• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BY2K said:
One thing. No charts. They can't brag about the 3DS sales, anyway, it's selling below expectations.

Sadly, that's not what Nintendo will spin. They'll say that its Nintendo's fastest selling handheld for initial launch, which I believe is indeed true. It's just not anywhere near what the Lite was going for.

comedy bomb said:
So what are everyone's thoughts on Nintendo as a whole this E3?

NDS
Not really expecting anything for this system.

Wii
Really hoping for a strong send off for the system. We already know we are getting Skyward Sword, Rune Factory Oceans, Rayman Origins and the next Spider-Man title (notable only if it is of the same good quality as the last one.) I am hopeful that there are 4-5 more titles announced for NA. Nintendo is sitting on enough of them (Last Story, Xenoblade, Kirby, Rythem Heaven) but who knows if those will ever be localized.

3DS
The launch was pretty soft. Outside of SSF4 and Ghost Recon there really hasn't been much for compelling software for the system yet IMO. June will help with the e shop, Zelda and Resident Evil, but Nintendo really has to deliver at E3. The rest of this year really needs to shape up, or the system will continue to slide sales wise. They need to show us quality software that is committed to releasing this year. Show us why the system is worth $250.

Cafe
I know it's playable, but outside of Nintendo's own titles I really don't know what could be shown. Anything releasing for the other HD systems this year will be old news next year. I honestly don't think we'll get a whole lot out of this reveal. I'd say a small glimpse at this E3, a bigger blow out later this year in Japan, and a better look at the launch window titles at next E3. I expect the system to release in the fall of 2012.

What order do you guys think Nintendo will talk about their consoles and how much time do they give them?

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

DS - 10%
3DS - 40%
Wii - 15%
Cafe - 35%

DS still has a few more releases that I expect them to mention.

3DS will definitely see more hype on the games coming out after the thin release.

With the Wii I would expect to see finally see information about DQX. It's passed due. Also Skyward Sword and a few other releases to keep it going.

And Cafe I see a release of the third-party devs for the console, controller and console design reveal, online structure, and two or three "surprise" announcements. I don't expect price or release date to be announced during the conference.

Nintendo will release the Retro FPS and F-Zero at launch along with a Wii Sports-esque casual game collection. Zelda: FSA remake via EStore and Pikmin 3 will come in the launch window and Star Fox by Christmas 2012.

Nintendo must strike a careful balance between supporting their system and giving 3rd parties room to breath. Thus, no Mario until 2013 and no full blown Zelda until 2014 (they will need a big gun to counter new systems from Sony/MS and a new Zelda after lying dormant for a few years is their best ticket). The Metroid franchise needs a drastic re-evaluation.

Luigiv

perfectchaos007 said:
Still, from the trailers they both look like TOTALLY different games. This one was developed from the ground up seperate from the GCN project. Going back to the GCN game it baffles me how a game seemingly 90% complete gets canned. You would think theres some point where theres no turning back and they should publish it just to get some profit out of it, but they end up just not releasing it all together.
Launching a product is expensive. Sometime it just makes more finial sense to can a completed project just before launch and cut your losses.

All of the Sakurai talk really reminds me of how lucky the guy is. If you look at other developers you'll spot several who've been stuck on the same games for more than a decade. One smash brothers every six years or so doesn't seem like much at all in comparison to the deluge of Metal Gear, Halo and Call of Duty that certain people and teams get stuck with.

Truth101

Banned
Saw that the thread had moved 8 pages while I was away, and I was excited for new rumors....
There are no new rumors =[

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's actually quite amazing how Sony and Microsoft have all those rumors coming while Nintendo related rumors have pretty much died in the last week. (I don't count fakes.)

Which makes the wait a liiiiitle more manageable. I would be at the edge of my seat if there was any more rumors.

@ Ace--- > PM with the link, please?

AceBandage said:
I know we aren't suppose to post about her, but that one lady made some pretty bold predictions at the risk of shutting down her blog.
I thought it was kind of funny.

She can open another. Whoop-dee-fucking-do. :p

AceBandage said:
I know we aren't suppose to post about her, but that one lady made some pretty bold predictions at the risk of shutting down her blog.
I thought it was kind of funny.
I saw them too, but then I thought to myself, "What if she's not actually even a lady, but a pathetic fanboy who will disappear into the myst and take on a new identity after those guaranteed predictions fail to materialize?"

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay, I have the article. And Ace is right, those predictions are bold as fuck. (But awesome if true.)

But... it's Emily Rogers, so...

swerve

Nintendo - especially since Iwata took control - usually likes to keep the key elements secret for as long as possible. Wii didn't get its big coming out party until the E3 just four or five months before release.

Unless Stream is coming this year (yeah, it's called stream) then I can't expect much about the online or the OS features until October Conference.

ombz

SolarPowered said:
All of the Sakurai talk really reminds me of how lucky the guy is. If you look at other developers you'll spot several who've been stuck on the same games for more than a decade. One smash brothers every six years or so doesn't seem like much at all in comparison to the deluge of Metal Gear, Halo and Call of Duty that certain people and teams get stuck with.
I would think with all of the content that one Smash Bros. packs in that he still gets tired of it.

swerve said:
Nintendo - especially since Iwata took control - usually likes to keep the key elements secret for as long as possible. Wii didn't get its big coming out party until the E3 just four or five months before release.

Unless Stream is coming this year (yeah, it's called stream) then I can't expect much about the online or the OS features until October Conference.

They'll want to show off the major draw of the system, and I think it'll be the online.

Am I the only person who's getting annoyed by these fake rumors being posted on GAF? I know it's wishful thinking, but it brings down our message board to almost Gamefaqs level.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Am I the only person who's getting annoyed by these fake rumors being posted on GAF? I know it's wishful thinking, but it brings down our message board to almost Gamefaqs level.

What's the difference between fake rumors and real rumors, though?
Neither can be confirmed until next week anyway.

One of the other interesting, but sort of depressing, things I heard today was many of the western studios only have token support for Cafe and that they got "burned" by the Wii.

Personally I'm not expecting a lot of beyond token support anyway. But it does call to question what Nintendo has planned to get these guys to take the plunge.

... and that's all I've got. That said, I remember before the Wii was launched, guys at EA and such were all saying it was going to fail and "Sony has this in the bag" and "Nintendo basically said they're out of the console business."

So it's not like these guys have the best track record ;)

Jason's Ultimatum said:

The only thing that makes it worse are other sites running with it like it's newsworthy and give credit to finding it on GAF.

Jason's Ultimatum said:

hey, at least I'm not tagging them as believable :lol

swerve

AceBandage said:
They'll want to show off the major draw of the system, and I think it'll be the online.

but you can see the problem, right? reveal the main features now and the other guys have a year to mimic them on their established userbases with cheaper hardware. No one is averse to releasing new types of controller this gen either.

Nope, I'm gearing up for a 3ds heavy, stream-lite showing. Couple of playable tech demos for the controller, focus on visual fidelity, little or no mention of the online plans.

I sort of hope to be proven wrong.

timetokill said:
One of the other interesting, but sort of depressing, things I heard today was many of the western studios only have token support for Cafe and that they got "burned" by the Wii.

Personally I'm not expecting a lot of beyond token support anyway. But it does call to question what Nintendo has planned to get these guys to take the plunge.

It'll take Nintendo being aggressive to get them on board, and I think we'll see this in the coming years.

ElectricBlanketFire said:
Just out of curiosity, are there any fan/semi-professional made trailers with ORIGINAL CONTENT (non-dolphin) that show what a Nintendo IP in HD would look like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFnSvromImU

swerve said:
but you can see the problem, right? reveal the main features now and the other guys have a year to mimic them on their established userbases with cheaper hardware. No one is averse to releasing new types of controller this gen either.

Nope, I'm gearing up for a 3ds heavy, stream-lite showing. Couple of playable tech demos for the controller, focus on visual fidelity, little or no mention of the online plans.

I sort of hope to be proven wrong.

you will be. you just gotta believe!

From The Dust said:
found it

won't link but I will post it for lulz

- Pikmin 3 at E3
- 20 Cafe games
- Soul Calibur 5 at launch with exclusive content
- Ubisoft has 3 launch titles
- Nintendo looking to get a FPS franchise
- new developer for SSB4
- Rockstar game, not at E3
- no harddrive

riiiiiiiiiiight

they don't seem bold at all

Alrus said:
Who is Emily Rogers and why aren't we allowed to speak of her?

Also this list is like a fanboy wet dream(aside for the no hard drive part...), I seriously doubt it's true. (Speaking of leaks and stuff, what happened to surfergirl?)

she claims to know shit because she fucked an insider. I'm not making that up

AceBandage said:
It'll take Nintendo being aggressive to get them on board, and I think we'll see this in the coming years.

Hope so. They do need to be extremely aggressive with locking up some key titles. Considering what they did with Dragon Quest, I could see them trying something similar for Cafe. But it's tough with western studios, who are going to want to stick with the tried-and-true MS/Sony platforms.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Jason's Ultimatum said:
[This message was deleted at the request of a Moderator or Administrator]

swerve

GUYS read the OP

Do not discuss those fake stories. Ban hammer. Edit them away quick.

Originally Posted by Amir0x:
Any discussion of or links to Emily Rogers blog and her rumours will result in a ban. She has forged and leaked about a hundred different false rumours and documents at this point and she tried to diss neoGAF for calling her on it. This is not up for discussion.

timetokill said:
Hope so. They do need to be extremely aggressive with locking up some key titles. Considering what they did with Dragon Quest, I could see them trying something similar for Cafe. But it's tough with western studios, who are going to want to stick with the tried-and-true MS/Sony platforms.

Well, multiplatforms titles will go to the Cafe. That's not even up for debate. It'll be super easy to port them and it'll add more users to sell to.

BY2K

Membero Americo
swerve said:
GUYS read the OP

Do not discuss those fake stories. Ban hammer. Edit them away quick.

Oh shit, even discussion of it is bannable... didn't knew that part.

Better shut up, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom