• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predators |OT| STILL AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

avk9l2.jpg

I'd like to thank DanielPlainview and his Inception |OT] for inspiring me to make this thread - and giving me a good template to work from. Guess Rottenwatch threads are going out of style. Stick around.​

1z22ba0.jpg
A motley assortment of killers and, ahem, "badasses" are snatched from the surface of the Earth and dropped into an alien rainforest. It soon dawns on them that they're on some kind of safari planet - and they're the prey. In what many are - perhaps optimistically - claiming as "the true sequel to Predator" after Danny Glover's rumble in the concrete jungle and a couple of critically panned star-crossed crossovers, producer Robert Rodriguez and director Nimród Antal have set out to do with Predator what James Cameron did with Alien. Speaking of Mr. Cameron, the safari planet setting of Predators is not a million miles away from Pandora (albeit less neon); with many dangerous creatures populating the planet alongside the humans - including (but not limited to) carnivorous plants, pred-hounds, new "beserker" predators and the classic predator him(?)self. If there's ever going to be a true sequel to the 1987 classic, this'll likely be it.​

11mgw8x.jpg

Courteously provided by EMPIRE Magazine.

ADRIEN BRODY || ROYCE
Background: Expert Mercenary
Weapons of Choice: AA-12 Shotgun, Machete

DANNY TREJO || CUCHILLO
Background: Drug Cartel Enforcer
Weapons of Choice: Twin Uzis, Butter Knife

OLEG TAKTAROV || NIKOLAI
Background: Russian Special Forces
Weapon of Choice: Six-barelled GE M134 Minigun

ALICE BRAGA || ISABELLE
Background: Ex-Israeli Army Sniper
Weapon of Choice: Blaser R93 LRS2 Precision Sniper Rifle

LOUIS OZAWA CHANGCHIEN || HANZO
Background: Yakuza Assassin
Weapons of Choice: Beretta 92FS, Katana (good luck with that)

WALTON GOGGINS || STANS
Background: Convicted Serial Killer
Weapon of Choice: Prison Shiv

MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ ALI || MOMBASA
Background: Sierra Leone Death Squad Member
Weapon of Choice: AKS-47 Assault Rifle

TOPHER GRACE || EDWIN
Background: Surgeon (Apparently)
Weapon of Choice: Scalpel

LAURENCE FISHBURNE || NOLAND
Background: That would be telling!
Weapon of Choice: I dunno. Laser Cannon?​

ou1d1j.jpg

xpsbb4.jpg

ws0c4l.jpg

p1bs95.gif

Solo

WaltON Goggins, my man. Walton. Get it right or else what happens to you will be...justified.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I'm on board only because of Rodriguez.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I'm enjoying these types of OP's. Great work OP.

glaurung

This movie will stink to high heavens.

Brody and Fishburne don't help.

*hughs his original Predator blu-ray...

Apoc29

Adrien Brody's weapon is a machete, and Danny Trejo's weapon is a butter knife? The ironing is delicious.

Excited as hell to see this. I skipped the Aliens VS Predator shit and am glad I did.

If Robert Rodriguez is involved, it's hard for me not to be excited.

otake said:
I'm on board only because of Rodriguez.

Same as me. The original Predators is a classic and each new movie has only tarnished the name. If anyone can make it awesome again Rodriguez can.

Insertia

Robert Rodriguez , Adrien Brody, & Laurence Fishburne?

This movie could be really good. I'll follow it closely.

Hopefully they studied Aliens vs. Predators 1&2 to see wtf they should avoid.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The marketing team seriously needs to get their butt in gear. Just about a month until release and I haven't seen even one commercial.

jett

D-Member
:lol I approve of this OT surge for movies. Film-GAF is getting quite big.

Regarding the movie:

x-files-believe1.jpg

Kurtofan

Mr. Sam said:
Sorry, I just had to point out how long it took me to type out this name. About twenty seconds. Doesn't sound like much, but still.
He played in the 4400 if anyone remembers that show.

yacobod

Banned
this movie is going to suck bad, it doesnt have 1/10 of the testosterone of the original cast

prime arnie, carl "apollo creed/action jackson" weathers, jesse "the body" ventura, sonny landham, shane black, and bill duke >>>>>

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
GO SHANE!

I'm going to see this movie simply to sit in the theater and root for Walton Goggins.

yacobod said:
this movie is going to suck bad, it doesnt have 1/10 of the testosterone of the original cast

prime arnie, carl "apollo creed/action jackson" weathers, jesse "the body" ventura, sonny landham, shane black, and bill duke >>>>>

Rodriguez himself said this, and it's why this isn't a remake like originally intended because he admitted it could never match up to the original.

As he noted, they are trying something different this time around.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Just wanted to say that all the Rodriguez bullshit is getting annoying.

This is being directed by some creature straight outta Star Trek, from a race called Nimród Antal, responsible for good flicks like Vacancy and Armored.

If you've seen those movies, you know that they are known for some solid flicks.

Mr. Sam

WrikaWrek said:

This is being directed by some creature straight outta Star Trek, from a race called Nimród Antal, responsible for good flicks like Vacancy and Armored.

If you've seen those movies, you know that they are known for some solid flicks.
Serious? Never saw any of his films.

Munin

WrikaWrek said:

Don't be such an ignorant prick.

Antal is yet another promising foreign director who got Hollywood's attention with a strong debut that made international waves (Kontroll), then lured into Hollywood and presumably creatively ass-raped by execs on every subsequent movie he directed there so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom