• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your FAVORITE Pokemon -- and why you LOVE it!

Neiteio

DuskullResize.gif

Duskull. Ghost-type. I love this Gen III Pokemon. Not too simple; not too complex. I dig the skull mask, how the sockets make the one red eye look like two. An obvious homage to the Grim Reaper, though not TOO obvious. The brown/tan color scheme and wispy shape make him his own.

PKMN-Reshiram.jpg

Reshiram. Fire/Dragon-type. A Gen V Pokemon, and mascot of Black Version. (Yes, Black -- he's the "White Yang Pokemon," the dot of which appears on the black half of a yin-yang.)

I originally thought his counterpart, Zekrom, was the cooler of the two, but as often happens with Pokemon, I grow to love the designs I'm first iffy about. Such is the case here -- I love Reshiram now.

He's not at all what you'd imagine a fire dragon to look like, yet he feels right. White-hot flame, jets of steam -- it gels with his design. And the almost Seuss-ical face and fur to this thing makes him stand out. I dig.

But you may not like what I like. Post your Pokes!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Majine said:
gengar.png

His eyes pierces your soul.

Also, in before Psyduck.
Hey hey Psyduck is awesome .
(Never played the games or watched the show)

2aabi3l.jpg

Arcanine. He has been my favorite fire-type since the beginning. I've never played a gen where I didn't train a new one to level 100.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's more about it's design and not his actual abillity (<3 psychic, though) but my favorite is probably:

28aq45h.jpg

Abra
So cool. He's like asleep but psychic and awesome looking.

It's a tough choice though, there's also Rapidash, Evee (the cutest pokeman), Squirtle, Gardevoir, Staraptor.

Also, least favorite: Chancey. So gross.

Chris R

Squirtle. Kicked ass back when I was playing my copy of Blue. Also had a nice attitude in the animated series.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
This.

This guy right here. Over here. Look.

<----------

It's like a cyber Triceratops and his defence is stupid high. That's all I need to say.

Firehead

He breaks your game and makes it possible to capture that bastard Mew.
will52 said:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7281/missingno.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
and if MissingNo. doesn't count
[QUOTE=survivor][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/bea5jm.png[img]

He is the man. My favourite Pokemon in design and to use competitively.[/QUOTE]
'Cause he's a badass,

237Hitmontop.png

He always seems cool and exotic. Difficult to get- I always wanted one in Crystal, but my young mind never found out how. :(

I got one in LeafGreen though, woo :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Favorite pokemon? I dunno. Pichu? Just because he kicks ass in Melee.

OMG Aero

acv6ti.jpg

Both of them are cool but Shedinja is my favourite. It's design is great and it's so awesome in the single player and few times in multiplayer where you can just destroy the opponent's Pokemon while they can't do anything to stop you.

Ninjask is also cool because it is a NINJA BUG THAT GETS FASTER ALL THE TIME.

Neiteio

OMG Aero said:
acv6ti.jpg

Both of them are cool but Shedinja is my favourite. It's design is great and it's so awesome in the single player and few times in multiplayer where you can just destroy the opponent's Pokemon while they can't do anything to stop you.

Ninjask is also cool because it is a NINJA BUG THAT GETS FASTER ALL THE TIME.
YES. Shedinja and Ninjask are AWESOME.

In addition to slick design and being (I believe) the fastest Pokemon in existence, Ninjask has Speed Boost, which ramps up his Speed stat each turn. Attack first, and use Double Team to raise Evasion... Do it again, and again... Now nobody's hitting you. Now use Sword Dance, again and again, to raise Attack... Your Speed stat is going up all the while thanks to Speed Boost... Now use Baton Pass to transfer the ungodly gains in Speed, Evasion and Attack to a heavy hitter like Rhyperior, and BAM! You have a sweeper, son. One who'll never be hit, who'll strike first and one-hit kill everyone.

Then there's Shedinja... The byproduct of Nincada's evolution into Ninjask. He is, literally, shed skin. The frayed skin where Ninjask erupted from his body are his "angel wings." He even has a halo! He is part Ghost-type, so a number of moves won't hit him. And his Wonder Guard ability makes it so ONLY super-effective moves (moves with a type advantage) will hit him. Which is good, since he can only have 1 HP, max! Talk about unique. XD

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
To the OP: Duskull freaks me out. In most of the art (including the pic you posted) he simply looks cross-eyed, but when he's moving about in the 3D games you realise it's a floating red orb behind his skullface. Creepy.

Dooraven said:
Ihttp://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/dp_artwork/483.png[/IMG]

Who the hell wouldn't want to control time?

lol, the problem with dialga is that its too big, when he is played in Battle Revolution, lol, the screen has to zoom so far, back.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Bulbasaur_testbuild.jpg

I always thought he was adorable and was always my starting one in Blue

Psyduck is a close second, he doesn't win starting nostalgic points is all. Or even that useful. But makes up for it by being awesome.

Top Bottom