• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#popMAFIA | So don’t let this be our final song

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Pop-O-Matic (3)
Haly .115
CornBurrito .207
Evilisk .237

kryptikjoker (2)
Sawneeks .94 .200
Not .202
Flame_AC .206

combine42 (2)
QuantumBro .93
Sawneeks .221

Burbeting (2)
Kalor .105
kryptikjoker .201

Evilisk (2)
Lord of Castamere .102 .220
Crab .213
Burbeting .214

QuantumBro (1)
Bronx-Man .133

Crab (1)
Coppanuva .91
Burbeting .193 .214

Haly (1)
Lord of Castamere .220

Not (1)
Pop-O-Matic .90

Sawneeks (1)
kryptikjoker .157 .201
combine42 .241

Flame_AC (1)
Bronx-Man .106 .133
Sawneeks .200 .221
CCS .248

CornBurrito (0)
Crab .99 .213

No Lynch (0)
CCS .137 .219
Evilisk .142 .237

Bronx-Man (0)
Bronx-Man .103 .106
Flame_AC .104 .206

Lord of Castamere (0)
Haly .95 .115

Everyone voted!

Day 1 ends:
gre_1479765600.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Sawneeks

Banned
Also, never be afraid to ask questions. It's easy for a lot of us to forget that Mafia terms aren't common knowledge so if you guys need explanations on anything just ask! c:

combine42

Neo Member
You don't see this as being incredibly defensive?

I put a vote down on you to get you to talk and also explain more by what you meant in your original comment but instead you interpret it as me 'jumping on you' and then go and put an OMGUS vote on me. That feels very defensive to me, especially because you came to the conclusion I was attacking you when I simply wanted to hear more from you.

Thats fair, its hard to read subtly's in forum. You just seem a bit suspicious or maybe its just prodding to get a reaction? I'm still not sold either way to be honest

It's disheartening to me that you all assume I'm joking with my scum claim. I'm 100% serious about my claim as the scum roleblocker. Now if I'm telling the truth or not...well, you'll have to take it on faith for now, but that's how you take all claims of information in Mafia. I'll just say that I have my reasons for doing what I've done that I might reveal in due time, but, if you're impatient, you can just flip me now and see how honest I actually am. Plus, I'm sure the result of my flip will be the source of much debate in the days to come...

Now, as far as who to lynch today, I'm still pretty puzzled by QuantumBro's "jokes" earlier in the game. Still can't get past the feeling he posted knowledge that he assumed every other player had and simply used the joking excuse when people called him on it.

Evilisk is also one that's setting off some alarm bells in my head. They seem to be incredibly talkative for a new player, which conflicts with previous claims of being afraid of getting night-killed D1 for being too talkative, as well as them constantly folding when challenged. It's just giving me this feeling that they might be getting coached by other scum players (and yeah, with how many new players there are in this game, there's a good chance we're coaching someone...), but said coaching is leading to them playing very defensively, to their own detriment.

Truth be told, though, if I have to eliminate one player right now (wearing my town hat, of course), it'd be...

Vote: Kalor

They've been pretty inactive this entire time, and the one post of anything resembling substance this game is a random post calling out kryptikjoker for making a read list after LoC as if it was somehow scummy when really it just seemed to be the newer, inexperience player following someone else's lead. Making a mountain out of a molehill like that just doesn't strike me as very pro-town.

My last question to QB still stands but I definitely want more of an explanation on your 'Town Lean' of LoC since his only contributions up until that point were these posts:

I've played with everyone in my Town Lean list (besides you) in previous games and they're all acting how I would expect them to. As for you, you're giving off a town leader vibe and trying to get discussions started. It's only Day 1, so a lot of my reads will change once Day 2 begins and they've even changed over the course of this day; pop-o-matic's gone awfully quiet.

As for my vote, I'm going to keep it on combine42 since he took a while to post his vote which turned out to be OMGUS. All his other posts are pointless fluff.

Huh, I didn't notice that when I went over them. Interesting. Although Kryptik's list has 'borderline Town/Scum' while LoC's has 'Town/Scum lean', so if it was just a copy-and-paste then he had enough sense to change those as well. I also have a guess as to why he left the 'Town' section blank but I want to hear his reasoning for it first.

RIP Pop
2016 - 2016

We hardly knew her ;__;

Hm. Agree to disagree I suppose, I still think it's possible to hit Scum on the first Day but seeing as most everyone in this game has taken a massive disinterest in Day 1 I'm not really feeling like arguing the point.

I can see where you're coming from with your reasoning for a Pop lynch though, even if I don't particularly agree with it. Your logic is sound at least.

Add another one to the 'you're not understanding my vote' tally.

My vote was a 'prod vote', meaning I did that to get your attention so you would answer my question and also to get you talking more. It was not a 'I think you're scummy so I want you lynched' vote. However, it can turn in to that kind of vote.

Before I decide on that I have a question. How did you intend to 'get the game moving' by making your comment?

I do find it interesting you also got incredibly defensive over 1 vote though.

Sometimes it can be a lot harder to find anything suspicious in a game and other times it can feel like 90% of the player list is doing something incredibly suspect. It changes every game you're in.

This level of activity is not normal, at least not here in Gafia. I don't know if it's just mass disinterest in the game itself or if people just don't have the time to play but typically games are a lot more 'alive' than what's going on right now. I'm hoping everything will pick up soon since we have a lot of people in the low activity corner and it's always hard to scum hunt in that group, but more importantly I hope it picks up because a slow game with a lack of interest can be very boring and frustrating to play. :/

I left the "Town" section blank because I've been posting from mobile all weekend and have the list saved on a Notes template. I've been moving them around as I continue reading everyone's contributions.

I've played with everyone in my Town Lean list (besides you) in previous games and they're all acting how I would expect them to. As for you, you're giving off a town leader vibe and trying to get discussions started. It's only Day 1, so a lot of my reads will change once Day 2 begins and they've even changed over the course of this day; pop-o-matic's gone awfully quiet.

As for my vote, I'm going to keep it on combine42 since he took a while to post his vote which turned out to be OMGUS. All his other posts are pointless fluff.

To be fair, I'm not acting as agressive as I was in Star Wars, but in my time as scum I've seen a lot of Day 1 missteps on lynching new players for rookie mistakes, which often than not leads to nothing.

I won't be part of a witchhunt.

CCS

Banned
I still don't like how quiet Flame_AC is being. Until people start posting more I support lynching the least active players.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well, gaf being down put a large dent in my plans this morning. >.>

I'm going to read over everything before putting my final vote down for this Day phase. I need to leave for work in about 20 minutes and I won't be able to post after that.

Coppanuva

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I HAD A POST TYPEDU P AND GAF WENT DOWN.

K so some observations from my busy workday and birthday yesterday:

Pop: Wtf. I still don't get this play, and I think it's only going to continue to confuse us going forward. I'm not opposed to getting you out of the way right now, but I don't think enough people have interacted with you, or you with them, to give us much info.

Flame: He's been quiet, and jumped onto Kryptikjoker for the same reason as Not, very quickly after. Flame is he still your top pick?

Burb: Been pushing us around and driving conversation. I think his vote on evilisk is reasoned, leaning town here for the moment.

Sawneeks: Also driving conversation, albeit a bit more aggressively. Town reads.

For right now (barring any last minute shenanigans or changes of opinion):
vote: flame_ac

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Pop-O-Matic seems pretty keen to be lynched. It's making me somewhat wary - I don't think the gamerunners would include a role that actively benefits from being lynched, because it subverts the normal course of play and makes for awkward dynamics (i.e., the one right now, where there is a player that is damaging town's cause but we can't confidently lynch him). Nevertheless, I can't really see any other reason why he continues in this course of action - why would a vanilla town want to be lynched so much? I'm not going to argue strongly for it, but I think I'd be happier if we avoided that one, at least for a little while.

For the time being, I ultimately just remain entirely unsatisfied with QuantumBro's joke, and I find it alarming that it was dropped so quickly. He mentioned that the scum were Apple-themed in apparent seriousness, then tried to pass it off as a joke much later when called out on it. Almost nobody has challenged something that, at least to me, didn't seem like much of a joke at all, which seems surprising - I'd have expected at least a few other people to do so and it makes me wonder whether scumteam are just hoping it drops from people's memories.

VOTE: QuantumBro

CCS

Banned
Anyone who hasn't posted recently, is your vote still the same, and why/why not?

Also, out of curiosity: Crab, what's your read on me?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who hasn't posted recently, is your vote still the same, and why/why not?

Also, out of curiosity: Crab, what's your read on me?

I don't do read lists this early.

Flame_AC

GAF went down for y'all as well for the past couple hours, right?

The kryptikjoker lynch is a reasonable one in my opinion, it's early game and I feel more positive towards the other candidates with a decent amount of votes.

I can offer opinions on the others, but stuff I say right now won't be based on anything more than the most basic of gut reads.

Coppanuva

GAF went down for y'all as well for the past couple hours, right?

The kryptikjoker lynch is a reasonable one in my opinion, it's early game and I feel more positive towards the other candidates with a decent amount of votes.

I can offer opinions on the others, but stuff I say right now won't be based on anything more than the most basic of gut reads.

Why do you feel KryptikJoker is a better lynch than Evilisk?

combine42

Neo Member
It's disheartening to me that you all assume I'm joking with my scum claim. I'm 100% serious about my claim as the scum roleblocker. Now if I'm telling the truth or not...well, you'll have to take it on faith for now, but that's how you take all claims of information in Mafia. I'll just say that I have my reasons for doing what I've done that I might reveal in due time, but, if you're impatient, you can just flip me now and see how honest I actually am. Plus, I'm sure the result of my flip will be the source of much debate in the days to come...

Now, as far as who to lynch today, I'm still pretty puzzled by QuantumBro's "jokes" earlier in the game. Still can't get past the feeling he posted knowledge that he assumed every other player had and simply used the joking excuse when people called him on it.

Evilisk is also one that's setting off some alarm bells in my head. They seem to be incredibly talkative for a new player, which conflicts with previous claims of being afraid of getting night-killed D1 for being too talkative, as well as them constantly folding when challenged. It's just giving me this feeling that they might be getting coached by other scum players (and yeah, with how many new players there are in this game, there's a good chance we're coaching someone...), but said coaching is leading to them playing very defensively, to their own detriment.

Truth be told, though, if I have to eliminate one player right now (wearing my town hat, of course), it'd be...

Vote: Kalor

They've been pretty inactive this entire time, and the one post of anything resembling substance this game is a random post calling out kryptikjoker for making a read list after LoC as if it was somehow scummy when really it just seemed to be the newer, inexperience player following someone else's lead. Making a mountain out of a molehill like that just doesn't strike me as very pro-town.
Zero the hero? I thought the scum claim was weird but whatever, you were just fucking around I guess?

combine42

Neo Member
Aww dammit, notice me Crab-senpai! :p

In all seriousness, I'm not liking the silence from some people. Only sneks hide from their fellow queens.
Who are you leaning towards? Are you keeping your vote the same? I still feel like we don't have information but maybe that's just because it's day one

Sawneeks

Banned
Having re-read everything I'm still conflicted on who I wanted lynched. I, personally, don't like to lynch new players on Day 1 since I feel it's rather unfair to them and that they won't get to experience more than 1 Day phase of a game. So I am willing to give Evilisk/Not/Kryptik/Combine/CCS a pass for now but I will be looking in to them more on Day 2, with Evilisk/Kryptik higher up on that list.

I don't have any incredibly strong Town reads for any player but I do feel good about a couple people, enough to where I would rather not see them lynched this Day phase. Crab and Coppa are the two I can think of instantly with Burb and CornBro not too far behind. I wouldn't confidently put them in a Town camp, but their logic is sound when pressed and they are trying to get discussion moving and that is more than many other players can boast.

In regards to Pop I agree with Crab. His insistence on the 'my scum claim was legit' stance is making me wary of lynching him today and I do want to see what he does if he makes it to Day 2 and how some others react to that as well. It's always possible he is a Tanner or something but I don't think those are in Main Season games? Either way I'm not directly opposed to his lynch.

Since I'm running low on time, I'm going to

Vote: QuantumBro

I don't like any of the Reads List people but QB sets my gut scum radar off the most. He was the first to make an unprompted Reads List and while I interpreted his initial comments as a poor joke that I chalked up as fluff it still hasn't excused his actions. Not to mention his current Combine lynch vote feels opportunistic, especially because once I thought about I don't think a Scum player would make the same OMGUS mistake as 2 other people had already been called out for.

CCS

Banned
Who are you leaning towards? Are you keeping your vote the same? I still feel like we don't have information but maybe that's just because it's day one

It depends, I'm basically at the moment just penalising inactivity, so given Flame has popped back up I might change it unless he does something blatantly scummy.

