• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
antonz said:
Pachter is backing up IGN on production starting in October at 1 million units a month. They arent gonna make 12-15 million units and sit on them for a year

I'd be thrilled to buy Cafe next spring/summer, I just don't believe it, yet.

comedy bomb said:
So what are everyone's thoughts on Nintendo as a whole this E3?

NDS
Not really expecting anything for this system.

Wii
Really hoping for a strong send off for the system. We already know we are getting Skyward Sword, Rune Factory Oceans, Rayman Origins and the next Spider-Man title (notable only if it is of the same good quality as the last one.) I am hopeful that there are 4-5 more titles announced for NA. Nintendo is sitting on enough of them (Last Story, Xenoblade, Kirby, Rythem Heaven) but who knows if those will ever be localized.

3DS
The launch was pretty soft. Outside of SSF4 and Ghost Recon there really hasn't been much for compelling software for the system yet IMO. June will help with the e shop, Zelda and Resident Evil, but Nintendo really has to deliver at E3. The rest of this year really needs to shape up, or the system will continue to slide sales wise. They need to show us quality software that is committed to releasing this year. Show us why the system is worth $250.

Cafe
I know it's playable, but outside of Nintendo's own titles I really don't know what could be shown. Anything releasing for the other HD systems this year will be old news next year. I honestly don't think we'll get a whole lot out of this reveal. I'd say a small glimpse at this E3, a bigger blow out later this year in Japan, and a better look at the launch window titles at next E3. I expect the system to release in the fall of 2012.

DS
0 from Nintendo

Wii
Mostly localizations of already announced games (XB, TLS, Kirby, RH) and Zelda. Maybe a new game but I'm not counting on it.

3DS
Lots of stuff. Three Mario games. Animal Crossing. Lots of Third Party stuff.

Cafe
Again, lots of stuff. Mostly montages. Quick ports are a given. We'll likely see Pikmin and SSB4. Lots of third parties pledging support.

DragonKnight said:
And because the damn thing will be playable
Someone really needs to start a website with Gaf posters providing the content. The obliviousness of games journalist to such clear cut facts boggles my mind.

Fourth Storm said:
Someone really needs to start a website with Gaf posters providing the content. The obliviousness of games journalist to such clear cut facts boggles my mind.

That's exactly what GAF already is. Basically us doing a better job than all the journalists and analysts.

Can someone please provide the cafe press release again. I want to read it one more time. Isn't Chris Harris the nintendo guy at IGN? Now he's got me doubting shit

Edit: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THROW US A FRICKEN BONE NIKKEI!

swerve

From The Dust said:
they should fix the heating thing that the Wii had. if they are going for a larger case, then there will be a larger fan. hopefully that will be enough

They did fix that, I think. It was a coolant gel issue. It was not a problem with the design or the size of the machine, but the construction.

I have three, two of them since launch, always warm from connect24 but nowhere near as hot as my other computers get even with their fans.

If the GPU melting/dots-on-screen issue was a big deal, with 80 million units sold, we'd have heard a lot more about it in the mainstream press.

DragonKnight said:
Can someone please provide the cafe press release again. I want to read it one more time. Isn't Chris Harris the nintendo guy at IGN? Now he's got me doubting shit

project-cafe-confirmed.jpg

Also, pretty sure Craig left IGN, didn't he?

antonz

DragonKnight said:

Craig works for Sega now.

swerve said:
They did fix that, I think. It was a coolant gel issue. It was not a problem with the design or the size of the machine, but the construction.

I have three, two of them since launch, always warm from connect24 but nowhere near as hot as my other computers get even with their fans.

If the GPU melting/dots-on-screen issue was a big deal, with 80 million units sold, we'd have heard a lot more about it in the mainstream press.

never knew that. I have a launch Wii and I stopped leaving it in standby due to heat

perfectchaos007 said:
Probably cancelled. Us Kirby fans have become accustomed to cancellations at least

name me a canceled Kirby game

Luigiv

AceBandage said:
DS
0 from Nintendo

Wii
Mostly localizations of already announced games (XB, TLS, Kirby, RH) and Zelda. Maybe a new game but I'm not counting on it.

3DS
Lots of stuff. Three Mario games. Animal Crossing. Lots of Third Party stuff.

Cafe
Again, lots of stuff. Mostly montages. Quick ports are a given. We'll likely see Pikmin and SSB4. Lots of third parties pledging support.
Why does everyone expect to see that? SSB4 is not going to happen without Sakurai whether you like it or not. Sakurai is obviously busy with Kid Icarus at the moment. At the same time there's no guarantee he'll work on SSB next. He's a freelancer, not a Nintendo Employee so if he doesn't want to work on it (which would be perfectly understandable), Nintendo can't force him.

FoneBone

From The Dust said:
name me a canceled Kirby game
Air Ride (original N64 game)
Tilt N Tumble 2 (GC)
Kirby (GC - no, I really don't think the Wii game is the same project, given that it's been six years)

Luigiv said:
Why does everyone expect to see that? SSB4 is not going to happen without Sakurai whether you like it or not. Sakurai is obviously busy with Kid Icarus at the moment. At the same time there's no guarantee he'll work on SSB next. He's a freelancer, not a Nintendo Employee so if he doesn't want to work on it (which would be perfectly understandable), Nintendo can't force him.

Actually, at the moment, Project Sora is owned by Nintendo, making Sakurai an employee. His team is made up of Nintendo employees as well.
Besides that, he can easily direct SSB4 and KI at the same time.

I'd love to see the next numbered Ace Combat game on Cafe, but that might be a long ways off because Assault Horizon is coming out for 360/PS3 this fall.

herzogzwei1989 said:
I'd love to see the next numbered Ace Combat game on Cafe, but that might be a long ways off because Assault Horizon is coming out for 360/PS3 this fall.

Just remake all the PS1 games into a single game for the Cafe and you have the best AC game ever.

Edit: Bah, thought you said Armored Core for some weird reason.

Gravijah said:
If the next Smash Bros doesn't have an absolutely gigantic soundtrack, I will be very sad.

After SSBB you can't really complain. If they don't release an official soundtrack then I will complain

Edit: I know mediafire yadda yadda but I like official packaging and the things that come with it

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
AceBandage said:
Actually, at the moment, Project Sora is owned by Nintendo, making Sakurai an employee. His team is made up of Nintendo employees as well.
Sakuria's not going to be working on YET ANOTHER SSB so soon. He'll want to do his own projects with his own IP, in fact, Sakurai STARTED Project Sora precisely for that reason: NOT doing another fucking Smash Brothers. Expect to see whatever that is for 3DS or Cafe after Kid Icarus, or heck, next week. But it won't be SSB4. I can guarantee it.

herzogzwei1989 said:

there will be one for the 3DS, but we still don't know if that's just an Iphone port

FoneBone said:
Air Ride (original N64 game)
Tilt N Tumble 2 (GC)
Kirby (GC - no, I really don't think the Wii game is the same project, given that it's been six years)

If anyone thinks that Kirby GCN turned into Epic Yarn they have issues.

This project was canceled

doomed1 said:
Sakuria's not going to be working on YET ANOTHER SSB so soon. He'll want to do his own projects with his own IP, in fact, Sakurai STARTED Project Sora precisely for that reason: NOT doing another fucking Smash Brothers. Expect to see whatever that is for 3DS or Cafe after Kid Icarus, or heck, next week. But it won't be SSB4. I can guarantee it.

He'll make what I tell him to make and he'll like it.

From The Dust said:
no, he was talking about the new game

this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te-OqdKx8ho

Still, from the trailers they both look like TOTALLY different games. This one was developed from the ground up seperate from the GCN project. Going back to the GCN game it baffles me how a game seemingly 90% complete gets canned. You would think theres some point where theres no turning back and they should publish it just to get some profit out of it, but they end up just not releasing it all together.

Luigiv

AceBandage said:
No that's not how it works. Project Sora is composed entirely of freelancers and contractors. They are not Nintendo Employees. Once their contracts end they no longer work for Nintendo and are free to go find work were ever they want, whether that be renewing their contracts with Nintendo or going to a different developer all together. If Nintendo asks them to work on a project they don't want to, then they have no obligations to sign a new contract.

comedy bomb said:
So what are everyone's thoughts on Nintendo as a whole this E3?

DS
No new games
All announcements will be localizations (Kirby, Layton, and maybe some older stuff)
Budget Line?

Wii
1-2 new games (Wii Something and a 2D game)
3-4 localizations (Kirby, Xenoblade, Last Story, and an inexplicable choice of an older game)
Software Montage
Wii Something=August, Kirby=August, Xenoblade=September, Zelda=October, 2D game=November, other localized game=December, Last Story=January

3DS
The bulk of the conference
A new Pokemon game
Entirely too much time spent on an average looking third-party game that shows off some facet of the system (Online? Graphics?)
Super Mario 3DS will be shown in detail
Some focus on "applications" like Netflix and messaging friends
Several big first-party and third-party games announcements, probably in a montage
Star Fox=July, Kid Icarus=September, Animal Crossing=October, Mario Kart=October, Mario=November, Paper Mario=February, Pokemon=March

Cafe
Goofy lifestyle trailer of the controller and some games
Some basic details of its capabilities and the focus or goal of the system
Several trailers of third-party and first-party games
Smash Bros, Wave Race, Mario, Retro's new game?, etc.
Iwata will read off a list of third-party brands that will appear on the system, like he did last year for the 3DS

perfectchaos007 said:
Still, from the trailers they both look like TOTALLY different games. This one was developed from the ground up seperate from the GCN project. Going back to the GCN game it baffles me how a game seemingly 90% complete gets canned. You would think theres some point where theres no turning back and they should publish it just to get some profit out of it, but they end up just not releasing it all together.

nah, they look similar. the only difference other than the different art for items and hats is the new game doesn't seem to have (or show) an angled perspective (also potential co-op and partners). but other than that, you could almost fool people into thinking it was the same game

nckillthegrimace said:
Cafe
Iwata will read off a list of third-party brands that will appear on the system, like he did last year for the 3DS

I'd say an onstage demo will be there as well

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
User33 said:
If he refuses to do the new Smash Bros, somebody else will do it. You're delusional if you think a new smash bros game isn't coming.
Oh, I never said anything about a new smash game not coming, there will be one on the next Nintendo system, it's just not getting mentioned any time before 2014.

Gravijah

DragonKnight said:
After SSBB you can't really complain. If they don't release an official soundtrack then I will complain

Edit: I know mediafire yadda yadda but I like official packaging and the things that come with it

I can complain and I will complain if it's not 3 times the size of Brawl, musicwise. Don't let me down Nintendo.

Kard8p3

Smiles and Cries said:
Has Activision leaked the name somewhere?

He's talking about how Activision decided to go ahead and announce Call of Duty Elite before E3 to avoid backlash at the show much like Nintendo did with the announcement of the wii name.

Instro

Smiles and Cries said:

I believe he's referring to CoD Elite, in that they are talking about it early to avoid backlash at/after E3 similar to what Nintendo did with the Wii name.

FoneBone

Smiles and Cries said:
It sounds like he's talking about Activision announcing a goofy name for one of its own products early (a la the Wii name in 2006). I don't think it's about Cafe at all.

Vanille

nckillthegrimace said:
DS
No new games
All announcements will be localizations (Kirby, Layton, and maybe some older stuff)
Budget Line?

Wii
1-2 new games (Wii Something and a 2D game)
3-4 localizations (Kirby, Xenoblade, Last Story, and an inexplicable choice of an older game)
Software Montage
Wii Something=August, Kirby=August, Xenoblade=September, Zelda=October, 2D game=November, other localized game=December, Last Story=January

3DS
The bulk of the conference
A new Pokemon game
Entirely too much time spent on an average looking third-party game that shows off some facet of the system (Online? Graphics?)
Super Mario 3DS will be shown in detail
Some focus on "applications" like Netflix and messaging friends
Several big first-party and third-party games announcements, probably in a montage
Star Fox=July, Kid Icarus=September, Animal Crossing=October, Mario Kart=October, Mario=November, Paper Mario=February, Pokemon=March

Cafe

Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and Zelda in the same month? You're crazy.

Smiles and Cries said:

No, I think this is referring to the fact that Nintendo announced the Wii name before E3 so that it wouldn't distract from what they were presenting at E3, and Activision is doing something similar with that monthly Call of Duty announcement. If they announce that at E3 when they show off MW3, then it would totally detract from MW3. The big headlines wouldn't be "MW3 is Sick as Fuck, Preorder $200 Ultra Edition," they would be "Activision Greedily Exploits Innocent Gamers."

It has nothing to do with the actual name of the Wii's successor.

BY2K

Membero Americo
One thing. No charts. They can't brag about the 3DS sales, anyway, it's selling below expectations.

Anth0ny

doomed1 said:
Oh, I never said anything about a new smash game not coming, there will be one on the next Nintendo system, it's just not getting mentioned any time before 2014.

We got a Melee trailer with the Cube announcement and a Brawl trailer with the Wii announcement (well, they day they starting showing Wii games). I'm confident we'll see at least a teaser for the new Smash in 7 days, whether Sakurai is working on it or not.

Which he probably will be =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom