• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

JohnTinker said:
More & more I keep seeing industry/journalism folks referring to it as Wii 2 and not Cafe/new Nintendo hardware, and just remotely thinking that they would call it Wii 2 kind of scares me
I think thats just easier for them. It certainly easier to get the point across for people who dotn follow project cafe all the time

JohnTinker said:
More & more I keep seeing industry/journalism folks referring to it as Wii 2 and not Cafe/new Nintendo hardware, and just remotely thinking that they would call it Wii 2 kind of scares me

the journalist know just as much some some developers do. as far as we know, it's codename is Cafe. considering Nintendo hasn't kept the same name since the N64 is evidence that they will have a new name

antonz said:
Though if we look at devkits of the past for Nintendo they used to be giant then the Wii kits were basically just wii with a green faceplate.

If they are going with parts near the rumored stuff it is gonna run quite a bit hotter than even the things in the 360 etc so Nintendo being forced to go bigger again makes sense. Lets just hope they go sleek

This scares me. I really hate hot systems. You know I disable stuff like Anti-Aliasing, HDR (if possible) and Shadowing when I game on my PC during the summer? I'm serious. I did some tests and turning that stuff off stresses my fan less.

Cow Mengde said:
This scares me. I really hate hot systems. You know I disable stuff like Anti-Aliasing, HDR (if possible) and Shadowing when I game on my PC during the summer? I'm serious. I did some tests and turning that stuff off stresses my fan less.

The good thing is Nintendo's track record on hardware. It will be interesting to see how their design team handles a console of this level.

bgassassin said:
The good thing is Nintendo's track record on hardware. It will be interesting to see how their design team handles a console of this level.

Wait, I just checked, I didn't turn off HDR. It really doesn't stress my rig that much.

And yeah, I know Nintendo's good with that, but I hope it's not a power hungry beast either. That's why my dream GPU is something along the lines of the 4770. That thing can be cooled with a simple heat sink.

antonz

FoneBone said:
I'm expecting at least one major multiplatform game being unveiled at Nintendo's conference, but I can't quite see it being that one...
I tend to agree but stuff like that would without a doubt make Cafe versions alot cooler. Having the life detection scanner in your hands instead of some crappy little ui on the tv screen

bgassassin said:
Their track record didn't count for shit once my Wii started to overheat and their tech support wanted 70 bux to fix it. It's a far cry from the time I drunkenly pissed into my Gamecube and the fucker resumed functionality the very next day.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It the Wii 2 controller has a screen, and if Aliens Colonial Marines got ported to it... how else would you detect approaching xenomorphs?

JackNicholsonnoddinghead.gif

Sadist said:
Which big multiplatform game would likely be announced at the conference?

What does GAF think?

Do you mean a new, unannounced one or a Cafe version of an existing one?

Existing:
Bioshock Infinite

New:
Skies of Arcadia 2

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
FoneBone said:
I'm expecting at least one major multiplatform game being unveiled at Nintendo's conference, but I can't quite see it being that one...
If anything it will probably be part of the sizzle reel.

Which I just realized...

Remember how much we all HATED seeing video of people waving the Wii remote instead of actually seeing the game footage? Well how else are we supposed to see what is on the controller screen without some goofy over the shoulder camera shot to show it off?

Be prepared :(

ElFly

Fourth Storm said:
Their track record didn't count for shit once my Wii started to overheat and their tech support wanted 70 bux to fix it. It's a far cry from the time I drunkenly pissed into my Gamecube and the fucker resumed functionality the very next day.

Maybe you should have pissed on it to cool it.

Fourth Storm said:
Hahaha, I'm not much better. Nothing like a new Nintendo console to awaken the child in me.

Last time I did this, the Dolphin/GameCube was about to be revealed / was revealed. I was up day & night, on my Dreamcast (didn't have a PC then) using a free dial-up ISP (lol), as all the news & info came in. Good times.

[Nintex]

Sadist said:

What does GAF think?
After Koei Tecmo said they wanted to have a game ready at launch I think that Nintendo might get DOA5 as a timed exclusive untill the next Xbox rolls out.

magash

Sadist said:

What does GAF think?

New GTA, BF3 and maybe a sort of past blockbuster game collections (COD collection, ME collection, Assassins Creed collection etc.)

[Nintex] said:
After Koei Tecmo said they wanted to have a game ready at launch I think that Nintendo might get DOA5 as a timed exclusive untill the next Xbox rolls out.

That or Dynasty Samurai Diarrhea Warriors.

I will however, accept Romance of the 3 Kingdoms XII as a launch title as an apology from Koei.

Mithos said:
Maybe Bioshock Infinite, or any other 2012 releasing PS360-game.

if BI appears at Nintendo's conference, I will jizz bricks. there were rumors of Nintendo trying to smang Rockstar. then they should have been talking to their daddy first.

[Nintex] said:

I could see Ninja Gaiden 3 being shown off at the Nintendo conference. The two companies are pretty tight, what with all of the cameos, publishing deals, and co-development.

Sadist said:

What does GAF think?

Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Soul Cal V, GTAV

Even though Skyrim and Battlefield 3 are 2011 games. I think they both stand a chance of getting ported to Cafe in 2012.

nckillthegrimace said:
I could see Ninja Gaiden 3 being shown off at the Nintendo conference. The two companies are pretty tight, what with all of the cameos, publishing deals, and co-development.

Oh yeah, forgot about Ninja Gaiden. I'll take Ninja Gaiden 3.

Hey wait, what happened to the Fatal Frame 2 remake for the Wii? What if that got moved to the Cafe?

sphinx

the piano man
Sadist said:

What does GAF think?

.- Final Fantasy 15
.- Final Fantasy versus 13
.- Final Fantasy 13 - 2

maybe even 14....

Cow Mengde said:
Wait, I just checked, I didn't turn off HDR. It really doesn't stress my rig that much.

And yeah, I know Nintendo's good with that, but I hope it's not a power hungry beast either. That's why my dream GPU is something along the lines of the 4770. That thing can be cooled with a simple heat sink.

I could see them do something along those lines when looking at it's lower wattage.

Fourth Storm said:

ROFL!

Kafel

Banned
Wouldn't it be sweet if Rockstar shows up at Nintendo's conference ? To reveal a game for Cafe ? Table Tennis 2 anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom