• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential Xbox One Day One Edition+Forza 5 outed? [Seemingly Real]

Ding

The US is really getting shafted.
If that's the deal the US ends up getting, then the US "deserves" that deal.

What I mean by that is, if an American has already pre-ordered an XB1 for 499 US dollars, that must mean that they are ready and willing to pay that much for the "bare" console. No one put a gun to their head. They seem happy, or at least perfectly willing, to pay it. Thus, the deal is "fair" in their eyes. And if they think it's fair, it is, in fact, fair. (To them, at least.)

Contrast that to the Europeans. Perhaps they have not been in such a hurry to throw their buck-analogs at Microsoft. Perhaps because they feel that a bare, not particularly powerful console is not, in fact, worth that much to them. (Also, it costs more over there.) It's a personal decision, different for everyone, but perhaps that's the way a bunch of those folks have been leaning.

And so, MS has sweetened the deal. That's how negotiations work. Good on Microsoft. Congrats to you Europeans.

I happen to agree with the folk overseas that the XB1 is not actually worth $499. Therefore, I have not pre-ordered it, and I probably won't ever purchase it at that price. That doesn't make the Americans that have pre-ordered it wrong, or bad, it just means they are more comfortable with the current deal than I am. I do wish they were a bit more stingy with their money, so I could get a better deal, but what can you do? It's their money. You certainly can't blame MS for taking their money. God knows I would.

(I personally believe that the US pre-orders aren't terribly strong either, at least compared to those for the PS4, and thus I fully expect we Yanks to get a pack-in as well. We just gotta wait.)

Megatron

It will be NBA Live

Madden and Fifa will sell them selfs

There's some logic to Madden though. Madden is already out right now, by the time the One comes out, it will be a 3 month old game. Also the NFL season will be in it's 11th weekend out of 17, so that will be winding down as well. Not to say Madden won't sell, of course it will, but it won't sell as well as it would if the One were out now.

Pain

Banned
Those EU pre- orders must be horribly low. On the other hand PS4 supposedly has a record number if pre-orders in the UK. Coincidence or evidence?

Tmecha

Neo Member
Confirmed in AUS and NZ too:) free Fifa 14

in AUS Xbox1 is now better value than PS4

Xbox one + FIFA = $599

PS4 + FIFA = $649

Looking at the official xbox website (in germany) it seems to me that all Xbox One preorders get a Fifa 14 download code

http://www.xbox.com/de-DE/xboxone/reserve

There is no mention of the day one edition beeing the one with fifa. Also the picture shows the green Box with Fifa printed on it, the day one edition box is black as we all know

bac0e243-012a-46a1-a14f-776cdc08d15b.png

anyone knows more about it ? I thought only Day One Edition would get a free Fifa 14

I won't turn down a free game, but I doubt I'll ever play FIFA...if it's ever announced to be bundled with the US console.

I would much rather have Forza.

I miss the days of pack in games with new hardware. Although Nintendo has done well with their wii's; I think nintendomland is pretty awesome. Hope this comes to the US. It would definitely perk up XOne sales.

Although with the release date of the console so close, you would think MS would stop dragging their feet on this announcement.

Top Bottom