• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Yeah, I was thinking about Ninja Gaiden 3 from Koei-Tecmo aswell. They still haven't announced the platform(s) it's on right?

I'd expect more Japanese titles than western titles btw. Sure it will have Madden, FIFA, Assassin's Creed etc.

FoneBone

Mithos said:
Maybe Bioshock Infinite, or any other 2012 releasing PS360-game.
Bioshock Infinite has already had too much coverage for a Nintendo showing to have any real impact. I'm talking either a new announcement or something where the developer has been extremely quiet.

NTom64

AceBandage said:
Dunno if I can agree with Craig here. I think they'll have a bigger focus than the first Revolution showing, simply because it'll be out so early next year.

Yeah, hasn't it been confirmed to be playable? That alone sets it apart from the Revolution.

antonz

NTom64 said:
Yeah, hasn't it been confirmed to be playable? That alone sets it apart from the Revolution.
Yeah the reality is Cafe is basically getting 2 years worth of E3s in one year. The Tease E3 is being passed over and going right to the debut and lead up to launch E3

Instro

Cow Mengde said:
Hey wait, what happened to the Fatal Frame 2 remake for the Wii? What if that got moved to the Cafe?

Yeah I was wondering about that myself, hopefully we'll hear something at E3 about it at the very least if they plan to release it on the wii I hope it gets localized.

Chrono Break, anyone?

Joint Square Enix/Mistwalker production. A man can dream damnit! I mean, Nintendo brought Kid Icarus back after how many years?

Anth0ny

Fourth Storm said:
Their track record didn't count for shit once my Wii started to overheat and their tech support wanted 70 bux to fix it. It's a far cry from the time I drunkenly pissed into my Gamecube and the fucker resumed functionality the very next day.

Fuck yeah Gamecube.

Fourth Storm said:
Chrono Break, anyone?

Joint Square Enix/Mistwalker production. A man can dream damnit! I mean, Nintendo brought Kid Icarus back after how many years?

Nintendo isn't nearly as adverse to trying new things with their franchises like SE is.
I doubt we'll ever see a new Chrono game.

Cow Mengde said:
Hey wait, what happened to the Fatal Frame 2 remake for the Wii? What if that got moved to the Cafe?

I can't remember the poster who suggested it, but using the screen on the controller to find the ghosts would be neat to see.

Orayn

Anth0ny said:
Fuck yeah Gamecube.
It's the Nintendium-ABS copolymer that made their entire hardware legacy so indestructible. Hopefully we see it used in the Cafe and 3DSLite. Say no to glossy, fragile stuff!
BY2K said:
Darksiders 2.

A Zelda-like at launch. It WILL sell.
I am quietly saying a prayer to the universe that this happens.

test_account

XP-39C²
Seeing that Cafe/Wii2 might still be a year away, how big of a chance is there that we will see much gameplay from it? Especially for 3rd party. I know that it has said that Cafe will be playable at E3, but that could simply be a tech demo of some sort. I'm really curious to see some 3rd party announcements though :)

BY2K

Membero Americo
test_account said:
Seeing that Cafe/Wii2 might still be a year away, how big of a chance is there that we will see much gameplay from it? Especially for 3rd party. I know that it has said that Cafe will be playable at E3, but that could simply be a tech demo of some sort. I'm really curious to see some 3rd party announcements though :)

I think it will mostly be First Party. Including Retro.

If big multiplatform games perform in 720p/1080p @ 60fps, with (at least) 4x AA on Café, i will buy al my multiplatform games for this console until the Xbox 3 and PS4 will arrive. Definitely.

Instro

test_account said:

Id expect first party stuff and at the very least some quick and dirty ports from 3rd parties to be playable at E3. Hopefully a couple decent 3rd party exclusives get announced too.

At worst it would be similar to 3DS last year where there was a lot of gameplay shown but a number of titles were only running guided demos or w.e.

ShockingAlberto said:
"After April" does not mean it will definitely come out in June. Which isn't really "so early next year" as much as it is the very end of the first half of next year at absolute earliest.

Right, but expecting to just see the system with a quick announcement, and especially expecting them to dedicate nearly half their conference to the Wii, just seems silly.
It'll be closer to the Wii unveiling at E3 2006.

FoneBone

ShockingAlberto said:
"After April" does not mean it will definitely come out in June. Which isn't really "so early next year" as much as it is the very end of the first half of next year at absolute earliest.
I think it'll be out by the end of Summer 2012 at the latest. If it weren't going to be out before/around E3 2012, I very much doubt Nintendo would be doing a playable reveal.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Don’t expect a huge focus – remember when Revolution was revealed on-stage, it was a “look how tiny this thing is!” announcement. Café (a project name I’m told has already been internally abandoned for another) will be similar. “Here’s our controller idea, or at least most of it. Tune in next year. Now talk amongst yourselves.”

I don't agree with this. This won't be like the Revolution reveal. Because unlike the Revolution at E3 2005, Project Café is GOING TO BE PLAYABLE!

How can Nintendo reveal Cafe like “Here’s our controller idea, or at least most of it. Tune in next year." if it's playable? Plus, it's going to release before E3 2012. It's a repeat of what happened with the 3DS.

Announced a while before E3. Full reveal at E3, plus playable and released less than a year after the reveal.

Orayn said:
It's the Nintendium-ABS copolymer that made their entire hardware legacy so indestructible. Hopefully we see it used in the Cafe and 3DSLite. Say no to glossy, fragile stuff!

I am quietly saying a prayer to the universe that this happens.
No, I was sleepwalking, but it appeared as if I had actually opened the disc tray and pissed into it. When I tilted the tough lil sucker, piss came pouring out of the side vents.

The story is damn embarrassing but I tell it because the GCN's miraculous recovery still awes me to this day.

ace3skoot

i think basically if we take last years conference as template, cafe will have a showing very similar to the 3DS, 3DS will replace the Wii of alst year with some big announcements and some key 3rd party titles, and Wii will have SS, Kirby and maybe pikmin 3.

BY2K said:
I don't agree with this. This won't be like the Revolution reveal. Because unlike the Revolution at E3 2005, Project Café is GOING TO BE PLAYABLE!

I don't agree with it either. I agree with you, obviously, at least about this.

BY2K said:

How can Nintendo reveal Cafe like “Here’s our controller idea, or at least most of it. Tune in next year." if it's playable? Plus, it's going to release before E3 2012. It's a repeat of what happened with the 3DS.

Announced a while before E3. Full reveal at E3, plus playable and released less than a year after the reveal.
It could be a lot like the Revolution reveal at TGS.

Short mini-games and playable tech demos (that may or may not become games down the line) and actual, substantial game announcements and booths some other time.

Nintendo showed with the 3DS it doesn't mind hosting its own events.

Kard8p3

ace3skoot said:
i think basically if we take last years conference as template, cafe will have a showing very similar to the 3DS, 3DS will replace the Wii of alst year with some big announcements and some key 3rd party titles, and Wii will have SS, Kirby and maybe pikmin 3.

Nah Pikmin 3 is Cafe all the way.

=HERO=

Neo Member
Can't believe nobody pointed out that Debug System!=Development Kit.

The Green-faced wiis are debug kits for testing, while dev kits, the big boxes, are for developing.

Also, Craig Harris acts as if he didn't actually read the one press release for the actual system, stating it would be playable like everyone else has already said.

FoneBone

ShockingAlberto said:

Short mini-games and playable tech demos (that may or may not become games down the line) and actual, substantial game announcements and booths some other time.

This neglects that Iwata has already very strongly implied software announcements at E3.

ShockingAlberto said:

the Revolution was at TGS? only the controller was revealed. nothing more

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but I wouldn't put to much stock into what Geoff is saying like "lots of surprises!". I'm sure he knows a fair bit about what is going to take place (as does everyone else in the industry right about now) but it's his job to hype these things up. I would love to be proven wrong though especially on the cafe front

From The Dust said:
the Revolution was at TGS? only the controller was revealed. nothing more
...yeah. And minigames were used to demo the controller that later made themselves in to Wii games.

Trying to make a distinction between the controller reveal and a Revolution reveal is kind of....stupid.

ShockingAlberto said:
...yeah. And minigames were used to demo the controller that later made themselves in to Wii games.

Trying to make a distinction between the controller reveal and a Revolution reveal is kind of....stupid.

there were demos? I don't recall Nintendo even having a booth, which would imply a public presence. unless you mean a backroom booth for journalists

herzogzwei1989 said:
Speaking of game journalists, what ever happened to Matt Casamassina? Where is he in all of this?

at Apple

Instro

DragonKnight said:
Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything but I wouldn't put to much stock into what Geoff is saying like "lots of surprises!". I'm sure he knows a fair bit about what is going to take place (as does everyone else in the industry right about now) but it's his job to hype these things up. I would love to be proven wrong though especially on the cafe front

Eh there being "surprises" or w.e. is a pretty standard line from him, sometimes he's telling the truth sometimes he's exaggerating. So I'm just going to ignore his tweet for now.

herzogzwei1989 said:
Speaking of game journalists, what ever happened to Matt Casamassina? Where is he in all of this?

Isn't he working at Apple now or something?

From The Dust said:
there were demos? I don't recall Nintendo even having a booth, which would imply a public presence. unless you mean a backroom booth for journalists
It was an event for press only held in the same building as TGS, during TGS, but not part of TGS. I mean, we could split more hairs if you want, but it's becoming tiresome.

antonz

Instro said:
Eh there being "surprises" or w.e. is a pretty standard line from him, sometimes he's telling the truth sometimes he's exaggerating. So I'm just going to ignore his tweet for now.

Isn't he working at Apple now or something?
yeah wasnt he going in to supposedly help them clean up the whole gaming side of things for iOS?

Kafel

Banned
DragonKnight said:

Most of the gaming press knows what's coming. They act like parents of kids who still believe in Santa Claus and don't say anything.

They even write bullshit articles on what to expect at E3 when, in fact, they already know and won't post the info so it's a magical moment for everyone.

ShockingAlberto said:
It was an event for press only held in the same building as TGS, during TGS, but not part of TGS. I mean, we could split more hairs if you want, but it's becoming tiresome.

no, I want a clear fucking line drawn!

Anth0ny

BY2K said:

Yeah that guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Apparently some of the press didn't get the memo: Cafe is playable at E3.The latter half of the Conference is probably going to be mostly all Cafe.

So what are everyone's thoughts on Nintendo as a whole this E3?

NDS
Not really expecting anything for this system.

Wii
Really hoping for a strong send off for the system. We already know we are getting Skyward Sword, Rune Factory Oceans, Rayman Origins and the next Spider-Man title (notable only if it is of the same good quality as the last one.) I am hopeful that there are 4-5 more titles announced for NA. Nintendo is sitting on enough of them (Last Story, Xenoblade, Kirby, Rythem Heaven) but who knows if those will ever be localized.

3DS
The launch was pretty soft. Outside of SSF4 and Ghost Recon there really hasn't been much for compelling software for the system yet IMO. June will help with the e shop, Zelda and Resident Evil, but Nintendo really has to deliver at E3. The rest of this year really needs to shape up, or the system will continue to slide sales wise. They need to show us quality software that is committed to releasing this year. Show us why the system is worth $250.

Cafe
I know it's playable, but outside of Nintendo's own titles I really don't know what could be shown. Anything releasing for the other HD systems this year will be old news next year. I honestly don't think we'll get a whole lot out of this reveal. I'd say a small glimpse at this E3, a bigger blow out later this year in Japan, and a better look at the launch window titles at next E3. I expect the system to release in the fall of 2012.

antonz

herzogzwei1989 said:
I too expect Cafe to be released in the fall of 2012, but I know that many people believe it'll be released sometime between April and June.
Pachter is backing up IGN on production starting in October at 1 million units a month. They arent gonna make 12-15 million units and sit on them for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom