• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

[HP]

thing is, why would they need such a detailed character model for a PSP game? I know it can still be used for marketing and such, but still... mmm..

MGS3's canonical sequel is MGS: Portable Ops for PSP, for the record. If it features Big Boss, it has to be something somewhere between Portable Ops and MGS1, and you have to fit MG1 and MG2 in there as well.

DieH@rd

Banned
liquidspeed said:
A friend of mine on the PSN ( who *CLAIMS* to have inside info because his sister works for Konami) messaged me, saying that 1 new Metal Gear is going to be for PSP and will be a continuation of MGS3.... and that another one with Raiden as the main character will be for PS3, 360, PC..... Take it for what its worth.....

That sounds... reasonable. Also FUCK YES for PC versin.

Chinner

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
A) Thats because the whole Raiden thing was a secret
B) Usually the success of a sequel is predicated on the game that came before it...

so MGS2 sold like crazy because MGS1 was a great game, MGS3 had disappointing sales (at least the initial numbers) because MGS2 turned off a lot of people

The Phantom Menace broke a ton of sales records but that was because everyone loved the OT, not because they loved TPM.
i know

Wrath2X said:
infinityBCRT said:
Perhaps. It could also be Big Boss during the MG2 era when he was a snatcher/cyborg according to the MGS Database
WHAT!?
Yes, that's right. Download the MGS Database off PSN and check out the Big Boss and Snatcher entries. Note that "Snatcher" in the MG universe means a human that has turned into a cyborg, unlike in the game Snatcher where a "Snatcher" is a robot imitating a certain person.

zoukka

infinityBCRT said:
Yes, that's right. Download the MGS Database off PSN and check out the Big Boss and Snatcher entries. Note that "Snatcher" in the MG universe means a human that has turned into a cyborg, unlike in the game Snatcher where a "Snatcher" is a robot imitating a certain person.

So he became a cyborg and then human again. Great.

Cynar

liquidspeed said:
A friend of mine on the PSN ( who *CLAIMS* to have inside info because his sister works for Konami) messaged me, saying that 1 new Metal Gear is going to be for PSP and will be a continuation of MGS3.... and that another one with Raiden as the main character will be for PS3, 360, PC..... Take it for what its worth.....
:lol This was already posted in the thread earlier and you're just regurgitating it.

Grant DaNasty

Neo Member
Jocchan said:
Solid had blue eyes in Twin Snakes. I can't remember about MGS2, and can't seem to find decent pictures, but I would be surprised if they were brown.
Both him and BB have blue eyes.

EDIT: found a Pliskin pic. He has blue eyes even in MGS2.
http://www.mgslash.com/gallery/pliskin960.jpg

It was the first thing we knew about MGS3, actually.

I see your point but they still look pretty brown to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbVdX4_W4EY

Definitely not the same color though as in MGS4.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Grant DaNasty said:
I see your point but they still look pretty brown to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbVdX4_W4EY

Definitely not the same color though as in MGS4.
They look blue to me, honestly:
2exnebo.jpg

Also, they're blue everywhere. Why should they be different in MGS2?

This could be a PSP game but that would be pretty dumb, considering how much fanfare this is getting pre-E3. If you remember, the first PO on PSP had zero and was almost an afterthought at E3. I mean really, five countdowns for a PSP game? :| PS3 is more likely.

Grant DaNasty

Neo Member
Jocchan said:
They look blue to me, honestly:
2exnebo.jpg

Also, they're blue everywhere. Why should they be different in MGS2?

Cause Snake was established as being the darker twin. Brown eyes would seem to be part of that package. Maybe Kojima changed his mind?

Chris Redfield had blue eyes in Code Veronica but brown eyes in RE5. In SFIV Ken has blue eyes in game but brown eyes in all the cutscenes. It's not unheard of for videogame characters to change eye color.

Yoboman

Not sure what I'd prefer... I prefer Big Boss... But Raiden could bring something fresh to the gameplay table if it's a cross between ninja-action and stealth gameplay

deepbrown

akachan ningen said:
This could be a PSP game but that would be pretty dumb, considering how much fanfare this is getting pre-E3. If you remember, the first PO on PSP had zero and was almost an afterthought at E3. I mean really, five countdowns for a PSP game? :| PS3 is more likely.
I'm confused by this:

"KJ: Right now in Kojima Productions, we are actually re-refining our tech
department and our staffs while making this. Normally this should
really be passed on to somebody else..."

Is he saying normally a game like this would be passed onto someone else, or the refining the tech should be?

deepbrown

Grant DaNasty said:
Cause Snake was established as being the darker twin. Brown eyes would seem to be part of that package. Maybe Kojima changed his mind?

Chris Redfield had blue eyes in Code Veronica but brown eyes in RE5. In SFIV Ken has blue eyes in game but brown eyes in all the cutscenes. It's not unheard of for videogame characters to change eye color.
Or have both. Bowie-like.

Facism

ffclqp.jpg

I see Russia at the top of the skull, Alaska curling downard at the top right, Africa curling rightward at the bottom. Norway, Finland and Sweden top right, Europe in the middle. Long shot? It has a slight resemblance.

world-map.gif

Busty

Banned
I'm thinking that this might be a multi format MGS game but exclusive for the PS3 in Japan like FFXIII. Perhaps that's the reason we haven't heard anything about a possible PC or 360 version mentioned thus far.

So if that is what the 'MGS 4 team' are working on I'm curious to see what Kojima is working on if not this.

EDIT - I can just imagine this being similar to the GTA4 announcement. MS will unveil/show this game at their conference at the end as the surprise. Everyone goes crazy. Slowly they realise that it's actually multi format.

Turk

proposition said:
Pangaea_continents.png

Pangaea, a united world.

Interesting...

The people saying it's Big Boss and Raiden crack me up. It reminds me of the people convinced that the Snake in MGS3 was Solid Snake.

Right now we have no idea who they are, Kojima is using our feelings and memories to manipulate us. It'll be a fun ride for the next 1.5 - 2 years (my guess of release date for this game).

Busty said:
I'm thinking that this might be a multi format MGS game but exclusive for the PS3 in Japan like FFXIII. Perhaps that's the reason we haven't heard anything about a possible PC or 360 version mentioned thus far.

So if that is what the 'MGS 4 team' are working on I'm curious to see what Kojima is working on if not this.

EDIT - I can just imagine this being similar to the GTA4 announcement. MS will unveil/show this game at their conference at the end as the surprise. Everyone goes crazy. Slowly they realise that it's actually multi format.

Forget it. MGS4 actually sold pretty well and also the MGS games are really important for Sony. The revealed MGS5 or whatever will be PS3 exclusive, I bet.

On another side though, I am sure Kojima will announce his next game beside MGS which can be multiplatform.

As for the revealed images... Oh My God! The people at my site MGS:TUS got crazy and mindfucked again. Sure, there's something more than just "Big Boss and Raiden". It's too obvious to be true. There's something more in there...

Oh, and please [advertising]buy out t-shirt[/advertising]. It's cool :)

Turk said:
Interesting...

The people saying it's Big Boss and Raiden crack me up. It reminds me of the people convinced that the Snake in MGS3 was Solid Snake.

Right now we have no idea who they are, Kojima is using our feelings and memories to manipulate us. It'll be a fun ride for the next 2 years.
The people who think they are knowing what they talk about and shoot other's theories down crack me up. At this point we don't know whats what, but people are entitled to their theories. I don't want this thread to become like MGSTUS where every other post is a hater post because people think they own the MGS series and the next game can only be the way they want it to be.

And AFAIK most people who were aware of MG1/2 knew Snake was Big Boss. I remember screenshots of the fire scene from the trailer with his eye missing being posted on various gaming forums as evidence it was big boss.

why all of you think this is raiden?

if they're both part of the same game (mgs5), it could pretty much be gray fox. it makes more sense.

at least, i hope.

Facism said:
ffclqp.jpg

I see Russia at the top of the skull, Alaska curling downard at the top right, Africa curling rightward at the bottom. Norway, Finland and Sweden top right, Europe in the middle. Long shot? It has a slight resemblance.

world-map.gif
It's a map of Pangaea, with artistic license to create a skull.

Nervous Hamster said:
Forget it. MGS4 actually sold pretty well and also the MGS games are really important for Sony. The revealed MGS5 or whatever will be PS3 exclusive, I bet.

On another side though, I am sure Kojima will announce his next game beside MGS which can be multiplatform.

As for the revealed images... Oh My God! The people at my site MGS:TUS got crazy and mindfucked again. Sure, there's something more than just "Big Boss and Raiden". It's too obvious to be true. There's something more in there...

Oh, and please [advertising]buy out t-shirt[/advertising]. It's cool :)
Do you run MGS:TUS? I used to have a login there (last time I posted was around the time MGS4 came out). Tried signing up on the new forums last night and it says I need to be logged in to sign up which makes no sense :lol

Also, the people on your forum are more than mindfucked. They are gouging each other's eyes out for the smallest of things. And then there's the people who like MGS2 that think they are superior to everyone else (including Kojima) because they made some semblance of a poorly told/convoluted story.

Turk

infinityBCRT said:
The people who think they are knowing what they talk about and shoot other's theories down crack me up. At this point we don't know whats what, but people are entitled to their theories. I don't want this thread to become like MGSTUS where every other post is a hater post because people think they own the MGS series and the next game can only be the way they want it to be.

And AFAIK most people who were aware of MG1/2 knew Snake was Big Boss. I remember screenshots of the fire scene from the trailer with his eye missing being posted on various gaming forums as evidence it was big boss.

I agree. But if someone claims it's definitely Big Boss or Raiden they should have a theory to back it up that fills in obvious holes.

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

It does look like BigBoss but we don't know for sure. Kojima loves to reuse iconic Metal Gear images. Plus I'm hoping it
's a New Boss.

'Militaires Sans Frontieres' means 'soldiers without borders' or 'military without borders'. Perhaps it could be a new Metal Gear Online? Without borders = the internet? Network play?

I am really worried, because beside the announcement of the game at E3, we may not get any other information than the revealed renders. Usually Famitsu has the actual info which Kojima Productions is planning to reveal.

I mean, don't theorize and hope to find if you were right or not when E3 begins.

And here we go again... months and months of theories to follow (eye color, missing eyes) until the game is released at the end of 2011.

infinityBCRT said:
Do you run MGS:TUS? I used to have a login there (last time I posted was around the time MGS4 came out). Tried signing up on the new forums last night and it says I need to be logged in to sign up which makes no sense :lol

Also, the people on your forum are more than mindfucked. They are gouging each other's eyes out for the smallest of things. And then there's the people who like MGS2 that think they are superior to everyone else (including Kojima) because they made some semblance of a poorly told/convoluted story.

Yep. There was a problem last night but I fixed it. You can register now. And yep, you're right for most of the things...

Busty

Banned
proposition said:
'Militaires Sans Frontieres' means 'soldiers without borders' or 'military without borders'. Perhaps it could be a new Metal Gear Online? Without borders = the internet? Network play?

Interesting theory.

Perhaps it's a cross between Metal Gear Online and an MMO? A game that can be played either on the PS3 or PSP.

Simply sign in with your user name and then play against other players on the virtual battlefield regardless of whether you are playing on the PS3 or the PSP. The only thing that changes is the graphics.......

Perhaps it's the online community/gaming aspect of COD4's multi player that Kojima wants to appeal to the MGS universe and this is the result.

If it was an online only battle game like SOCOM Confrontation it would explain the shorter development time between it and MGS4.

Speculation to this degree?

Truly E3 is nearly upon us.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
infinityBCRT said:
I actually doubt it. MGS on 360 would not be successful unless they ported all of them at this point. Theres too much back story to make sense of it all.

Look I really doubt a 360 MGS too man, but come on. XBox never had any RE games, then RE5 came out and sold more on 360 than PS3. So there goes your theory.

Dizzle24

This thread makes my brain hurt.

All I know is that I will be playing the shit out of MGS3 and MGS4 all weekend.

I never played MGS3
:lol

DieH@rd

Banned
Nervous Hamster said:
I am really worried, because beside the announcement of the game at E3, we may not get any other information than the revealed renders. Usually Famitsu has the actual info which Kojima Productions is planning to reveal.

Next weeks famitsy will have full blowout for new KojiPro games. Or at least i've read that somewhere.

TheCardPlayer said:
Look I really doubt a 360 MGS too man, but come on. XBox never had any RE games, then RE5 came out and sold more on 360 than PS3. So there goes your theory.

Like Resident Evil storylines are anything to write home about.

Top Bottom