• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

Mascot

Mine just says "waiting", UK PSN.

itshappening.gif

20150506_131606.jpg

20150506_131330.jpg

Helznicht

When is preload for pc supposed to start?

GMG delivered my code and am pre-loading it on steam right now.

Seems this game is cpu bound (at least on some effects) i5 4690 3.5 ghz am cry? Might need to check some overclocking I guess, maybe DX12 will help in the future also.

Kama_1082

Banned

Seems this game is cpu bound (at least on some effects) i5 4690 3.5 ghz am cry? Might need to check some overclocking I guess, maybe DX12 will help in the future also.
Oh shit, i just got to work :( ah well.

Mascot

Silly question time: can you adjust the PS4 clock to gain early access to preloads?

Of course you can't. Can you?

The game responds pretty well to CPU overclocking so you should be able to get a few frames out of it.

Reflections on High compared to Ultra also give a significant boost to CPU limited situations like wet weather racing and large AI fields without really looking noticeably different in motion.

I do OK on an i5-2500K @ 4.4 unless I'm doing wet weather races or playing with 30+ AI cars.

Xater

Just did my first race man this cars sounded great. The shifting alone sounded like the most violent thing in the world.

sueil

So I was doing the first race of F1 aka Formula A career mode. I think this is going to be the best part of the career mode because the F1 car is probably the most fun in the game and it has my favorite career structure. Practice, qualifying, one really long race if set to 100% length and a 19 race season each at a different location. Most other careers I tried had 2-3 mini seasons in different parts of the world over the course of the year. So a GT3 career season might see you in the US championship for half the year then the world championship the second half the year and it is the world championship that really matters. Each race weekend in these careers you would also race twice. A short race followed by a longer race. I'm not quite sure why they handled it like that. Each mini season typically had 3-5 different locations with those 2 races in each location. The F1 having 19 races per season each in a unique spot is way more attractive. The point structure also seems more realistic for it.

So because I had been looking forward to F1 career part of my career so much I wanted everything to be perfect. So I was starting the first race over a few times to get the right AI setting to be a challenge but not impossible. Get the car setup how I want as well. At some point I must have messed up the fuel load in my car's default setup because lap 20 of a 52 lap race I realized I had used 70 liters of my starting 100 liters and had to make 30 liters last the next 32 laps. The max for the car is 240 liters. Like current F1 no refueling is allowed in F1 in the game. Another restart I guess. It was the most fun I had racing in the game so far though.

cackhyena

I asked this in the other thread, but I should have asked here. I'm running a i5 3570k and a GTX 670. Will I be able to run this okay, should I go the PC route?

Hip Hop

I asked this in the other thread, but I should have asked here. I'm running a i5 3570k and a GTX 670. Will I be able to run this okay, should I go the PC route?
I have the exact same setup. I pre ordered already so I'm hoping we can, respectively.

cackhyena

I have the exact same setup. I pre ordered already so I'm hoping we can, respectively.

But I need more than hope! I'm still willing to settle for the console version if these rigs don't cut it. That many cars and rain aren't always a thing. I'd just rather have the best version, if I can.

Oh shit, just saw this. Maybe it doesn't matter what someone in my case gets...
The game is gonna become the new Crysis of GPU and CPU bechmarks for sure.

I7-5960X + GTX 980 only getting 48 fps at 1080p with 20 opponents in the rain, and the maximum AA settings aren't even used in those tests. Le Mans in the rain with 55 AI at max settings is gonna cause meltdowns lol.

Hopefully the day 1 patch on PC has other optimisations in addition to fixing the grass performance and we also see some better drivers in the near future.

Also I'd love to see someone test max AI at Le Mans in the wet on console and see how they stack up.

You should be OK at medium-high settings most of the time for 1080p60fps. Performance with loads of AI and rainy weather will drop though so be prepared for that.

Helznicht

That set-up will do everything the PS4/Xbone versions will do and then some. I can understand wanting to get a console version, but performance and graphics should not be one of them with your PC.

Bobnob

Whats with the pcars release date ? It says on the pcars faq page that all uk versions incuding digital copies are released on the 8th wtf

krpiper

Will I be okay for 60FPS (low res my monitor is only 1440x900 thats the next purchase...) Preferably on "high" but Medium would be okay too

i5-4460
r9 290
8GB RAM

Is this the new crysis?

Will I be okay for 60FPS (low res my monitor is only 1440x900 thats the next purchase...) Preferably on "high" but Medium would be okay too

i5-4460
r9 290
8GB RAM

Is this the new crysis?

You should get there at medium with that resolution but the game is currently heavily unoptimised for AMD users (both CPU and GPU). A 290X is performing worse than a GTX 660Ti at 1080p at the moment.

Probably wait and see for other AMD reports first I guess.

krpiper

You should get there at medium with that resolution but the game is currently heavily unoptimised for AMD users (both CPU and GPU). A 290X is performing worse than a GTX 660Ti at 1080p at the moment.

Oh well :/

Maybe I will just wait until next week for the console version....

Or is this something a patch can/hopefully will fix?

Oh well :/

Maybe I will just wait until next week for the console version....

Or is this something a patch can/hopefully will fix?

At this point I reckon it's more down to AMDs drivers than anything. AMD performance has never been good in pCARS at any point during development.

RP912

Banned

:/ damn

My PC is all AMD :/. Oh well, I'll just use medium settings then...

krpiper

At this point I reckon it's more down to AMDs drivers than anything. AMD performance has never been good in pCARS at any point during development.

This is a whole new world for me as I had a laptop before and just put together my PC a few weeks ago. Thank you for being helpful.

I will wait it out I suppose.

cackhyena

So why is this game available in so many hours on Steam but still not available until the 12th in physical form in the US? Is that normal?

Soi-Fong

So, are there any actual backers here besides myself? I'm wondering how the payout will work for us members since they all sent out an email to update our Paypal account and such a few months ago. I read the payments will happen on a quarterly basis for 3 years.

So, are there any actual backers here besides myself? I'm wondering how the payout will work for us members since they all sent out an email to update our Paypal account and such a few months ago. I read the payments will happen on a quarterly basis for 3 years.

Yeah, that's basically how it works.

Not that I'm expecting anything more than a few bucks as a Junior Member, but I never bought into the funding stage with investment as an aim so anything is a bonus.

Soi-Fong

Yeah, that's basically how it works.

Not that I'm expecting anything more than a few bucks as a Junior Member, but I never bought into the funding stage with investment as an aim so anything is a bonus.

Hmm.. Not really sure what to expect in terms of how much I'm gonna get. I'm a full member though.

So why is this game available in so many hours on Steam but still not available until the 12th in physical form in the US? Is that normal?

It's normal to have the game available on different dates in different regions.

Is US Steam getting this today?

Edit: Apparently so. I am really thinking of dumping PSN and going with Steam. My PC isn't great at the moment but it should hold its own until I build a new one early next year. I will mull over the idea.

My 660 2gb doesn't look too great for this. It doesn't look bad either.

Top Bottom