• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your All-Time Favorite Videogame Box Art

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I'll go first: Super Castlevania IV

jWX6vGl.jpg

I love this one. Super atmospheric, just like the game. Lots of foreshadowing regarding the environments and villains. Dripping with detail, like most of Tom Dubois' other works for Konami in the '80s and '90s. It's just like what I imagined the game world would be like in my 7-year-old mind. I even commissioned a shadowbox of this one.

Honorable mention to Contra III: The Alien Wars, another incredible cover by Dubois.
NjgBCnW.jpg

What about you, GAF? What's your favorite videogame box art/cover and why?

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I love Haven's box art a great deal. Too bad the physical game is getting pricey since it only got a release through LRG. 😔

71-5JhMv1IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have a few other favorites as well which I'll be posting a bit latter when I have the time.
Thats one game I thought would be a bit rubbish but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The chemistry of the two characters was really well done I thought. It's a damn shame it wasnt more well met.

Thats one game I thought would be a bit rubbish but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The chemistry of the two characters was really well done I thought. It's a damn shame it wasnt more well met.
Yeah, I guess that it released very close to the launch of the next-gen consoles, so it's gotten a bit overlooked. I've enjoyed as well quite a lot especially due to the good chemistry between the two main characters. It also has quite the awesome soundtrack.

Love this song, the visuals and its direction. ^^

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Yeah, I guess that it released very close to the launch of the next-gen consoles, so it's gotten a bit overlooked. I've enjoyed as well quite a lot especially due to the good chemistry between the two main characters. It also has quite the awesome soundtrack.

Love this song, the visuals and its direction. ^^

Tis a great track indeed. I love games that try something different, it's exactly what gaming used to be about :messenger_sunglasses:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Big fan of the late 90s/early 2000s SNK art posted above, as well as the Calstlevania artist from SOTN onwards - Aria of Sorrow being a great example.

UB0DCtm.jpg

I also used to really like stop motion animation (lots of Ray Harryhausen films as a kid) and always loved the cover for Plok.

SJ7mr3Z.jpg

Top Bottom