• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-order Smash Bros. Wii U at Toys “R” Us, get a free Amiibo

Man this is really tempting since I was already planning to pick up a Samus Amiibo day 1. I was planning digital because I thought I could get a physical copy years later for cheaper.

I thought Smash would last me a long time considering how hard it was to get everything in Brawl. The 3DS version so far feels much easier to get everything. While I appreciate it, as I could never come close to get 100% before, it feels like it'll finish a bit too quick. Though Sakurai did say the Wii U one would be harder and have more modes. It's funny I've just talked myself out of it by writing this post.

atr0cious

This is completely ruining my plan to go digital. Already paid for the eShop credit too. Guess I'll save that for Captain Toad.

Boogiepop

Dang, online only? And no in store pick-up or anything? I'm mostly concerned about missing out on the Club Nintendo CD because of this, since I'm worried those won't last long and I'd have to wait for shipping with this. But I kind of wanted to pick up a Marth amiibo anyway... bleh!

Neo Dark

Dang, online only? And no in store pick-up or anything? I'm mostly concerned about missing out on the Club Nintendo CD because of this, since I'm worried those won't last long and I'd have to wait for shipping with this. But I kind of wanted to pick up a Marth amiibo anyway... bleh!

Oh. Totally forgot about that and yea I would be afraid too. If I recall the OOT CD was a limited first come first served offer too but since the site was overwhelmed that they instead made it a guarantee for those that registered on the first few days and make the rest first come first served instead.

Pyrokai

Oh. Totally forgot about that and yea I would be afraid too. If I recall the OOT CD was a limited first come first served offer too but since the site was overwhelmed that they instead made it a guarantee for those that registered on the first few days and make the rest first come first served instead.

Their website says that if you register both Smash games, you get the CD. Is there a cut off date I'm missing?

The CD offer's deadline is Jan 13th and the CDs won't be shipping until two months later.

I don't think you guys have to worry about them running out of something that likely won't even start production until after the deadline.

Neo Dark

The CD offer's deadline is Jan 13th and the CDs won't be shipping until two months later.

I don't think you guys have to worry about them running out of something that likely won't even start production until after the deadline.

Hmm.. interesting. They usually do a limited supply offer but I guess this time they're relaxing the supply constraints so it's not as bad. Thanks for pointing it out.

Top Bottom