• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your All-Time Favorite Videogame Box Art

Fuz

Banned
Modern box art does nothing for me really. The best time for box art was 80/90's. Some of it was pure art

vldUlNE.jpg
GO68ind.jpg
177wNT9.jpg
3lKBMMw.jpg
fRhz3PZ.jpg
fPWR5o9.jpg
16hWGZp.jpg
zpHtt7r.jpg
MXj6k9t.jpg
CaxysXF.jpg
m2be0zR.jpg
aXTTOoc.jpg
akxygok.jpg
UghWfg6.jpg
BcvBRML.jpg
alQWEMb.jpg
Dk7Xjvy.jpg
pxStU44.jpg
JQWtMPP.jpg
6C6wB7x.jpg

Maybe not 90's but I loved the Vietcong box art. It captured the Vietnam vibe well..
rS4Fhat.png
Ok, he did it before me and better than me.
2Rce3.gif

P.S.
Maria Whittaker. I know you were wondering.

I always liked the box for RE4 that the Wii version (and later PS4/X1) had. Sets the mood, Leon looks badass, and it’s all blue so it doesn’t do the generic thing and rely on the old “Blue/Orange contrast makes people look at it,” thing.
lcwtsX4.jpg

I also really like The Okami HD art, especially on Xbox as the green case compliments the grass and sun colors and looks really nice
BzSlDRZ.jpg

Last edited:

manj

Neo Member
jm6nfPj.jpg

these were amazing when i was a kid, used to ask for posters... and they sent from ashby de la zouch

Bakkus

I always hated this one because it triggered the autistic tendencies in me. Marle can NOT cast a fire spell.
I think it's based on one of the triple techs in the game where something similar happens.

edit: beaten

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I have no time now to post some, but to comment on what’s been posted so far…

1) covers had a much higher chance of being striking and memorable before CG and digital imaging became widespread;
2) those wordy captions on early US SNES boxes were top cringe and peak early 90s style, but I guess the people who came up with them had tons of fun;
3) Treasure’s character design was absolutely, irredeemably appalling. Those Game of the Year / budget edition covers are like Renaissance paintings in comparison.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I always loved the cover art for the original Wasteland and it's been my desktop wallpaper for the longest time. It's so ominous but also makes me want to find out what's this game all about:
3B933FEB-A4B9-4CB4-99D0-64D9375E1D97.jpg.612f7ded8cf2fa4db3d099e8111c7c74.jpg

And then there's Future Wars, which just looks really cool and has the same effect on me where I'm just dying to know what the game is about:
future_wars_01.jpg

Too bad that I don't care much for the games themselves, lol. But their cover art definitely do a great job at selling the game.

Top Bottom