• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-order Smash Bros. Wii U at Toys “R” Us, get a free Amiibo

maxcriden

United States retailer Toys R Us is currently offering a free amiibo figure with the purchase of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. The special promotion is only valid online and while supplies last, and it cannot be combined with other orders. Here’s how it works.

The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game and one amiibo figure must be added to the online cart individually. During the checkout process, the price of the amiibo figure will be reduced to $0.00. It’s a free amiibo, amigo! Each amiibo has a suggested retail price of $12.99 — although prices may vary between retailers — so this is a terrific way to take advantage of a great deal. In addition to this offer, free shipping is included.

Source: http://nintendonews.com/2014/10/free-amiibo-super-smash-bros-wii-u/

Main deal page: http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...2.2255974.50206826.46870966&parentPage=family

Deal also appears to be here: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41442366

Azure J

FUUUUUCK.

I have a 80 dollar preorder on Smash+GCN controller and adapter at Gamestop already. Does this deal stack with that?

Preorders deals for a game that STILL doesn't have a release date?

Sheeeesh! Nintendo is really waiting till the last minute to announce the date, aren't they?

maxcriden

They don't do midnight releases for certain games do they? I'd change my pre-order if they did.

It's an online-only deal.

Preorders deals for a game that STILL doesn't have a release date?

Sheeeesh! Nintendo is really waiting till the last minute to announce the date, aren't they?

The game's real date was announced, unless this is an inside joke I don't know about.

Neo Dark

Cool, but I dunno they're only $12.99 and after shipping and stuff... well I'd rather just walk into a store and buy.
Shipping is free for orders over 45 dollars or something so it should be free. The only thing that's making me decide if I should jump on this order is I want to play it day one. Has anyone had experience with toys r us and if they ship early so you get it on time

maxcriden

Is there in-store pickup? I wanna do this but no way am I waiting for these to be shipped to me.

I'm not sure. You'd have to look a bit more into it, or contact their online customer service. Online-only would make me think it's unlikely, but I guess it's possible.

Chanser

Europe has something similar, but you only get Mario amiibo.

91za961unDL.jpg

Nice deal Toys r us.

Well OK looks like I just owned myself.

Once again it seems like I'm out of the loop about everything.

This game went so many months without having a release date and I was following the news so intently for a date announcement. Then it finally gets one right under my nose. Go figure!

Well anyway, this is a cool deal, but as the guy above said I'm still going for Gamer's Club Unlocked since its the better deal. Unless of course, TRU has a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" deal running when this game releases. I doubt it though. Too late.

Neo Dark

Isn't that rumor specifically about GameStop though. Also it said that every copy of Smash Bros will come with it which isn't the case. Only one place is offering this as far as we know and it's an online special only.

Europe has something similar, but you only get Mario amiibo.
That is RRP £60 when the game is RRP £50 and the Game and Adpater (no controller bundle for Europe) is RRP £55. Basically you would be a fool to buy the Mario Amiibo bundle (the Adapter is £18 on its own, which is more than an Amiibo). Finally, it is Mario only.

Cuburt

I've gone all digital but this is pretty much the only deal that might get me to break the streak since amiibos actually have some significant in-game usage (for multiple games) but I'm not sure I want to buy one. Even most pre-order DLC doesn't do enough for me to pre-order these days.

Anyone know if it is possible to buy digital from Toys R Us and if so, if it's still possible to take advantage of this Toys R Us deal? Of does anyone know of a similar digital deal?

Top Bottom