• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your FAVORITE Pokemon -- and why you LOVE it!

DTJAAAAM

20v0xg5.jpg

My original starter... plus FIRE BURNS!!!

Ashkeloth

I hopped off the Pokemon bandwagon after Gold/Silver, so forgive me if I'm a little outdated, but my favourite Pokemon has to be this motherfucker right here:

106_700.jpg

Why would you like a Pokemon like that you wonder? I'll tell you why.

This guy comes face to face with dragons, steel worms, magical space fairies, whale birds, psychic cat creatures, and even the literal embodiment of the creator of the world, and you know what he does?

He kicks them in the goddamn face until they die.

Oh, and they dodge his attack? he doesn't give a fuck. He just keeps going until he crashes into a tree or a wall or whatever, then gets back up and tries again.

That is why Hitmonlee is the best Pokemon.

DarkKyo

26.png

My favorite has almost always been Raichu. He's like a much more badass Pikachu but just as cute!
There are a lot I like though so I figured I'd mention these guys as well...
461.png
257.png
453.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was Gardevoir before the furries got a hold of her.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
DryEyeRelief said:
Yay!

Halycon said:
It was Gardevoir before the furries got a hold of her.
I kind of feel the same way about stuff like that. I'd count Glaceon and Froslass as my 3rd and 4th favourites (ice is my favourite type) if it wasn't for the copious rule 34. But I'm just kidding myself, it happens to all of them. scary scary scary

joetachi

10650563_m.png

Onix lacked a bit of im gonna rape you in his look
10359202_m.png

Is there any other pokemon that you evolve and get an awesome pokemon or dont evolve and still have it look awesome
10036575_m.png

the gen 1 beast

Haly

I think Spheal is still exempt from rule 34.

God damn rolly polly seal thing is adorable.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
7squirtle.png

I've been rolling with this badass motherfucker since the first time I opened my pokemon Blue way back when. I've used him in every Gen since. And nothings ever going to change that.

Squirtle 4life.

~capsule

Neo Member
210px-Zekrom.png

Zekrom. Just looks cool and it's also a dragon and electric type.

220px-007Squirtle.png

The first Pokemon I ever used back when I had Red. Still the most badass water starter ever.

El Sloth

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
lol He reminds me of Excalibur from Soul Eater manga.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q247/loveangelmoon/Soul%20Eater/Excalibur.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

Fixed

And that is the joke.

Davey Cakes

Charmander, because it's absolutely adorable but also breathes fire like a dragon. I'm generally a fan of reptiles and amphibians when it comes to the real animal kingdom anyway, so in transitioning to the Pokemon world, choosing Charmander as a favorite was natural. You could say that Squirtle and Bulbasaur are similar though, being a tortoise and a dinosaur, but the dragon-like qualities of Charmander just won me over in the end.

Don't accuse me of jumping on some bandwagon, either. This is Charmander, not Charizard (which became a fan favorite for who knows what reason). Also, I liked this little guy from the very beginning of my exposure to Pokemon in September 1998 with the TV show, and eventually chose it as my first Pokemon in the Red version of the Gameboy game.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Shalashaska161 said:
charmander.png

Look at this guy. He's cute. He's a dinosaur. His tail is on fire. Not only that, he breath's fire whenever he wants. And when he evolves, he becomes even more badass. Charmander is king.

This. Charmander will always be my favorite Pokemon - my first Pokemon game was Red and my first Pokemon chosen was Charmander.

If they remade Pokemon Red for the 3DS then that would probably excite me more than any other possible Pokemon game (I know it's technically remade in Fire Red but that's GBA and I would love a remake on the DS or 3DS).

This guy:
4755937129_a83a6870cb.jpg

Evolved one of my least favorite Gen I designs into my favorite overall.

The main runner-up would probably be Turtwig:

4756575778_bc25ce3439_m.jpg

TurtwigDrums.gif

Though I love many others, like Aipom, Houndoom, Sharpedo, and Scizor.

Haly

I wish there were more pure ice types around with some decent designs.

Jynx can go die in a fire. And Abomasnow, despite having both my favorite types, looks like a fucking retard.

Gravijah

lyre said:
Almost.

3nmki.jpg

And so was I. Ground type, represent!

God, I posted on GameFAQs when that shit happened. Save me!

That reminds me of how badass Swampert is. WATER/GROUND, YEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Top Bottom