• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Price cuts on existing Xbox Ones, including base model at $279

Chris1

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/742769142810316803

Went to xbox.com looking for this week's sales and instead found a "New low price, $279" banner in my face.

Clicked through and found some interesting deals for those who might be interested in the old VCR model. All are here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles

---

1TB Elite bundle (includes Solid State Hybrid Drive and Elite Controller): $349 (was $499)

500GB with Kinect, Zoo Tycoon, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Dance Central Spotlight: $279 (was $399)

1TB Spring Bundle (Halo 5, Gears Ultimate, Rare Replay & Ori): $299 (was $369)

500GB with one digital game of your choice (Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears Ultimate or Rare Replay): $279 (was $349)
500GB with Quantum Break and Alan Wake: $279 (was $349)
500GB with Gears Ultimate (choice of light grey or black): $279 (was $349)
500GB with Lego Movie Videogame: $279 (was $349)
1TB with Rainbow Six Siege, plus BC Rainbow Six Vegas & Vegas 2: $299 (was $369)
1TB "Triple Game Bundle," same as above Spring Bundle but minus Halo 5: $299 (was $369)
1TB with The Division: $329 (was $399)
1TB with Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Definitive: $299 (was $369)

Both the Elite and Kinect deals are pretty great if you're interested in either and don't mind the larger box.

ryan299

From the Verge.
Ck7WoC3XIAAoBC3.jpg

They don't want to get dominated in NPD these coming 2 months because of XB1 S, makes sense. Not that anyone will buy it when the S is $20 more.

yyr

Went to xbox.com looking for this week's sales and instead found a "New low price, $279" banner in my face.

Clicked through and found some interesting deals for those who might be interested in the old VCR model. All are here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles

---

1TB Elite bundle (includes Solid State Hybrid Drive and Elite Controller): $349 (was $499)

500GB with Kinect, Zoo Tycoon, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Dance Central Spotlight: $279 (was $399)

1TB Spring Bundle (Halo 5, Gears Ultimate, Rare Replay & Ori): $299 (was $369)

500GB with one digital game of your choice (Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears Ultimate or Rare Replay): $279 (was $349)
500GB with Quantum Break and Alan Wake: $279 (was $349)
500GB with Gears Ultimate (choice of light grey or black): $279 (was $349)
500GB with Lego Movie Videogame: $279 (was $349)
1TB with Rainbow Six Siege, plus BC Rainbow Six Vegas & Vegas 2: $299 (was $369)
1TB "Triple Game Bundle," same as above Spring Bundle but minus Halo 5: $299 (was $369)
1TB with The Division: $329 (was $399)
1TB with Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Definitive: $299 (was $369)

Both the Elite and Kinect deals are pretty great if you're interested in either and don't mind the larger box.

komplanen

Well Xbox One wasn't exactly flying off the shelves and now there's TWO better Xbox One's coming up, so I guess this is necessary.

Chris1

On topic, this was predictable. I thought they'd go $249 to clear stock.

Even $249 seems too expensive considering the slim has a 4k blu ray and is more powerful(?).

The only way I'd consider picking it up if I didn't have one already would be $199, otherwise I'd just wait for the slim or Scorpio.

Gotta be pretty desperate to buy one now, there's a slightly more powerful coming this year (was that thread true?) and a much more powerful one coming next year. Buying a X1 now is a waste of money. If you're really desperate wait for the Slim, if you can handle it get Scorpio instead.

kswiston

SuperÑ;207033700 said:
This includes a game thus making it 229$. Better value as i won't play any Blurays @4k for sure.

None of the games on offer are that hard to get for cheaper than $50, and we had $299 bundles last holiday.

Lower price is always better, but I don't think that $20 was holding many potential buyers back. That's less than 7% off.

Blueliner

Banned
is this console being discontinued after S comes out?

I would say that's the ultimate goal of MS, to silently kill the OG Xbox and get as many hands on the new stuff as possible. I would place a bet that the new titles that come out, say 2017+, will not run very well on the OG Xbox One.

Top Bottom