• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of the city you live in

Status
Not open for further replies.
belfast-a-thriving-city.jpg

Belfast, Northern Ireland.

As far as cities go it's pretty small, with only half a million population in the metropolitan area. Dirty, sectarian violence and more chavs than you can wave a stick at. But it's home, and I really do like it's size. Much prefer it to some of the other cities I've been in. Manchester and Dublin are shitholes of a much bigger magnitude. Edinburgh is awesome though.

It has changed so much since I was a kid. Hell we only started getting subways and starbucks everywhere the past 10 years.

GDGF said:
I so want to move to Austin. Looks and sounds awesome.

Seconded. Austin just sounds like a cool city every time someone talks about it. Aside from the random hail.

I'd post pictures, but I find Toronto, Mississauga and Richmond Hill, Ontario to be ugly places.

NH Apache

Banned
Well, I'll rep the 504 then since it has not graced these pages yet.

Formerly:

kdpp9f.jpg

Now:

1ena1e.jpg

View of the Central Business District

j08kdc.jpg

St. Louis Cathedral

2na1wgm.jpg

Our future mayor

2rzxr2v.jpg

Home of the champions.
Until next year!!!

New Orleans, Louisiana

-Eddman-

Everybody is posting cute pics, I'm going to change things a little bit with a pic from the horrible, chaotic, yet lovable Mexico City. This is my school, the first and most important journalism school in the country, and yeah, we're right in the back door of one of the most popular tabloids, "La Prensa".

nnqxsj.jpg

No joke, this is my school... :(

Nashville, TN!

I love this city. It's big enough to where I'm becoming comfortable to an urban setting, yet small enough to where I'm not overwhelmed. As long as you don't talk politics, everyone here is super nice, even the jerky old white farts who wipe their asses with Benjamins over on Music Row.

Riverfront area
nashville-skyline-11.jpg

nashville-748704.jpg

Broadway (oldest street in a southern city still standing)
Nashville%20Altstadt%201.jpg

The "Batman Building" - ATT Tower
013%20%20Nashville.JPG

Our replica of the Parthenon
nashville.jpg

Pancake Pantry, the best pancake joint in the entire world!
l_ee48fd3a47b5447dfcd87791ee217f19.jpg

The Belcourt Theatre - coolest festival circuit theatre I've been too
belcourt3.jpg

Then there's Vanderbilt...
vanderbilt_university.jpg

...and my school, Belmont!
vfiles28982.jpg

Belmont%20Mansion,%20Belmont%20University-medium.jpg

It's small but awesome. ;)

DJ_Lae

Victoria BC.

I have more pictures from a lengthy day I spent riding around the city taking pictures, but I'll be damned if I can find them.

30dedef.jpg

Probably the quietest you'll find the inner harbour, mostly due to it being just above freezing.

andycapps said:
Columbus, OH (not a native, but lived here for almost 10 years.. and not a Buckeye fan but a great stadium)

main_street_bridge.jpg

1388200116_85ea141637.jpg

Sinner!

I've lived in a Columbus Suburb my whole life, but near the OSU campus has been my home past 3 years.

1.jpg

Esch

Banned
070921_arch.jpg

saint-louis.jpg

3724399-Statue_of_Saint_Louis-Saint_Louis.jpg

St. Louis, Missouri.

A city that is in deep need of cultural revival, and honestly needs a facelift overall. STL disappoints me sometimes, because I feel like we could rival Chicago as the greatest city in the Midwest. At one point, we were a more relevant city.... But I still love it, crazy weather and all.

Hato-kun said:
City of the Future!

I was born there, turned into a bit of a hole really. At least where I visit, got a lot of family up there.

I've lived here most of my life and it's main problem is that it hasn't changed at all in the last 29 years that I've been alive.

Now that we have kids and most of both sides of our families live here it's not easy to think of moving away but in reality we probably will have to. On the flip side, it's pretty laid back, but in my line of work it's not exactly cutting edge.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Trent Strong said:
I live in a filthy hellhole called Ogden, Utah. Its a terrible place, but the mountains are pretty impressive. Rocky mountain high Colo......Utah motherfucker!

I've removed my pictures due to embarrassment. You have to see the mountains up close to appreciate them.

Come on man. I've been to Ogden a ton of times. It's not that bad. Certainly not bad enough to be embarrassed to show a picture of it.

Kabouter

Laughing Banana said:
Gasp!, hahaha. If I may ask, under what occasion did you visit this not-so-wonderful city of mine? :)
Never visited, but have heard of.
And heard of it by reading about our colonial history.

Agentnibs

Fattest city in America!

Corpus Christi, Texas

This place is stuck in the past, but these picture make it look nice.
%7BC2408EAA-843D-48AB-BC24-83694A9F7DBB%7D.JPG

cfiles22635.jpg

Also it snowed here once:
20091203-111523-pic-528767001_t607.jpg

Jeramii

Banned
Trent Strong said:
I live in a filthy hellhole called Ogden, Utah. Its a terrible place, but the mountains are pretty impressive. Rocky mountain high Colo......Utah motherfucker!

I've removed my pictures due to embarrassment. You have to see the mountains up close to appreciate them.

I'm from saint george utah, moved to salt lake city two years ago.

(if anyones curious).
Saint George
St-George-Utah-72.jpg

Salt Lake City
salt_lake_city_foothill.jpg

and jesus christ, half of you live in such amazing cities.. jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom