• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professor Layton 2 Viral Marketing Bombshell: The Twitter Account Wasn't Real :(

Blizzard said:
You...BEG for it?

commodusthumbsdown.jpg
BEG for my forgiveness? I would be willing to. :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Tiktaalik said:
Why is a "game journalist" viral marketing for Nintendo for free?
Same reason why people post "official threads" and load them full to the brim with pictures and enough information to write a short story.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh come on. I was following that account since the start, and it was clear it wasn't Nintendo's work, and I don't see any harm done. The fact that Wii Will Rock U = the creator of the account is amusing though :lol reading through that thread is fascinating now.

shuri

Banned
is this how the dude who drowned in hot chocolate this week felt like? I wonder; Roger, please comment.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wii Will Rock U said:
And again, I fall in the same trap.
Doesn't matter as I'm sure many people can attest to the same thing. The problem here was you ousted yourself and had the balls to leave enough trails of your own identity for this to occur, let alone step into this thread which was bound to be full of criticism and face the music head-on.

The sad truth is that when people read this thread and put the pieces together they're going to feel angry or embarrassed and thus take their emotions out in this thread. Yet for some reason they are forgetting the fact that they are gamers too; they share a love for the same hobby that you are so interested in and I'm sure at some stage of their gaming life they let their passion for a game/s to hit fever pitch.. which is, I'm sure, why this occurred in the first place.

I'm indifferent to the viral marketing shindig because, as much as I love Layton, I'm not going to follow something that a corporation or individual not tied to that company has propped up to boost interest.

Wii Will Rock U said:
So what do I have to do to keep my GAF account? I love this place.

I don't want this mistake to cost me my internet love.
You'll probably cop a mockery of a tag but I wouldn't expect any harsh punishment. Those calling for your head are just backseat modding which is also a bannable offence.

kenta said:
Reading through that old thread now makes me dislike him rather intensely
Ever since an unnecessary snarky two word response to a thread I made without contributing anything of value to the conversation I started to notice a pattern with this guy. He's full of himself, and frequently boasts his own endeavors while being a condescending asshat to others without reason. I don't respect posters who are offhandedly dismissive without backing up their shit talking. This Layton thing only reinforces my opinion of him.

speedpop said:
Doesn't matter as I'm sure many people can attest to the same thing. The problem here was you ousted yourself and had the balls to leave enough trails of your own identity for this to occur, let alone step into this thread which was bound to be full of criticism and face the music head-on.

The sad truth is that when people read this thread and put the pieces together they're going to feel angry or embarrassed and thus take their emotions out in this thread. Yet for some reason they are forgetting the fact that they are gamers too; they share a love for the same hobby that you are so interested in and I'm sure at some stage of their gaming life they let their passion for a game/s to hit fever pitch.. which is, I'm sure, why this occurred in the first place.

I'm indifferent to the viral marketing shindig because, as much as I love Layton, I'm not going to follow something that a corporation or individual not tied to that company has propped up to boost interest.

You'll probably cop a mockery of a tag but I wouldn't expect any harsh punishment. Those calling for your head are just backseat modding which is also a bannable offence.

Thank you so much for calming my mind. I don't think people get how much I care for GAF.

Cat in the Hat said:
Everyone knows you outed yourself on purpose to get attention.
To be honest, I didn't think it would get to GAF so fast. I was hoping to have the page deleted before it trailed here.

I can't believe I'm actually responding in this thread. I love you all too much to not give you an answer.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wii Will Rock U said:
Thank you so much for calming my mind. I don't think people get how much I care for GAF.

is that why you lied to GAF?

face it. you broke GAF's heart. there's no going back.

Narag

Wii Will Rock U said:
To be honest, I didn't think it would get to GAF so fast. I was hoping to have the page deleted before it trailed here.

I can't believe I'm actually responding in this thread. I love you all too much to not give you an answer.

I've a feeling you were disappointed GAF didn't find it as quickly as you hoped so introduced it yourself. Shameful.

DanteFox

Wii Will Rock U said:
Seriously, what do I have to do to keep my account? I'm so upset at myself right now.
It's too late now. GAF is going to break up with you after deceiving us so greatly. :mad:
:lol

Wii Will Rock U said:
So what do I have to do to keep my GAF account? I love this place.
I don't want this mistake to cost me my internet love.
Wii Will Rock U said:
BEG for my forgiveness? I would be willing to. :lol
Wii Will Rock U said:
I don't think people get how much I care for GAF.
Wii Will Rock U said:
I love GAF so much.
Wii Will Rock U said:
I love you all too much to not give you an answer.
Wii Will Rock U said:
I genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, apologize for the entire thing.
Wii Will Rock U said:
Really, I can't stress enough how much I care for GAF.
Wii Will Rock U said:
Seriously, what do I have to do to keep my account? I'm so upset at myself right now.

TheGreatDave said:
Suck mod dick?
Be sure to swallow.

:lol

If I was you i'd quit talking about getting banned. You pulled a lame prank( and told people how cool the person doing it is) besides that I don't think you did anything bannable. I'm no mod though so who knows for sure.

CO_Andy

Wii Will Rock U said:
I'm at least being honest.
1z3tcvl.jpg

You couldn't of chosen a worse avatar to represent yourself :lol

I think it's safe to say you'll be spared a banning for at least pimping a GAF-approved sleeper title.

Top Bottom