• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| PRESS X TO SEAN

Who won the debate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
I love that Hillary was so certain Trump would be sexist that she set up this whole thing with Ms. Universe beforehand.

I'm of the theory that she has a case like this planned for every debate. Trump was completely unprepared for this surprise, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has examples from his past ready to drop onto him in each debate.

digdug2k

Rewatching the trade part is kinda cringy for a Hillary fan. She actually got drawn into his stupidity for a bit there. I really don't understand how she wasn't better prepared for it either.

BradC00

just saw what guiliani said about Hillary not being smart enough to be president because of bill banging Lewinsky...this guy has Alzheimers or something.

aaaaa0

How the hell can a presidential nominee get away with bragging about not paying any income tax? America's tax system is so fucked.

Technically, if you're a shitty enough business person, you lose money that year and therefore have no income to tax. That's totally fair, but puts into question just how smart and successful you really are.

The problem comes when you have someone that actually did make money, but through a variety of legal loopholes manages to make it look like they had no income. This is apparently not hard to do if your primary business is real estate.

Or someone that made money but used illegal methods to conceal that income.

The question is, which of those three is Trump.

kevin1025

Banned
just saw what guiliani said about Hillary not being smart enough to be president because of bill banging Lewinsky...this guy has Alzheimers or something.

He was being physically held up when he walked into the NBC Presidential forum a couple of weeks back. To use Trump's words, "something is going on."

There was a picture but I can't find it!

thuway

How's post debate coverage been with the punditts - IE Maddow, HANNITY :)D), and the ilk? Any thing worth tuning in for? I've been listening to the Hannity podcast, and you can literally feel him tearing his dignity through the microphone.

How's post debate coverage been with the punditts - IE Maddow, HANNITY :)D), and the ilk? Any thing worth tuning in for? I've been listening to the Hannity podcast, and you can literally feel him tearing his dignity through the microphone.

Rachel did a bit tonight on the sheer horror of Trump's unpreparedness for the question about nuclear weapons that was pretty solid.

Supast4r

Guys............... If Hillary doesn't knock these debates out of the park... I really think Trump is going to win. She absolutely crushed last night but somehow the small amount of people out there that don't see him for what he is (not including his supporters) are seriously being influenced by the lies the GOP has been pushing.

I think the lies are going to win. I think Trump will be the next president :( :( :( :( :( :(
Every person who says trump will win NEVER backs it up via electoral college. Just looking at that and how many swig states he has to win will tell you the outcome.

I love that Hillary was so certain Trump would be sexist that she set up this whole thing with Ms. Universe beforehand.

Sure, it made the whole thing feel more scripted or overly-prepared, but it was essentially this.
1197613.gif

effzee

Probably mentioned many times but this election is straight out of the Simpsons. You know the episode where Homer runs for city office.

rjinaz

hD2xT0w.png

There has to be some cosmic significance that Hillary was the guest on the very episode the Rosie O'Donnell controversy started.

The universe tried to warn us all of our future, we just didn't pay attention to the signs.

Seriously though, mad respect for Rosie in calling out Trump for being a turd long before it was the cool (right) thing to do.

bachikarn

It blows my mind that Trump has somehow set himself up to be the candidate for the working man. He is the stereotypical rich asshole that exploits them. I suppose he doesn't act like a normal rich asshole, and that's what it boils down to?

It blows my mind that Trump has somehow set himself up to be the candidate for the working man. He is the stereotypical rich asshole that exploits them. I suppose he doesn't act like a normal rich asshole, and that's what it boils down to?

He talks and acts like a third grader. That's literally his entire appeal to the uneducated voter.

I know a lot of people are like "it's so frightening how many he fools!", but I think it's obvious once you realize the deplorable state of public schools and education in general in the US. Republicans have fostered this kind of uneducated voter for decades, so of course they're gonna take the bait.

rjinaz

They know what Donald Trump is. They know he doesn't represent the working man. They are voting for him because idol worship, they wish they were him and hope to someday be him. They also know he would have real power to do the kinds of things Trump has said he would do like kick out all undocumented immigrants. They also think that he's so rich and powerful he's somehow above the politics of it all. You could argue that they somehow think this "untouchable" aspect is going to touch their lives personally.

But no, I don't believe that many could actually think Donald Trump is for the working man. They like that he is a wealthy dick.

Toxi

Banned
It's troubling how the media keeps talking about "the working man" when what they really mean is "the white working man".

Piggus

His base of supporters love him because they're racist, homophobic cockstains who gobble up all of his rhetoric on minorities. These cowards have no interest in actual policy details or the fact that they'd be economically hurt by Trump's proposals. They're simply afraid of literally everything that isn't white n' dumb like they are, so Trump plays right into that.

HeelPower

He's being billed as the candidate of change or anti-establishment.

Which is astonishing to me...He made billions in the system,he thrives on it.He's a perfect example of someone who is part of the establishment.

Let us keep commentary on Trump's youngest son out of this, other than mentioning the candidate's quotes about cyber-security. While the older children are a working part of the campaign, Barron is not.

Thank you.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I'm watching now and haven't yet finished, but one thing that jumped out at me: he's proud to not pay his taxes because that makes him smart, yet he was calling out countries within the NATO alliance who do not pay their share (allegedly). What a fucking hypocrite.

.... does that mean he is going to be crazier during the next debate? :O

It probably just means that when he gets on the defensive he'll bring up Bill Clinton's affairs.

I'm watching now and haven't yet finished, but one thing that jumped out at me: he's proud to not pay his taxes because that makes him smart, yet he was calling out countries within the NATO alliance who do not pay their share (allegedly). What a fucking hypocrite.

"Our airports are Third World, embarrassing!"
"I don't pay taxes."

All in one sitting. What a putz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom