• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Price cuts on existing Xbox Ones, including base model at $279

Gotta be pretty desperate to buy one now, there's a slightly more powerful coming this year (was that thread true?) and a much more powerful one coming next year. Buying a X1 now is a waste of money. If you're really desperate wait for the Slim, if you can handle it get Scorpio instead.

It will be interesting to see the degree that public acknowledgement of Neo and Scorpio will hurt sales of each platform until the new ones are released. Even though Neo wasn't at the E3 briefing, it was showing up in Facebook news feeds and whatnot so I imagine people who care enough to know what E3 is probably know Neo is coming too.

MrBenchmark

This is a great deal for people who don't care about the features that the S will offer and just want a good price.

If you don't have a 4K tv with the newest HDMI spec and possibly a AVR with newest specs then the S does nothing for you but save a little space.

Trade value most places for my 1tb console is around $130. I'll just put it in the bedroom and have a media box that I can play my x1 games on. The S will be my 4k player. Solved. 😉

StereoVsn

This is a great deal for people who don't care about the features that the S will offer and just want a good price.

If you don't have a 4K tv with the newest HDMI spec and possibly a AVR with newest specs then the S does nothing for you but save a little space.
Lower power potentially, faster CPU/GPU (nobody knows by how much and MS isn't saying), better resell value, more internal HD options.

Cornbread78

The "Choose 1 game" bundle has been $279 in Wal-Mart for a couple weeks now and has been selling pretty nicely. It is currently sitting on the shelf $70 cheaper than PS4, so that gap alone makes it a good value for casual customers.

Target all has it at $299 with a $30 GC back deal, so it comes out to about $269 at their stores right now.

MrBenchmark

Trade value most places for my 1tb console is around $130. I'll just put it in the bedroom and have a media box that I can play my x1 games on. The S will be my 4k player. Solved. 😉
That exactly what I'm doing my day one unit will go in my room and take the place of my PS3 and the S will go in my movie room. My son has his day one on a 1080P tv and when Scorpio come out then he gets the S. I never sell consoles I still have 2 extra 360 E in my closet as spares.

StereoVsn

The "Choose 1 game" bundle has been $279 in Wal-Mart for a couple weeks now and has been selling pretty nicely. It is currently sitting on the shelf $70 cheaper than PS4, so that gap alone makes it a good value for casual customers.
We shall see in June NPD thread buy May has been abysmal for MS and it's likely that June might be worse with the Model S and Scorpio reveals.

IMO, best bet right now is for refurb/used Xbone as prices got to be dropping like a rock on those.

MrBenchmark

Lower power potentially, faster CPU/GPU (nobody knows by how much and MS isn't saying), better resell value, more internal HD options.
Those are all great if course but people looking for cheap entry won't care.

I preordered the 2tb S but will never use that internal drive space.

The internal drive is irrelevant if you utilize external drives I will migrate my 16TB raid 0 to my S from my current unit.

Cornbread78

We shall see in June NPD thread buy May has been abysmal for MS and it's likely that June might be worse with the Model S and Scorpio reveals.

IMO, best bet right now is for refurb/used Xbone as prices got to be dropping like a rock on those.

I didn't say it was selling better than PS4, I just said it was selling very nicely, lol. I'll check more closely towards the end of the month.

Chris1

Target all has it at $299 with a $30 GC back deal, so it comes out to about $269 at their stores right now.
I like the choose your game bundles, they should have that all the time. What's the point of having 10 different bundles at the holidays? Just do a 500GB choose your game, 1TB choose your game, 2TB choose your game and a white (black now?) around the time of a launch like SO/QB.

Having a ton of different bundles where the only difference is the games just seems pointless.

MuttsAndMuscles

Neo Member
At this point, the only one I'd spring for would probably be the Xbox One Elite bundle for $349. Nothing else is worth it for me at this point with my 3DS and PS4. I barely have enough time as it is to play those games.

Cornbread78

I like the choose your game bundles, they should have that all the time. What's the point of having 10 different bundles at the holidays? Just do a 500GB choose your game, 1TB choose your game, 2TB choose your game and a white (black now?) around the time of a launch like SO/QB.

Having a ton of different bundles where the only difference is the games just seems pointless.

Don't get me started with the 500 holiday bundles thing again.....

Elandyll

Banned
"Name your Game" bundle, soon to be the "Name your Price" bundle ;)

/jk if not obvious. They want those old XB1 out of the shelves bad.

I've seen used ones going for as low as $200 online, I might pick one of those up. I'm mostly a PS4 gamer so I really only want one for a few exclusives (Gears 4, Halo, Rare Replay, Scalebound). I don't have a 4K TV so 4k video is useless to me, and hopefully devs don't just make games for Scorpio in mind and will scale down.

Lone Wolf

You would think, but who knows? If the base X1 is selling so badly they are basically dropping the price each week, what if consumers don't give a fuck about the S and buy a ps4 anyways?
People who want a cheap 4K blu Ray player will be buying this as well. It's a niche format right now, but that is still thousands sold to enthusiasts of audio/video.

U2NUMB

The new model will be 299. This is a standard clearance.

But the one out in August is the $399 model from what I can tell. The $299 sku is for later in the year. Unless something else has leaked today I am out of the loop. I know this as I pre ordered the 299 only to realize the release date has it as december so I switched to the 2tb option which is out in August.

Now it is totally possible they have plenty of old X1s to sell through that will hold them over till the cheaper new model.

Grabbed the halo bundle from Amazon. Wouldnt mind the new S, but I'm not waiting until the year's end for the 1TB model, and I don't need the fancy upgrades. Also grabbed the new Ori release, as that was $16 after Prime.

Wagram

Am I supposed to buy it? They seem to want me to buy the S, Scorpio, or a PC.

Microsoft's marketing messaging is the worst.

Pagusas

Elden Member

I think it assumes its audience shows a bit more brightness than you are displaying. Its an inventory clear out, nothing more. Not everyone has the money for the S and will be excited to get a system at the price (really you'll see it go even lower soon)

Miles X

Gonna skip the S and get Scorpio, I doubt I'd get much for a launch 500gb in the UK anyway.

edit - £141 at Game. I'm surprised so high, but then remembered I bought it less than 2.5 years ago at £430 ...

MrBenchmark

Yeah quick buy one or you'll have to buy the new one and won't get a controller /sarcasm

Message was clear.

Obviously IQ's are low during E3

Top Bottom