• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reactions to Wonder Woman

So, about a week ago or so ago, WB held press screenings for Wonder Woman. While the full review embargo is still up until late May, the social media embargo has been lifted. Press who saw the movie are free to share their early thoughts/reactions.

And they have:

Germain Lussier, iO9

Wonder Woman is the DC movie I've been waiting for. It's exciting, inspiring, funny, and has some truly awe-inspiring action scenes.

There are certainly some issues, like a mismatched 3rd act, but I'll discuss that in a longer review. Overall though, Wonder Woman rules.

Eric Eisenberg, CinemaBlend

#WonderWoman is the best DCEU film so far. The heart of Gal Gadot's Diana powers it, and the shift from mythic into WWI story really works.

Mike Ryan, FilmDrunk/Uproxx

Loved WONDER WOMAN. She reminds me of Christopher Reeve's Superman: true north superhero w/ no angst or cynicism, which is needed right now.

Kate Erbland, IndieWire

WONDER WOMAN: Easily my favorite DCEU film. Has the humor and heart the franchise so desperately needs. Gadot and Pine are charming as hell.

Steve Weintraub, Collider

Happy to report 'Wonder Woman' is a blast and @GalGadot is fantastic. Her chemistry with Chris Pine is magnetic. Absolutely recommended.

Best part of ‘Wonder Woman’ is the film has really funny parts and an optimistic and heroic protagonist. Great step forward for DC Films.

Jim Vejvoda, IGN (not reviewing, but did provide a reaction)

I'm now allowed to reveal I enjoyed Wonder Woman! It's really good. Has the heart & humanity DCEU needed. I'm not reviewing it FYI

Adam B. Vary, BuzzFeed

Happy — no, RELIEVED — to report that #WonderWoman is truly good. Funny, stirring, kick-ass, romantic. A solid, entertaining superhero film.

Anna Klassen, Bustle

The embargo has officially lifted, so here it goes: WONDER WOMAN is, against all odds, pretty damn wondrous.

WONDER WOMAN is not of the Snyder/Ayer variety. It is @PattyJenks thoughtful, enjoyable, & extremely watchable passion project.

Of course the first worthwhile movie from the DCEU stars and is directed by a woman. You paying attention, Hollywood?

#WonderWoman is the 1st film in the DCEU whose fight sequences don't feel entirely CGI/video game-esque, & that alone is huge accomplishment

Was not convinced Gadot could pull it off with her cameo in BATMAN V SUPERMAN, but she fucking nails it in WONDER WOMAN

Alisha Grasso, BirthMoviesDeath, MoviePilot

1. Hokay, here we go. #WonderWoman social media embargo just lifted. My thoughts: DC is absolutely on the right track here.

2. Gal Gadot is absolutely phenomenal as #WonderWoman. She KILLS it, just surprisingly good. A truly heroic light DCEU desperately needs.

3. Rough parts? Sure. But guys, guys, YOU GUYS! You'll truly LAUGH. And you'll walk out, for once, feeling downright inspired by a DC movie.

Will update with more, etc.

EDIT: If you don't wanna wait on me to update, someone with quicker hands than I is compiling reactions on BatmanNews

Xero

I really hope this reviews well, I havent hated the other dc movies like most, but admit they have issues. As a big dc fan I hope this one nails it.

Ahasverus

These are good news, but super hero writers really need to learn to write a different type of third act other than fight against big bad.

ryan299

Mayimbe calling it the best DCEU film.
#WonderWoman is hands down the best DCEU Film to date! Film is SO GOOD. I absolutely loved it! Bravo @PattyJenks @GalGadot @GeoffJohns 👏🏽⚔️

Frosty@ Collider
Happy to report 'Wonder Woman' is a blast and @GalGadot is fantastic. Her chemistry with Chris Pine is magnetic. Absolutely recommended.

Best part of ‘Wonder Woman' is the film has really funny parts and an optimistic and heroic protagonist. Great step forward for DC Films.

@ErikDavis
WONDER WOMAN is great. My favorite of the recent DC movies. It's fierce, funny, well-written and badass. @GalGadot owns it. Her lasso FTW

Shoeless

I hope this is true. I'd really love for this move to be good. And to finally have a good female super hero that girls can watch in the theater and look up to... this would be amazing.

Prompto

Banned
tumblr_mreczsWyFw1r8nxtno1_400.gif

Montresor

Damn if only it wasn't for Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. would have had a series of consecutive hits on their hands.

Man of Steel: Awesome
Batman v Superman: Awesome
Suicide Squad: Really Bad
Wonder Woman: apparently also Awesome

Speevy

Banned
You have to to train her harder on Rotten Tomatoes.

35%! 45%!

She must never know she is in the DC universe.

Slaythe

"Best DCEU film yet".

Y-Yeah.. Please be excited.

Now to be fair, the films have only gotten worse as it went on, so if this is as good as Man of Steel, maybe the next one will be decent.

LotusHD

Banned
Need the reviews.

Damn if only it wasn't for Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. would have had a series of consecutive hits on their hands.

Man of Steel: Awesome
Batman v Superman: Awesome
Suicide Squad: Really Bad
Wonder Woman: apparently also Awesome

Disregarding Wonder Woman potentially being good, MoS is the only decent one though...

norm9

I'm not a fan of Chris Pines face, but I'm excited about wonder woman. Some good ass kicking based on the trailers.

Cuburt

I expect to read lots of "Just like Donner's Superman!" but the commercials don't convince me that is anything more than a marketing line to justify a lighter tone by comparing it to another beloved DC superhero film, as if that is the only way to convince DC fans they aren't selling out by Marvel-izing their films and making them have more humor.

Hope its true. DC needs a hit, also GAF needs a crow thread

I wont make it though since I'm not petty! Besides it's not really crow if it's based off a pattern of past failures so it woudln't even make sense to make a thread like that. That's a dumb idea

Top Bottom