• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Mascost Leaked Through Trademarks

Sesha

I'm gonna call the sun lion Redundant.

Norse was last gen, I doubt they'll revisit right away.

The legendary trio, sure. The rest of the gen, legendaries included, were whatever. Not like they can't pick and choose. Every gen's entire set of legendaries have been from a host of different cultures. And it doesn't have to be a legendary (though it should).

.JayZii

Banned
Hmm...I know Arcanine is a dog, but it already has the tiger stripe design nailed imo.

They should make this potential fire tiger starter blue, to differentiate it more from Arcanine. Something like this:

L917fnH.jpg

Please no bipedal. For any of the starters tbh.
They won't change their starter color palettes.

WPS

Fenrir is a wolf, not a doberman pinscher. It's more likely Zygarde 10% was based on Garm, given its chthonic theme.

I dunno, Fenrir fits with 50% as Jormungandr and 100% as Hel, whom are all children of Loki by the same mother, and the scarf like thing around its neck fits as the attempt at binding Fenrir.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That reminds me of that one Grass Owl Starter that had been "leaked" on 4chan a few weeks ago, totally looked fake but now...

Entei is definitely not a dog. Legendary dogs was never really an accurate term in the first place, nor was it official

Arcanine and Entei are both based on lion statues.

1f21d3edb36793bff938acf591966331.jpg

Growlithe and Arcanine are based on shisa and/or komainu, which are creatures resembling lions, dogs, and often tigers. Entei is not a dog at all, at least not primarily. All three Legendary beasts resemble the jungle cats: lion (Entei), tiger (Raikou) and cheetah (Suicune). Granted, the fan-term "Legendary Dogs" was weirdly widely- and universally-accepted at the time. :p

No they aren't. At least entei isn't.

The term legendary dogs is also wrong

They are based on cats - lion (entei), tiger/saber tooth (raikou) and a cheetah (suicune)

Arcanine is, but not Entei (shisa but with more of the leonine aspect)

I've been lied to my entire life.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If there isn't an Ice-type wolf based on Fenrir/Garm then this whole gen is a mistake.

But I don't want Fenrir to suck.

Besides, wouldn't he be more apt to be Ground type?

I've been lied to my entire life.

specifically the beasts are based on mythical asian beasts with their feline aspects ramped up, Entei being a shisa, Suicune being a quilin, and Raikou being a raijuu. Funnily enough we got a canine variant of two of those (Arcanine for shisa and Manectric for raijuu), so it makes me wonder if we'll eventually get a canine variant of the quilin.

GoldStarz

That would be amazing.

Shark could be Water type with the ability to use Fire-type moves.
Bird could be Fairy/Flying type.

Why does it have to be a water type? GameFreak literally just realized that a Pokemon living in the water doesn't mean it has to be a Water-type. Make it Fire with something else. There are already way too many Water-type.

Sesha

But I don't want Fenrir to suck.

Besides, wouldn't he be more apt to be Ground type?

Fenrir is used to getting the short end of the stick, what with being tied up until Ragnarok before getting killed by Vidar.

I wouldn't think so. He doesn't really have chthonic aspects other than his familiar relations. I mean, he could be, but there's nothing in his mythology that points in that direction. Houndoom doesn't have a ground type despite being a literal hellhound.

For me Ice just seems obvious. I see Ice/Dark or Dark/Ice as an interesting typing. He's from Norse mythology, from cold Northern Europe. He is the father of Sköll and Hati, the two wolves that chase the sun and the moon to try and consume them. Wolves are associated with the moon, and with snow and ice and cold. The January full moon is even called the Wolf Moon in American folklore. The sun is usually associated with fire which makes ice a logical counterpart for the moon. And some have suggested Fire/Fairy for the Sun mascot, for which Ice/Dark would be an interesting opposite. And there's no Ice/Dark Pokémon either.

A sun Lion sounds cool but i want to see the starters already. Espeon (Sun) and Umbreon (Moon) would be sooo good as starters for this gen. Or an Eevee that you get early on and can only evolve to either of these depending on which version you have.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fenrir is used to getting the short end of the stick, what with being tied up until Ragnarok before getting killed by Vidar.

I wouldn't think so. He doesn't really have chthonic aspects other than his familiar relations. I mean, he could be, but there's nothing in his mythology that points in that direction. Houndoom doesn't have a ground type despite being a literal hellhound.

For me Ice just seems obvious. I see Ice/Dark or Dark/Ice as an interesting typing. He's from Norse mythology, from cold Northern Europe. He is the father of Sköll and Hati, the two wolves that chase the sun and the moon to try and consume them. Wolves are associated with the moon, and with snow and ice and cold. The January full moon is even called the Wolf Moon in American folklore. The sun is usually associated with fire which makes ice a logical counterpart for the moon. And some have suggested Fire/Fairy for the Sun mascot, for which Ice/Dark would be an interesting opposite. And there's no Ice/Dark Pokémon either.

Weavile would like to have a word with you.

And I mentioned Ground because of the shit like killing Tyr, and he isn't really an "ice wolf". Dark perhaps but not Ice. And associating wolves with ice or snow feels wonky.

*is wolf expert*

Top Bottom