• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reactions to Wonder Woman

Not

Banned
OK so I missed the positive buzz and had resigned to this being another DCEU trainwreck

So I just went from 3% to 105% hype

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/23/wonder-woman-most-anticipated-summer-movie-fandango/

The superhero movie starring Gal Gadot as the iconic Amazon warrior was voted this summer’s most anticipated blockbuster in a Fandango survey.

More than 10,000 people participated in the survey — the largest in the company’s 17-year history — and were asked to pick the one movie they were most looking forward to seeing on the big screen between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Wonder Woman took the top spot, followed by the wall-crawling reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming and the swashbuckler Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

According to a separate Fandango survey of Wonder Woman fans, 92 percent said they were excited to see a standalone female superhero movie, and 87 percent wished Hollywood would make more such movies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wonder Woman will have a better rotten tomato score than Pirates 5 guaranteed.

Hoping it has a better box office tally too! The Gal Gadot haters will be eating crow very soon. She's a good actress and very beautiful.

😸

I really hope so.

No reason both MCU and DCEU cannot succeed at the same time.

Plus, have we ever gotten a good female superhero movie? I'm drawing a blank.

Mariolee

They may have finally done it you guys.

rCpAy9U.png

The Kree

Banned
Campea enjoyed Suicide Squad, BvS, he liked Eisenberg as Lex, and Leto as Joker. I'm not saying that's a strike against this movie necessarily, but I'm not looking to him for any kind of signs about this movie's quality.

shira

A true blue MCU or DCCU comic super hero movie no. Catwoman and Elektra were awful.

Hit-Girl in Kickass
Hanna in Hanna
Leeloo in 5th Element

Would be my favorite female leads in scifi/action movies.

Ashhong

Campea enjoyed Suicide Squad, BvS, he liked Eisenberg as Lex, and Leto as Joker. I'm not saying that's a strike against this movie necessarily, but I'm not looking to him for any kind of signs about this movie's quality.

But he's also been hating on Gal and WW since she was announced

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
A true blue MCU or DCCU comic super hero movie no. Catwoman and Elektra were awful.

Hit-Girl in Kickass
Hanna in Hanna
Leeloo in 5th Element

Would be my favorite female leads in scifi/action movies.

How could you leave out Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road or Rey in Force Awakens???

Wanderer5

I really hope so.

No reason both MCU and DCEU cannot succeed at the same time.

As far as mainstream or such goes, not really. There was a Wonder Woman animated film back in 2009 that was good through.

As far as mainstream or such goes, not really. The Wonder Woman animated film a little while back was fine through.

I have no clue how that animated movie sold, but it's unfortunate they never made a sequel. Although technically it is one more than Flash and Aquaman. The DC animated movies, much like other avenues, are Batman with the occasional Justice League and Superman.

Justice League will do well for sure.

Aquaman though? LOL he's a nobody to the public. I just don't see his movie being a hit.

Just a reminder that things like this have been said before about things that ended up successful. I don't think something has to be that meaningful to the public, in fact something new like Guardians can stir excitement and there's also marketing.

Since when does popularity matter that much. CBM? People will watch it. Seen JL? Good job, Seaman, will watch your movie. Good marketing, well received? Hello $$$$$$$$.

Popularity doesn't automatically equal money or no money.

Anyone else went to the free screening tonight? I just got back. They gave a little rundown of the embargo and everything before starting the film, and said we could post impressions online, just no full reviews.

I really enjoyed it. I thought Gadot and Pine carried the film just fine. There were enough moments of levity to keep the thing from being a wholly bleak affair, but they definitely didn't shy away from showing how shitty WW1 was (in a PG-13 way anyway). I liked Wonder Woman as a character also -- she shows much more empathy than any other character I've seen in the DC universe so far.

Action was awesome for the most part. The final fight was a bit meh, but that's pretty much par for the course with superhero movies so far in my opinion.

*Full Disclosure* - I have worked on a Warner Bros. film before, and am currently working for something with Warner Horizon Television, but nothing to do with their DC stuff, and nothing to do with publicity.

*edit* While walking in the theater, we noticed a bunch of small girls wearing WW swag and homemade tiaras, etc, and they were fucking pumped. It was goddamn heartwarming to see young girls geeking out just like the boys.

Anyone else went to the free screening tonight? I just got back. They gave a little rundown of the embargo and everything before starting the film, and said we could post impressions online, just no full reviews.

I really enjoyed it. I thought Gadot and Pine carried the film just fine. There were enough moments of levity to keep the thing from being a wholly bleak affair, but they definitely didn't shy away from showing how shitty WW1 was (in a PG-13 way anyway). I liked Wonder Woman as a character also -- she shows much more empathy than any other character I've seen in the DC universe so far.

Action was awesome for the most part. The final fight was a bit meh, but that's pretty much par for the course with superhero movies so far in my opinion.

*Full Disclosure* - I have worked on a Warner Bros. film before, and am currently working for something with Warner Horizon Television, but nothing to do with their DC stuff, and nothing to do with publicity.

*edit* While walking in the theater, we noticed a bunch of small girls wearing WW swag and homemade tiaras, etc, and they were fucking pumped. It was goddamn heartwarming to see young girls geeking out just like the boys.

don't tell me that there's a sky-beam for the final fight?

Top Bottom