• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS 2 discussion thread (provisional release date: Septemberish 2017)

GHG

Fuck it. I'll do one even though I'll probably get accused of shilling.

What's the process for this?

danowat

Banned

GHG

You need some images (Tyler!) and some body text, that's the easy part, the difficult bit is remembering to keep it up to date (see my AC OT).

Think there is a guide of sorts somewhere on here.......

Yeh I just need some guidelines on sizes for the banners & images then I'm good to go.

I can use images that have been posted throughout this thread as long as I get permission correct?

Perfect, thanks.

danowat

Banned
Yeh I just need some guidelines on sizes for the banners & images then I'm good to go.

I can use images that have been posted throughout this thread as long as I get permission correct?

Just use a previous OT as a guide / framework for image sizes etc.

I´m always bad at thread tittles, but i thought about something like

Project CARS 2 OT it´s Gran Turismo 7

But it´s kind of a cheap shot and only GT orphans who migrated to other games can relate to.

Also, the OT will be nice, but most of the fun will be in the predict GTS/Forza/Pcars2 metacritic and sales thread followed by the review thread of those games. Madness is coming.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Also, the OT will be nice, but most of the fun will be in the predict GTS/Forza/Pcars2 metacritic and sales thread followed by the review thread of those games. Madness is coming.

Madness is right. Sound and fury from people making sweeping comparisons who haven't played all three games.

patchday

Got an oculus rift on the way. Already have a bunch of good racing wheels so I am rdy to be fully immersed and forget everything else when this game drops

------------------

OT Suggestions-

|OT| Virtual Hot Wheels!

Mascot

Fuck it. I'll do one even though I'll probably get accused of shilling.

Shill!
Good man.

Any Ideas for OT titles?

Project CARS 2 |OT| Francorchamps Valley and the Four Seasons

01-970286.jpg

edit: ninja'd by Dan.

Project CARS 2 |OT| First Glove

Project CARS 2 |OT| Seasoned To Perfection

Project CARS 2 |OT| The Track Is Alive With The Sound of Backfire

*shrugs*

Fox Mulder

Oh shit. I'm already feeling that this game is gonna just get buried under forza 7 hype. :(

They chose to release against Forza and GT Sport instead of like June or so.

I'm still passing on Forza for now and have loved that series since the fist Xbox. I'm just burned out on it and it doesn't look that new really. Forza 6 in 4k with pretty rain.

Pcars 2 looks more interesting with more ambitious features and has looked good in streams.

I need to move on from gamepad to a wheel and might do that later this month.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
a little confrontational but...

Project CARS 2 |OT| five hundred and twenty fewer cars but, more importantly, twice the tracks!

a little confrontational but...

Project CARS 2 |OT| five hundred and twenty fewer cars but, more importantly, twice the tracks!
Well, that one's too long, not fun and pun'y, but I kinda like the idea with the "confrontational". Hitting at GTS's "no real single player" and Forza's pre-baked dynamic weather and time of day (that isn't really dynamic, just pulling scenarios from a small pool of pre-made ones) would be better in my opinion. I tried for a few minutes... giving up for now.

Not as putting the finger in the wounds that deep, but best thing I could come up:
Project CARS 2 |OT| A Meteorologist's Dream
Project CARS 2 |OT| It's much better now! (no, really!)
Project CARS 2 |OT| Drivatarless Single Player Goodness[or Drivatarless Single Player Career]

TheMan

Yep, I've got an extensive pad video coming late next week, huge improvements. It really is like playing GT or Forza, very straight forward, even with the Lotus 98T.

Good. I have a wheel but sometimes I don't feel like setting that shit up, you know?

danowat

Banned
Project Cars 2: its not forza or gran turismo.

Project Cars 2: Bell Weather (lead not follow)

Ian Bell + Dynamic weather =

bellwether
ˈbɛlwɛðə/Submit
noun
the leading sheep of a flock, with a bell on its neck.
something that leads or indicates a trend.
"Basildon is now the bellwether of Britain's voting behaviour"

Or you could make a thread title that highlights the positives of the game rather then try to throw dirt on another franchise. Unless you think the game cant stand on its own merits?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Or you could make a thread title that highlights the positives of the game rather then try to throw dirt on another franchise. Unless you think the game cant stand on its own merits?

pcars 2 |OT| no fun allowed

Bobnob

Will there be a demo ? Seems like a opportunity to get those burnt by the bad controller setting in the last game back onboard.

Top Bottom