• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS 2 discussion thread (provisional release date: Septemberish 2017)

Mascot

Project Cars 2 |OT| Enjoy your stay at the Four Seasons

Project Cars 2 |OT| The joypad control makes me rally cross

Fredrik

You can configure camera shake in PC2.
Awesome!! =D
Ever since I tried the Shift games the Gran Turismo and Forza games feels so stale, they're pretty and great on many other aspect but the sensation of speed, acceleration and power is almost completely lost in comparison.

danowat

Banned
The pack that is included in the deluxe edition

The Motorsports Pack, featuring​
- Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1
- Audi V8 DTM
- Opel Astra TCR

Is that exclusive (or timed?) to that version, or is it available outside of the deluxe edition?, I am assuming it won't be, at least to start with.

fresquito

The pack that is included in the deluxe edition

Is that exclusive (or timed?) to that version, or is it available outside of the deluxe edition?, I am assuming it won't be, at least to start with.
I think it's an exclusive for Season Pass. Take it with a grain of salt.

fresquito

Season pass available outside of the deluxe edition?.

Christ I hate all this pre order deluxe carlos fandango edition, season pass, DLC bullshit.........
I guess so.

And yeah, this Season pass thing... I honestly don't know who invented it, but he sure knew how stupid people are.

Mascot

Yeah, season passes can fuck off. Lucky dip is a carnival game for kids.

There's mixed messages about preorder bonuses from SMS (IB) and Bamco Nandai too. Lots of confusion at GT Planet, still not cleared up.

It's a fucking mess.

Edit: starts here

Ian says it's well worth buying..so there you have it.

af92e3cee76d65d751bb3ccfc3626651e4d1845f04c5022d7f32ed53ceaac847.jpg

Bobnob

Bought the season pass, i'm goona take his word on that! an extra £20. I'm more interested in the specs for it running on scorpio ? and no demo seems like a missed opportunity.

Do any SMS Devs post here?

danowat

Banned
Bought the season pass, i'm goona take his word on that! an extra £20. I'm more interested in the specs for it running on scorpio ? and no demo seems like a missed opportunity.

Do any SMS Devs post here?

Good point about XBOXX(X?) any word on Pro enhancements?

terrible

Banned
I'll get all the DLC on sale in like a year. The amount of day 1 content for a sim looks ridiculous already so I'm not really seeing the value in the mystery box season pass right now. I'm finding I spend most of my time in the same handful of cars anyway with sims, it's not like Forza where I do like two races with a car before trying another one.

fresquito

I'll get all the DLC on sale in like a year. The amount of day 1 content for a sim looks ridiculous already so I'm not really seeing the value in the mystery box season pass right now. I'm finding I spend most of my time in the same handful of cars anyway with sims, it's not like Forza where I do like two races with a car before trying another one.
Even though I will have all SP content because my WMD Tier, I can't but agree with this.

I'm only interested in tracks and in cars that add to existing categories (or DLCs that add a whole new class with a good number of cars). Random cars I'm not interested in (except for the classic 911).

Grassy

Yeah, season passes can fuck off. Lucky dip is a carnival game for kids.

There's mixed messages about preorder bonuses from SMS (IB) and Bamco Nandai too. Lots of confusion at GT Planet, still not cleared up.

It's a fucking mess.

Edit: starts here

It's all part of their "detailed marketing roll out plan"..."Buy the season pass mate. You have my word it's worth it."

Nope, tell me what it includes first.

nelo_inc

I've bought Project Cars day one, the limited edition because i wanted the bonus cars, but i only played a bit online, the carrer mode never pulled me in, it's very boring.

So for this one i will wait a bit for reviews, not gonna make the mistake.

danowat

Banned
There's a deathly silence over PS4 Pro enhancements, so the cynic in me thinks that there aren't any, surely it's something they'd (or Sony) have promoted by now?

Mascot

There's a deathly silence over PS4 Pro enhancements, so the cynic in me thinks that there aren't any, surely it's something they'd (or Sony) have promoted by now?

Maybe there are no directly-coded enhancements, with Boost Mode being assumed?
It did a great job with the first game. Night races in a thunderstorm were very smooth on the boosted Pro.

Helznicht

So those that have experience with it, did they improve the VR implementation? PC1 was kinda poor in the performance/look department when in VR.

Mascot

I love this in theory, but it seems a bit (unfairly?) negative.

It's actually positive.! The joypad controls are now so good they make me want to drive rallycross cars using them, is the message. And rallycross cars are normally a bitch to get good controls for.

It's a compliment thinly disguised as criticism, playing on people's confirmation bias from the first game.

Mascot

Ref the season pass: it just occurred to me that the four car/track packs might be:

1. A normal tarmac racing circuit with nice motor cars that people like
2. An ice circuit with slippy-slidey studdy-tyre cars for masochists
3. A rally cross circuit with mud cars for Ken Block wannabees
4. A karting circuit with farty little sleds that nobody likes

Sight unseen, people. Sight unseen.

danowat

Banned
Ref the season pass: it just occurred to me that the four car/track packs might be:

1. A normal tarmac racing circuit with nice motor cars that people like
2. An ice circuit with slippy-slidey studdy-tyre cars for masochists
3. A rally cross circuit with mud cars for Ken Block wannabees
4. A karting circuit with farty little sleds that nobody likes

Sight unseen, people. Sight unseen.

I'd be down with all of those, as long as the karts actually handle like karts this time round.

zdenko1

Not sure if original "Riders on the Storm" or "Riders in the Storm" would be better

Project CARS 2 |OT| - Riders in the Storm

Mascot

Not sure if original "Riders on the Storm" or "Riders in the Storm" would be better

Project CARS 2 |OT| - Riders in the Storm

Storm conditions seems to be Forza 7's big thing this year - are you thinking of that OT? We had storms already in pCARS (pretty epic ones) but do have snow storms this time around.

I guess pCARS 2's USPs this time are full seasonal weather, LiveTrack 3, rally cross, ice racing, top marques, and useable joypad controls.

There's a free biscuit to anyone who can shoehorn that lot into one snappy title.

fresquito

Storm conditions seems to be Forza 7's big thing this year - are you thinking of that OT? We had storms already in pCARS (pretty epic ones) but do have snow storms this time around.

I guess pCARS 2's USPs this time are full seasonal weather, LiveTrack 3, rally cross, ice racing, top marques, and useable joypad controls.

There's a free biscuit to anyone who can shoehorn that lot into one snappy title.
Gamepad players allowed to RallyX on the ice (live)track this season?

KdotIX

Properly padded out with RallyX for all seasons?

xrnzaaas

Sony will probably be investing in promoting only GTS this year.

Project CARS 2 is still on my list of games to buy this year, but I'll be going for the standard edition. Will buy season pass when it's fully revealed and only if it's good enough (I really enjoyed maybe half of the DLC's for the first game).

Project CARS 2 |OT| ...just when you thought you wanted one of the other 2

honorable mentions:
Project CARS 2 |OT| Trying to Undercut the Competition
Project CARS 2 |OT| Our (insert anything) is Dynamic

Top Bottom