OK, I'm not gonna be here for the final 30 minutes of the game, so I'm just gonna throw out a vote now, since my preferred target probably isn't getting lynched.

Vote: QuantumBro

For reasons stated in a previous post & to break the vote tie.

Coppanuva

It depends, I'm basically at the moment just penalising inactivity, so given Flame has popped back up I might change it unless he does something blatantly scummy.

So you don't think anyone is particularly scummy? Not even the people who openly claimed to be scum, or talked about the scum team name nobody else would know?

Burbeting

Banned
QB is one of those people who posted those read lists early on, which I still find scummy. I'm not against lynching him.

Evillisk's response, while not completely bringing my doubts about him, makes me feel a bit better. And I don't really get scum vibes from Pop right now, even if his joke eariler is questionable.

VOTE: QuantumBro

CCS

Banned
So you don't think anyone is particularly scummy? Not even the people who openly claimed to be scum, or talked about the scum team name nobody else would know?

Like I said, I might change my vote. If so, haven't decided who to yet.

Kalor

I'm going to vote for Quantum for today. His apple comment could have just been a joke but it's a weird thing to mention, especially when he did.

QuantumBro

Hopefully desktop Gaf starts working before the end of the day as I like to say more.

CCS

Banned
Yeah desktop not working is a pain in the neck. There's a bunch of people who's posts I'd like to look through before deciding about changing my vote.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That fact I've started a wagon after being townread by a few people is making me very nervous all of a sudden. I wish QB was actually here to respond/claim. :/

cabot

Day 1 votes:

quantumbro (6)
bronx-man 133
crab 267
sawneeks 275
pop-o-matic 278
burbeting 281
kalor 286

pop-o-matic (3)
haly 115
cornburrito 207
evilisk 237

flame_ac (2)
bronx-man 106 (133)
sawneeks 200 (221)
ccs 248
coppanuva 266

kryptikjoker (2)
sawneeks 94 (200)
not 202
flame_ac 206

combine42 (1)
quantumbro 93
sawneeks 221 (275)

burbeting (1)
kalor 105 (286)
kryptikjoker 201

sawneeks (1)
kryptikjoker 157 (201)
combine42 241

haly (1)
lord of castamere 220

not (0)
pop-o-matic 90 (260)

crab (0)
coppanuva 91 (266)
burbeting 193 (214)

lord of castamere (0)
haly 95 (115)

cornburrito (0)
crab 99 (213)

evilisk (0)
lord of castamere 102 (220)
crab 213 (267)
burbeting 214 (281)

bronx-man (0)
bronx-man 103 (106)
flame_ac 104 (206)

no lynch (0)
ccs 137 (219)
evilisk 138 (142)
evilisk 142 (237)

kalor (0)
pop-o-matic 260 (278)

Burbeting

Banned
That fact I've started a wagon after being townread by a few people is making me very nervous all of a sudden. I wish QB was actually here to respond/claim. :/

At any case the pile-up is going to give us some interesting information going forward to D2.

Coppanuva

Definitely wary about this huge pile up though, but at least we'll get info on how this interaction plays out. I'm still wary of Flame, not moving my vote.

CCS

Banned
Definitely wary about this huge pile up though, but at least we'll get info on how this interaction plays out. I'm still wary of Flame, not moving my vote.

I've decided the same thing. He's still not been hugely active, and I'm not 100% convinced by this pile on at the moment. On the plus side, we should get some useful information out of it.

Coppanuva

I've decided the same thing. He's still not been hugely active, and I'm not 100% convinced by this pile on at the moment. On the plus side, we should get some useful information out of it.

Oh and he never answered my question for him.

I don't know if it's just having my perspective skewed by usually playing with Sorian and the like, but this felt like a particularly unproductive Day 1.

Coppanuva

I don't know if it's just having my perspective skewed by usually playing with Sorian and the like, but this felt like a particularly unproductive Day 1.

Yeah I agree that right now it feels unproductive, hopefully we'll get something to work with post-flip. Though it is kinda nice not having a mass panic at the end of D1 to deal with.

Yeah I agree that right now it feels unproductive, hopefully we'll get something to work with post-flip. Though it is kinda nice not having a mass panic at the end of D1 to deal with.

End of D1 mass panic is the best part of D1, though. So many votes in such little time.

Top Bottom