessss Fey Sis *o* what a flawless list. Where are the Erotica singles tho?

1120358_o.gif

I can't list my favorite Madonna singles ;___; there are so many lol. The QUEEN OF POP is truly unbeatable.

Rock Me might be released at the end of the era to push them to a new sound for their next album maybe, who knows tho.

Well TBH since they are releasing album yearly and we STILL don't have Kiss You as a single in the US the next single after KY could easily be the last one of the era. Lets say they launch KY in February and it lasts for 3 months.....then 3 months for Rock Me. That puts them in late summer as they start working on their next album...... with their new lead single probably hitting in September.

Of course if the singles flop like LT they could speed up the time table.

Fey

Banned
Blessss Fey Sis *o* what a flawless list. Where are the Erotica singles tho?

1120358_o.gif

I can't list my favorite Madonna singles ;___; there are so many lol. The QUEEN OF POP is truly unbeatable.

i felt so bad leaving Erotica completely out ;__; MDNA deserved it but Erotica is a solid album with solid singles.

i was originally going to do a list of favourite overall Madonna songs but it turned into a Ray of Light+Confessions jerkfest. *.*

You guys act like GQ is doing Bey a huge favour by putting her on the cover and giving her the title, when it's really a mutually beneficial agreement. I think your pressed delusions have finally gotten the better of you, if this is still something you try to drag with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom