• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey(2017) is 50% off on Steam until August 29th.

Kazuhira

I thought it was worth mentioning since i didn't see anyone posting this,i think this deal is available for PS4 and Xbox One too but i can't confirm it.
They also added a new free-trial(same length of the original demo) yesterday for PS4,Xbox One and PC.
I hope this was useful for someone,try it if you can and make this handsome fella happy.
morgan.jpg

Totally forgot to add those,thanks JaseC

Definitely worth it at that price. I would even recommend it at full price. You'll get at least as many hours as each hour you put in. Great game.

Risev1

Absolutely worth it. Just be warned that if you're looking to play this as a straight up shooter, it's possible but not very fun. The best that this game does is create a location that feels very real. Every single crew member is traceable and can be found. Everyone has a room and a place. Every email can be found from both the source and the destination computers. It's fantastic as an immersive sim.

Absolutely worth it. Just be warned that if you're looking to play this as a straight up shooter, it's possible but not very fun. The best that this game does is create a location that feels very real. Every single crew member is traceable and can be found. Everyone has a room and a place. Every email can be found from both the source and the destination computers. It's fantastic as an immersive sim.

Hm how exactly do you play it? I didn't find sneaking particularly efficient.

Use powers I guess? I mainly used powers and wrench but you can play it straight up shooter if you want.

Can you downlod the demo and buy a key from CDkeys, without redownloding and using that save?

I don't see why not. CDKeys gives you a steam key so it would be exactly like buying from the steam store. It is just adding the game to your library, the saves will be the same.

Risev1

Bring a lot of tools for each encounter. For example, instead of shooting your way through the techno enemies, bringing emp charges and disabling them, picking them out with ease is much more satisfying. Playing it as more of a puzzle game where you ask yourself what's the most effective way to win each encounter is much more fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, but the specifics haven't been revealed yet. Maybe re-implementing the cut hardcore features?

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-making-of-preys-gloo-cannon/

To quote myself from the OT:

One of the PC version's game.cfg files has pl_enableTraumas = 1. I'd say the fact that the cvar hasn't quietly been removed despite being completely non-functional at present (1 is actually the default value) means there's definitely an intention to reimplement the system at a later date.

It's still there:

preygamecfgtraumaszesjo.jpg

danowat

Banned
It was reduced on XBO Store yesterday too, wonder if the PS4 will follow suit?

Supermarkets have been selling it (on console) for £19.99 for a while, tempted............

I'll give the demo a whirl. Did the game not sell as well as they had hoped?

It didn't sell well, due to many different factors. One of which is Bethesda's review policy. Additionally, this is par for the course for some of their games. Usually you can find them about half price after a couple of months.

LordAmused

Great game, great story and pretty graphics. CryEngine really does wonders here, optimization and performance wise.

Seems like a great deal and I reckon I'd like it, but I don't have room for another game right now. Mario and then another Mario are coming soon.

I'm still playing Zelda!

leng jai

Great game, great story and pretty graphics. CryEngine really does wonders here, optimization and performance wise.

I wouldn't exactly call it pretty, the visuals are serviceable at best. The art is probably one of the weaker parts of the game, and even downsampled from 4K the aliasing is pretty bad. The saving grace for the PC version is that it does really very well, apart from one specific area.

MaLDo

Be aware native controller support was removed in the last 1.05 patch.

(There is an user made fix using a modified dll btw)

Does this still overwrite the 2006 OG Prey or was that fixed?

I heard about this when it launched and it really annoyed me.

Hm I played it with the upgraded shotgun and had a lot of fun that way. Not exactly Titanfall 2 level of shooting mechanics but good enough.

Mivey

Using a DS4 via the inbuilt Steam support worked fine. This is an issue with the latest patch for native xinput apparently, and it's not completely gone, some people still get it working but with wonky sensitivity. As for patches, the last was in early august, so maybe Bethesda is not just not paying anyone at Arcane to fix it?

MaLDo

Using a DS4 via the inbuilt Steam support worked fine. This is an issue with the latest patch for native xinput apparently, and it's not completely gone, some people still get it working but with wonky sensitivity. As for patches, the last was in early august, so maybe Bethesda is not just not paying anyone at Arcane to fix it?

Inbuilt steam support means emulation of the mouse + keyboard in your controller. That is terrible. It means mouse UI, stuttering when moving the camera, useless controller options in the game, etc. Is a bad workaround.

Mivey

Inbuilt steam support means emulation of the mouse + keyboard in your controller. That is terrible. It means mouse UI, stuttering when moving the camera, useless controller options in the game, etc. Is a bad workaround.
Useless controller options? On my DS4 I get proper icon prompts, and have still the power to change stuff as I like. This is great.
I agree that there seems to be something with the sensitivity, but this isn't a Steam thing. I have used the mouse-emulation in a few other games and had quite agreeable results. This is on them.

Of course, I do agree that taking out the native stuff and forcing people to use the Steam Controller interface is dumb. They should have made it optional. As great it is that Arcane is embracing the Steam ingame config, they shouldn't just take something out that already worked for people. That's just harebrained.

tariniel

This game looks amazing and I loved the demo, just too much other stuff to play at the moment :( if I buy it right now it will sit in my library for weeks if not months until I finish up other stuff. Might as well wait and hope it goes even cheaper... I think at $20 I'd buy it regardless of when I was going to play it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

That's complete BS.

I was planning to jump back in to finish the game since I'm using a Titan Xp now and can enjoy it at native 4K but lack of controller support would mean it's not playable without that fix. :\ I'll go hunt that down, I guess.

grabbed it on NA PSN, thanks for the heads up. Was waiting for the recent fixes, so this sale is a no-brainer. Good strategy from the devs/bethesda after a well-publicized fix

Can a mod edit the title to add PSN/XBL too? I feel like this game can use all the sales it can get

That's complete BS.

I was planning to jump back in to finish the game since I'm using a Titan Xp now and can enjoy it at native 4K but lack of controller support would mean it's not playable without that fix. :\ I'll go hunt that down, I guess.

Edit: Misread the issue.

I tried it on PS4 initially and it didn't click, but I'm really enjoying the trial on PC. I might bite.

MaLDo

That's complete BS.

I was planning to jump back in to finish the game since I'm using a Titan Xp now and can enjoy it at native 4K but lack of controller support would mean it's not playable without that fix. : I'll go hunt that down, I guess.

I think important sites have to report the problem. Is surprising how much freedom devs have nowadays with this kind of broken games bullshit.

Top Bottom