• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pride Toronto Welcomes Police to Attend Parade (Without uniforms, weapons, cruisers)

Sai-kun

Banned
White people should stay home. And all males too. You know what, nobody gets to march. Y'all go home. Ah Equality.

The line of thinking that every cop is bad and the whole profession should stand accountable for a certain percentage of bad apples is as bad as...racism and discrimination towards minorities shown by law enforcement. Nobody wins in the wide paint brush game.

omg...white men are so sensitive LMAO

your post is a fucking dumpster fire and i hope the rest of the thread drags you for how terribly thought out your opinions are.

They be telling me to be proud of who you are as long as you're not a piece of shit. Black is beautiful. Girls run the world. But happen to be a cop who just wants to do something that matters and may be serve his community ? Get the fuck out of here and not before you answer for the crime of everyone on the continent that has the same profession.

I hope people see the logical fallacy here. Pride prade is about saying to the world that we are proud of who we are and we love who we are. Well unless you happen to be this one profession and unless you made this one career choice. In that case, fuck you.

If you don't know shit about what pride is for, then honestly you shouldn't even be posting.

Pride is about celebrating SURVIVAL and fighting to live our lives another day in a world that would mostly rather see us dead than see us as equals. Pride is to lift each other up and celebrate our accomplishments as queer people.

People are born queer, not born as pigs. Get your shit together and educate yourself.

the1npc

Can you link to any reputable sites saying that this Khogali person is the leader of BLM Toronto? I can only find sites saying that she co-founded it, which is really a completely different thing than being its "leader". I don't think the entire group should be vilified because of one person out of who know how many people who were there at its inception.

the other founder has also stolen shit loads of money http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/07/black-lives-matter-member-sued-for-severance-deal

complete clowns who are doing harm to BLM as a whole.

as far as the topic at hand a I think it will just divide people further but at the same time a police presence could bother people who have been carded or harassed in the past so its a tough call but in the end of the day police are free to join in without a uniform

CazTGG

the other founder has also stolen shit loads of money http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/07/black-lives-matter-member-sued-for-severance-deal

complete clowns who are doing harm to BLM as a whole.

as far as the topic at hand a I think it will just divide people further but at the same time a police presence could bother people who have been carded or harassed in the past so its a tough call but in the end of the day police are free to join in without a uniform

Like they said, reputable sources, not the Sun.

White people should stay home. And all males too. You know what, nobody gets to march. Y'all go home. Ah Equality.

The line of thinking that every cop is bad and the whole profession should stand accountable for a certain percentage of bad apples is as bad as...racism and discrimination towards minorities shown by law enforcement. Nobody wins in the wide paint brush game.
I forgot that cops were born cops and are a persecuted group

Top Bottom