• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| PRESS X TO SEAN

Who won the debate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a bunch of TRUMP WON ads last night.

LOL. This guy.

It probably just means that when he gets on the defensive he'll bring up Bill Clinton's affairs.

If the "Miss Piggy" part was a surgical strike, I shudder to think what Hillary has planned for when he eventually brings that up in front of her.

You just know they have been waiting patiently for him to go there.

Stasis

His base of supporters love him because they're racist, homophobic cockstains who gobble up all of his rhetoric on minorities. These cowards have no interest in actual policy details or the fact that they'd be economically hurt by Trump's proposals. They're simply afraid of literally everything that isn't white n' dumb like they are, so Trump plays right into that.

This is pretty much all I'm seeing when I look at Trump supporters.

I think it's disastrous these people have an influence over who gets elected to the most powerful position (currently) in the world. That will affect (ruin) not only the US itself but other closely linked countries as well.

I'm saying it. Fuck these people. Take the north east, west coast and whatever else... merge with Canada, stay allied in trade with Mexico and friendly with a lot of other countries. Let the rest have Trump and fuck up. Build walls if we need to. And when they cry to come back since everything is a mess? Nah. Wait a generation. The kids don't deserve to suffer but they sure as fuck do.

keuja

The more Trump talks or try to "embarass" Clinton, the better since it further exposes him as the crazy senile racist old little man that he is.

Jobbs

Banned
I saw a thing highlighting Fox News' coverage of the debate and many people (such as the idiots on their morning show) are saying it's a clear win for Trump and that he clearly demonstrated presidential temperment

what debate were they watching

BSsBrolly

Banned
I saw a thing highlighting Fox News' coverage of the debate and many people (such as the idiots on their morning show) are saying it's a clear win for Trump and that he clearly demonstrated presidential temperment

It's Fox.

bionic77

Fox is straight up propaganda.

If the "Miss Piggy" part was a surgical strike, I shudder to think what Hillary has planned for when he eventually brings that up in front of her.

You just know they have been waiting patiently for him to go there.

His campaign now understands how outclassed they are, if they didn't before. There's likely a number of these cards waiting to be played that Trump could walk into at any time. The Trump campaign could now try to do this themselves, but Trump isn't smart enough or good enough at debating to know when there's an opportunity right in front of his face. He missed 3 or 4 easy ones that would have swung the debate in his favor, he didn't even notice them.

BSsBrolly

Banned
His campaign now understands how outclassed they are, if they didn't before. There's likely a number of these cards waiting to be played that Trump could walk into at any time. The Trump campaign could now try to do this themselves, but Trump isn't smart enough or good enough at debating to know when there's an opportunity right in front of his face. He missed 3 or 4 easy ones that would have swung the debate in his favor, he didn't even notice them.

He totally missed a few. I wondered if Hillary laid them out there on purpose though (meaning she had answers for them)? I hope that's the case.

DeviantBoi

That's bad.

But what's worse is that when he loses, it'll just confirm what Trump has been saying, that it was rigged.

So election fraud will be Hillary's birtherism.

rjinaz

A debate with Killary in it. Seriously, anybody standing next to the killer of Ben Ghazi, the founder of ISIS, and the starter of the birther movement would look good just standing next to her.

Yes there are people that believe this.

He totally missed a few. I wondered if Hillary laid them out there on purpose though (meaning she had answers for them)? I hope that's the case.

She was probably sweating bullets that he would capitalize, but when she realized he wasn't going to, she was home free.

To clarify, it's not just that Trump isn't smart enough for this, the real problem for him is that he can't keep his composure. He gets flustered and can't think ahead, while Clinton knows to remain calm and can stay focused even when her opponent is freaking out and making a scene.

zethren

Banned

There's a reason Trump melted down and started repeating "call Sean Hannity, why hasn't anyone called Sean Hannity???!!". They, and specifically Hannity, have been his only real media support/propaganda machine.

But nobody else in the media actually takes them seriously, because they shouldn't be taken seriously, but Trump doesn't understand that so voila.

This is pretty much all I'm seeing when I look at Trump supporters.

I think it's disastrous these people have an influence over who gets elected to the most powerful position (currently) in the world. That will affect (ruin) not only the US itself but other closely linked countries as well.

I'm saying it. Fuck these people. Take the north east, west coast and whatever else... merge with Canada, stay allied in trade with Mexico and friendly with a lot of other countries. Let the rest have Trump and fuck up. Build walls if we need to. And when they cry to come back since everything is a mess? Nah. Wait a generation. The kids don't deserve to suffer but they sure as fuck do.

That's democracy, unfortunately. You can't choose who gets to vote just because their opinions are crazy pants on head nonsense.

What we do need (and we saw this recently here in the UK with Brexit) is some form of guarantee that politicians cannot spew lies without consequence. Maybe there needs to be a platform (their own website, perhaps?) where there's a prominent section where they have to redact all false claims, incorrect information and lies. I realise with Trump that would probably be half his whole site, but I feel like they need to be called up on these things.

rjinaz

There's a reason Trump melted down and started repeating "call Sean Hannity, why hasn't anyone called Sean Hannity???!!". They, and specifically Hannity, have been his only real media support/propaganda machine.

But nobody else in the media actually takes them seriously, because they shouldn't be taken seriously, but Trump doesn't understand that so voila.

Seriously that was one of the most pathetic things I have seen from Trump. He looked like a lost child in a mall calling out for his mommy. SEAN! SEAN! Help me.

RaidenZR

That's bad.

But what's worse is that when he loses, it'll just confirm what Trump has been saying, that it was rigged.

Agree 100%. There's no way Trump goes quietly into the night unless he loses by a devastating and inarguable amount. He's gonna be bitching about this for a decade. This is just the beginning, if the next two debates transpire in a similar fashion, there's no doubt he'll complain about treatment, equipment, topics, and moderators in each one.

CassSept

In my country we had the entire circus of minority party claiming all the elections were rigged and called for changes in the system for years, up until they finally managed to win obviously.

Given how similar all worldwide trends on this are you can bet GOP will run with it until they win presidential elections.

DrArchon

Agree 100%. There's no way Trump goes quietly into the night unless he loses by a devastating and inarguable amount. He's gonna be bitching about this for a decade. This is just the beginning, if the next two debates transpire in a similar fashion, there's no doubt he'll complain about treatment, equipment, topics, and moderators in each one.

Even if Trump loses by an absurd amount, he'll still call fraud. He'll say "Look at these poll numbers (all of which conveniently come from internet polls)! There's no way I should've lost like that! It's obviously rigged!" The only way Trump doesn't call the election rigged is if he wins.

Fliesen

You can bet your ass that the US electoral college system will be brought into question by FOX if it fits the narrative. (As opposed to Bush v Gore in 2000)

Then you just don't pay the bastards! HEYOOOOOOO!

Thaedolus

Gold Member
All Hillary would have to say is "you know Donald, I find it very ironic a verified adulterer would bring up someone else's indescretions in an attempt to publicly embarrass them."

Then move on.

CBfMuDK.png
Betty White is incredible. She's completely timeless and remains relevant decades after a sitcom that was to celebrate her golden twilight years.

I've never understood why Republicans are forever obsessed with Bill Clinton's affairs. Don't they realize that they only made him more popular. It's been a losing issue for them for 2 decades and they still have a single-minded obsession over it.

Look:
wb0rutqog0acctlgfgnuva.gif

As soon as the impeachment hearings began, Bill hit the 70s.

It's also dumb to focus on in this election because half the reason downtrodden, uneducated white men like men is because Trump somehow appears to have some kind of alpha male machismo, despite being a tiny-handed crybaby. By attacking Bill, who isn't even on stage, for his virility, Trump only transfers his supposed alpha male quality onto the Big Dog. It's idiotic.

I can't wait for Trump to bring it up. The backfire will be catastrophic.

Servbot24

Banned
That's bad.

I'm hoping that when he loses everyone can stop pretending that he's anywhere near eligible and we can laugh off his claims like we should have been doing all along.

I'm hoping that when he loses everyone can stop pretending that he's anywhere near eligible and he can laugh off his claims like he should have been doing all along.

It's not enough for me to have him lose. I want to see him in jail for tax evasion, contract fraud, inciting violence and whatever else they can stick on him.

Zeeman

Wait, what if it really is Betty White and she just made it a parody twitter account to maintain plausible deniability? Wake up sheeple!

bionic77

I was watching Running Man and I changed my mind and am now convinced that Trump is going to win and he is going to replace democracy with a reality tv police state (which was predicted in running man). Running Man also got the year exactly right...

4950880662_887a381eb0_b.jpg

One one hand, we are totally fucked.

On the other hand, we will be distracted from this by highest stakes reality tv shows of all time.

I was watching Running Man and I changed my mind and am now convinced that Trump is going to win and he is going to replace democracy with a reality tv police state (which was predicted in running man). Running Man also got the year exactly right...

4950880662_887a381eb0_b.jpg

One one hand, we are totally fucked.

On the other hand, we will be distracted from this by highest stakes reality tv shows of all time.

Hell yeah. I just watched this like a couple months ago. Sub Zero was badass.

xandaca

Really? The best he can do now is say he held back by not mentioning Bill Clinton's affairs? Aside from the total meaninglessness of Bill's misdemeanors, it's abysmal that's the only thing Trump and his team can come up with against her. He could've wrecked her by countering Alicia Machado with Kathy Shelton. He could go much deeper into her sometimes dangerously bad judgment re: foreign interventions, Benghazi, black lives issues, Clinton foundation donors and speaking fees, emails and deletions, 'sniper fire' lies, Whitewater, opportunist opinion changes, support for cracking (though he prob supports this too), the sheer volume of scandals which have been everpresent throughout her career, yet all he can say is... Bill's a shitty husband? Jesus.

No part of me wants Trump to come anywhere close to victory, despite the egregious alternative, but I certainly wouldn't complain if he did some effing research and made her at least face up to, in public debate, the vile and hypocritical shit she's got away with over the decades. She's going to get to the White House regardless, but deserves to go through hell getting there.

Zeeman

Really? The best he can do now is say he held back by not mentioning Bill Clinton's affairs? Aside from the total meaninglessness of Bill's misdemeanors, it's abysmal that's the only thing Trump and his team can come up with against her. He could've wrecked her by countering Alicia Machado with Kathy Shelton. He could go much deeper into her sometimes dangerously bad judgment re: foreign interventions, Benghazi, black lives issues, Clinton foundation donors and speaking fees, emails and deletions, 'sniper fire' lies, Whitewater, opportunist opinion changes, support for cracking (though he prob supports this too), the sheer volume of scandals which have been everpresent throughout her career, yet all he can say is... Bill's a shitty husband? Jesus.

No part of me wants Trump to come anywhere close to victory, despite the egregious alternative, but I certainly wouldn't complain if he did some effing research and made her at least face up to, in public debate, the vile and hypocritical shit she's got away with over the decades. She's going to get to the White House regardless, but deserves to go through hell getting there.

I actually had to look up Kathy Shelton, but this is what you think he should have hung his hat on? http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

His base of supporters love him because they're racist, homophobic cockstains who gobble up all of his rhetoric on minorities. These cowards have no interest in actual policy details or the fact that they'd be economically hurt by Trump's proposals. They're simply afraid of literally everything that isn't white n' dumb like they are, so Trump plays right into that.

I was listening to right wing talk radio on the way into work today and they had some economics guy on saying that Clintons plan would be a continued slog and Trumps plan and tax proposal would raise demand and create jobs. They all think he's better for them on jobs too.

Exile20

Garlador

Chelsea Clinton sounded off on Trump's "I didn't bring up Bill's infidelities because Chelsea was there" brag.

"Candidly, I don't remember a time in my life when my parents and my family weren't being attacked, and so it just sort of seems to be in that tradition, unfortunately. And what I find most troubling by far are ... Trump's continued, relentless attacks on whole swaths of our country and even our global community: women, Muslims, Americans with disabilities, a Gold Star family. I mean, that, to me, is far more troubling than whatever his most recent screed against my mom or my family [is]."

... She's a wise young woman.

Boney

Banned
Just saw a video of a North Carolina Trump Rally, in which boiled to three points for the constituency.

1) They like his foreign policy. No inmigrants because they are here to impact our quality of life for the worse.

2) There's no black people because they are either misinformed or are freeloaders that won't work for themselves. Also Michelle Obama is a guy (???)

3) Obama is finally out and if Hillary gets elected the country is done for and the communists will take over

How has such level of ignorance crept in such a large region for the most developed country on earth. Deep seeded racism and state government dumbing down the population are just too strong for the federal government to do anything about it. It's insane that you could basically cut America in half and have 2 absolutely opposite countries to this day. How in hell is this going to start moving in the right direction.

He went back to sports and had a podcast I think. He also voices a character in Bojack Horseman lol
Oh shit he's totally the whale news anchor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom