• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

post pics of shitty controllers

mr stroke

you go over to a friends house and every one argues about who gets stuck with the shitty 3rd party controller like-

14e1d78.jpg

or if anyone remembers the hidious Capcom pad

282gjb.jpg

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
i1cmc3.jpg

This shit could fit in the palm of your hand it was so small. And one of us always got stuck with it during 4 player SSBM.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I hate to do it, but really..............

sega-master-pad.jpg

while I'm complaining about the master system (though god did I love that system)

Sega%20MasterSystem%20ControlStick3060%20_z1.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
The real question is , why do ppl buy shitty controllers? For a few bucks more you get first party which is always the best best usually. Is it really just to save a few dollars?

InterActSuperPad64Plus.jpg

I seem to remember this pad (or at least something that had a very similar shape - I think mine was transparent) getting a lot of good press around the time, but after getting one free with (I think) Perfect Dark, I absolutely hated it. Felt horribly cheap and hollow.

I should add that I really liked the original N64 pad.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
aazwww.jpg

S-pad was perfection, then they went and ruined it by merging it with a dualshock.

you should probably take a deep breath and google "define:eek:pinion" if you're inclined to respond.

SpacLock

Pandaman said:
aazwww.jpg

S-pad was perfection, then they went and ruined it by merging it with a dualshock.

you should probably take a deep breath and google "define:eek:pinion" if you're inclined to respond.

You're fucking high.

Ducarmel

rogue_pigeon said:

I seem to remember this pad (or at least something that had a very similar shape - I think mine was transparent) getting a lot of good press around the time, but after getting one free with (I think) Perfect Dark, I absolutely hated it. Felt horribly cheap and hollow.

What that is the best N64 controller ever especially if you played mischief maker, or any game that was played better with the d-pad and still allowed you to use the z button.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
SpacLock said:
You're fucking high.
have you ever tried to use that d-pad?
you actually perfer the stiffer m&m facebuttons and combining l1/l2 with a high stick placement? [especially compared to the s-pads high stick with a nice and deep trigger and extra face buttons]

you sir are high.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Pandaman said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/aazwww.jpg[IMG]

you should probably take a deep breath and google "define:opinion" if you're inclined to respond.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should google on how to read OPs properly. It's like 2 sentences, and it has pictures

And that counts for more of you guys.

Lunchbox

Banned
Pandaman said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/aazwww.jpg[IMG]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/718/718946/wii-controllers-unlocking-the-secrets-20060714053323578-000.jpg

1009_tv1009_ps3_01.jpg

am i doing it right guyz?

Vamphuntr

:lol :lol :lol

At people posting the 360 and ps3 controllers. OP wants you to show shitty third party controller.

I remember the gamecube ''icon'' controller to be pretty terrible. I bought them at 10$ at Zellers and man was it cheap. The C-stick was very painful to my hand and the buttons were not clicking properly.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Pandaman said:
*360 pad*

I googled opinion and it said you have a shit one.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Pandaman said:
aazwww.jpg

It is indeed an opinion, but I'm curious if you can justify it. I'm surprised that anyone would prefer the S pad over the 360 pad, to be honest.

Personally, I prefer the sticks, the placement of the R and L bumpers (the black and white buttons were terrible), the contours of the controller itself (more comfortable), and the fact that it is wireless. The d-pad sucks, but I don't feel it was very good on the S pad either so it's lose-lose, as far as I'm concerned.

Swittcher

Banned
rogue_pigeon said:

I should add that I really liked the original N64 pad.

FUCK THIS THING

My stupid friend brought this over as a replacement controller, when we had a game night trying to play N64 fighters.

jay

SpacLock

Pandaman said:
you actually perfer the stiffer m&m facebuttons and combining l1/l2 with a high stick placement? [especially compared to the s-pads high stick with a nice and deep trigger and extra face buttons]

you sir are high.

I think it's better in almost every way when compared to the S controller. It's fine that you prefer the original (a lot of people do), but... you don't even think it's a decent controller? You actually think it's shitty?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
First of all: Not any current gen controllers. Aside from a few faults, they're probably the best we've had yet. I'd take the dualshock or the xbox controller over the POS N64 or Dreamcast controllers any day.

I'm not sure what this is but I don't think I'd want to use it:

av0ilg.jpg

^ Agree on the Dreamcast controller. That thing has not aged well at all. I just found one of my old ones the other day and I did not remember it being some cumbersome and awkward.

Mike M

Nick N
SN%20Programpad.jpg

I got this when I was a kid, I was totally sold on the ability to do special moves in SF2 at the push of a button. It... Didn't work so great... My brother and I also had the brilliant idea to try and program some sequence in Secret of Mana where the characters would automatically cast a spell to level it up and then talk to someone who refilled MP, but that didn't work out so great either for obvious reasons.

Then we inexplicably lost the second regular SNES pad, and this became our fallback. It was... OK...ish... But I never forgave it for failing to live up to my dreams.

onken

Mike M said:
http://www.sitesnes.com/photo/img_pads/SN%20Programpad.jpg[img]

I got this when I was a kid, I was totally sold on the ability to do special moves in SF2 at the push of a button. It... Didn't work so great... My brother and I also had the brilliant idea to try and program some sequence in Secret of Mana where the characters would automatically cast a spell to level it up and then talk to someone who refilled MP, but that didn't work out so great either for obvious reasons.

Then we inexplicably lost the second regular SNES pad, and this became our fallback. It was... OK...ish... But I never forgave it for failing to live up to my dreams.[/QUOTE]

Well at least it looks awesome!

Mike M said:
SNES Program Pad

Holy Christ, I forgot about that. I would say, "Why would they release garbage like this?" But then I realized we both purchased one. I remember getting it to do the fatalities in Mortal Kombat.

Pandaman said:

you sir are high.

Nope. You're fucking high. Oh, and Duke controllers rocked, too. I don't even have big hands.

ntropy

Mike M said:
I got this when I was a kid, I was totally sold on the ability to do special moves in SF2 at the push of a button. It... Didn't work so great...
i used a game genie to get rid of the charge time. playing bison was a blast! :D

Top Bottom