• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post "What I Played / What I Expected / What I Got" pics

w3bba

Can someone explain the Resonance of Fate image? I've been meaning to check that out for a while.

The battlesystem is focussed a lot on positioning and from which angle you attack your enemy. Also inhuman flips trough the air.

watch this battle gameplay to understand it a bit better (its spoilerfree). Look for the Healthbars around enemies on the ground. Those represent armor and attacks from that angle damage armor and not health

TheMoon

Can someone explain the Resonance of Fate image? I've been meaning to check that out for a while.

75e549a68he1n.gif

tumblr_m4f5gzz7Xr1qe1tayo1_500.gif

qfH36nb.gif

e512c80e33.gif

tumblr_m00dsfjpyi1qa5mbzc5.gif

Great thread, cheers everyone!

After seeing those "Resonance of Fate" gifs is it wrong that i really would like another "Total Overdose" release of insanity? Can you shoot their hats off in RoF? Inquiring minds need to know :)

Great thread, cheers everyone!

After seeing those "Resonance of Fate" gifs is it wrong that i really would like another "Total Overdose" release of insanity? Can you shoot their hats off in RoF? Inquiring minds need to know :)

The most important part of Resonance of Fate is that you can dress up the three main characters. Stylish!

I mean, juggling enemies in air is pretty cash, too.

Widge

Gameplay conceit is about making your characters actions cross paths in the field of battle as they jump around like crazy people. As far as I know!

PK Gaming

ToCS is heavily influenced by those military highschool setting light novels though.

Sure, but the difference in quality is substantial, hence my surprise.

Besides, the example I used was Mahouka. Mahouka! That anime is bad, even by LN standards.

Hahahahaha, this is perfect.

The "what I expected" part doesn't do justice to how awesome it would already be, to be fair. I was excited as FUCK even when I thought that's what I was getting.

To be fair, we also got pretty much everything in the "what I expected" column too. The game is just much more focused on the Lovecraftian aspects. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, this couldn't be more accurate. I was told it was an excellent game, but I had no idea how good it was...

This is a masterpiece. Episode 5 completely destroyed my mind last night. I can't remember ever crying this hard in a long time (if ever), or feeling so uncomfortable while playing a game. This was supposed to be a cute game about teenage drama, but instead it showed me the best and worst aspects of humanity, coupled with existential questions and more. It goes to extremely dark places, and yet it still retains some of that youthful innocence.

Amazing.

Top Bottom