• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible MGSV Details Leaked - Boss Battle, GZ Cliffhangar, and RELEASE Info

Palpable

This guy is talking out of his ass. There's no way they'll release it this year, especially if it's only "80% finished". The only thing that sounds somewhat believable is that Ham character.

I'm thinking the same thing. This dude must not understand development and marketing cycles.

Palpable

Fixed. I don't see how any branch other than KojiPro in Tokyo and L.A. would be privy to any MGSV story info. There's a Konami branch here in Vegas, but that's most likely for their slots division.

I should walk in there & ask them for the release date.

10622964_742375662488132_2849197543237510056_n.jpg

Can not unsee.

Fixed. I don't see how any branch other than KojiPro in Tokyo and L.A. would be privy to any MGSV story info. There's a Konami branch here in Vegas, but that's most likely for their slots division.

Konami El Segundo handles marketing and localization iirc.

ezekial45

Banned
New video from YongYea goes into detail about the MotherBase invasion gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvkhi676pkk

He makes a great point about the mention of 'Front Operating Bases', which was mentioned throughout the demo. There's the possibility that MotherBase will be divided between Singleplayer and Multiplayer content. SP being Main Opperating Base, and multiplayer being the Front Opperating Base.

This would be really awesome if true.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
If my memory serves me right didn't the release date for MGS3 get announced at TGS 2004 and it was release November of 2004, so it late 2014 is possible for Konami.

Now with that in mind the Q2 of fiscal 2015 for Konami ends September 30, 2014, while Q3 ends December 31, 2014. In the latest report generated earlier this month no word of MGS in the pipeline as seen below. We won't get Q2 fiscal report until around early November so either we will get a release date before that or we will have some sort of idea by November is my guess.

PSy7jVj.jpg

Source
-----------
http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2014/0805_486481.pdf

Palpable

He makes a great point about the mention of 'Front Operating Bases', which was mentioned throughout the demo. There's the possibility that MotherBase will be divided between Singleplayer and Multiplayer content. SP being Main Opperating Base, and multiplayer being the Front Opperating Base.

I've been saying that since the demo was first leaked.

Reule

I don't believe it and even if I did, I don't care about any story details. Anything leaked out of the L.A studio better be about Metal Gear Online. I really, really hope we get details on that soon because I'm staving for it.

Palpable

I don't believe it and even if I did, I don't care about any story details. Anything leaked out of the L.A studio better be about Metal Gear Online. I really, really hope we get details on that soon because I'm staving for it.

Don't care about story details or don't want to read about them?

I'm a fan and I play for the story. MGO is just a bonus in my eyes, not the main course.

Reule

Don't care about story details or don't want to read about them?

I'm a fan and I play for the story. MGO is just a bonus in my eyes, not the main course.
Didn't really mean to type that I didn't care for the story details exactly but I just mean if anything was going to be leaked, specifically from KojiPro L.A., then I'd like to hear what's up with Metal Gear Online. I play it for the story more than anything else as well but we haven't heard much of anything about Metal Gear Online beyond it still existing.

In any case, leaker is supposedly from the Konami California Branch (I typed my response and posted after the fact).

I'd love for it to be out at the end of the year but that seems like a dream.

Imm0rt4l

Yeah its for slot machines

SerTapTap

Guys what if he's right
At TGS he announces...The P.T. demo on your PS4 has converted itself to MGS 5
You boot your PS4
Your PS4 was Chico all along
Chico takes off his glasses and puts on another pair of--
--it's Hideo Kojima.
He's holding a fiddle.

Skullface

Guys what if he's right
At TGS he announces...The P.T. demo on your PS4 has converted itself to MGS 5
You boot your PS4
Your PS4 was Chico all along
Chico takes off his glasses and puts on another pair of--
--it's Hideo Kojima.
He's holding a fiddle.

Fiddled like a damn play.

Release date the end of THIS YEAR!?!?!!?

Is that even possible?

MAybe there was a mistranslation and they meant the end of this FISCAL YEAR. Which I think is in March for Japanese companies.

Furyous

New video from YongYea goes into detail about the MotherBase invasion gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvkhi676pkk

GOOD! I sure as shit was about to cancel my ficititous pre order over this. I'm out here grinding through a mission only to come home to an empty base. I'd lose my shit. If FoxhoundGAF sees me slogging through a mission and steals my stuff then I'll be pissed.

I love the spoilers minus the assaults. I hate the way women are treated in these games. Of course, I understand that it is war but at least humor me a little bit and go easy on them. This is just my opinion of course.

Top Bottom