• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Morpheus E3 2015

Seanspeed

Banned
My eyesight is terrible, I have to wear glasses for everything. But when I use google cardboard without my glasses I can see everything perfectly. Don't ask me why or how, but it just works for me.
It depends on what sort of vision impairment someone has.

There's actually going to be a fair amount of glasses wearers that won't need them in VR.

Man

man, these RIGS IGN interview is nothing. not talking about the game or morpheus at all...
Worst interviewer. What was that tirade of needing to go on vacation, be cool at a bar.. devs just made a polite akward chuckle at that... /game-journalism

I understand Sony not showing much on the stage about Morpheus, but I was hoping for a release date and price. Also wonder if they are designing a Move 2 or make Move the input for Morpheus.

Need answers Sony!!

Because the screen is only a few inches from your eyes heh.

If I hold the phone that close to my face I can't see anything, but thanks to the lenses in the Google Cardboard I can see it perfectly.

It might be a lucky coincidence, but If it works for me there's a chance it will work for some others too.

Seanspeed

Banned
I understand Sony not showing much on the stage about Morpheus, but I was hoping for a release date and price. Also wonder if they are designing a Move 2 or make Move the input for Morpheus.

Need answers Sony!!
Move will not be redesigned. No word on price or release date.

Moskalova

Need answers Sony!!

About that...

Is there a redesigned Move coming in terms of ergonomics?

No, no, no. It just works.

So the standard one we have will look the same?

Absolutely.

So that Move 2 leak was nothing?

It's not a leak. It was a fake. ... some design studio or something.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/an-intimate-chat-with-sony-playstation-shuhei-yoshida/

Soi-Fong

If I hold the phone that close to my face I can't see anything, but thanks to the lenses in the Google Cardboard I can see it perfectly.

If it works for me there's a chance it will work for some others too.

It depends, most of these headsets made so that the focus is on infinity. That means people like me who are near-sighted might still need glasses in the Morpheus.

For me personally, I use the B-Lenses w/ the DK2 which are enough for me to get a "clear" picture in the Rift.

I have Google Cardboard as well w/ my Note 4 and its crazy just how much 1440p improves the screendoor effect. Really sucks that none of the major players in VR have a resolution of the screen like that.

But then I heard that Sony is doing some hardware wizardry to minimize the effect.

Seanspeed

Banned
It depends, most of these headsets made so that the focus is on infinity. That means people like me who are near-sighted might still need glasses in the Morpheus.

For me personally, I use the B-Lenses w/ the DK2 which are enough for me to get a "clear" picture in the Rift.

I have Google Cardboard as well w/ my Note 4 and its crazy just how much 1440p improves the screendoor effect. Really sucks that none of the major players in VR have a resolution of the screen like that.

But then I heard that Sony is doing some hardware wizardry to minimize the effect.
All the latest headsets have screendoor reducing features.

Man

The Gamespot interview is much more decent.

Both Gamespot and IGN doesn't seem to realize Guerrilla is Sony 1st party though lol.

I got to go to E3 and try it this year.

I can say that it worked really well. The only problem is resolution seems kinda blurry. I later talked to a dev who did Adrift demo(which I got to play on oculas) who said it was because of what the ps4 can process/render and it has to repeat that power wise or something double to look clear and HD. So aka it is what it is and proably wont get much better.

However to be honest even though Oculus was much better resolution on a powerful PC the morpheus demo worked great and was cool.

The demo I did the strange sega dancing girl who sang to me. It starts your at a concert in and you look around and your in the audience and toward the end of the song was teleported to the stage and she dance and sung directly to me. Again it was kinda a bit pixelated but with 7.1 head phones and just the ability to look around it felt like I was there. Its very cool.

My friend play the londen heist one and said it was amazing. Like the matrix reloaded he was jumping from car to car shooting a ozi. He was sold for life.

gamespot vid is so much better compared to IGN.

is there 3 mech types? any info about the differences between mech? also I'm not sure about the control, is it normal first person shooter control with left analog for moving and right analog for rotating the mech. Aiming is using your head tracking apparently.

Soi-Fong

I got to go to E3 and try it this year.

I can say that it worked really well. The only problem is resolution seems kinda blurry. I later talked to a dev who did Adrift demo(which I got to play on oculas) who said it was because of what the ps4 can process/render and it has to repeat that power wise or something double to look clear and HD. So aka it is what it is and proably wont get much better.

However to be honest even though Oculus was much better resolution on a powerful PC the morpheus demo worked great and was cool.

The demo I did the strange sega dancing girl who sang to me. It starts your at a concert in and you look around and your in the audience and toward the end of the song was teleported to the stage and she dance and sung directly to me. Again it was kinda a bit pixelated but with 7.1 head phones and just the ability to look around it felt like I was there. Its very cool.

My friend play the londen heist one and said it was amazing. Like the matrix reloaded he was jumping from car to car shooting a ozi. He was sold for life.

I would say that it will get better. You have to remember we're still probably a year out from release.

More and more personally, I'm looking at the Vive and the Morpheus as my go-to headsets. I'm planning on building an SLI build later this year for Vive, but goddamn I'm so excited for Morpheus as well.

Give me my Waifu simulator and I'll be a happy man. Hehehe lol

Grimløck;168709033 said:
Harmonix Music VR coming to Project Morpheus
less game, more music visualizer
DenseSelfassuredAndeancondor.gif

BowedSplendidAracari.gif

WildShamelessJunebug.gif
That looks totally rad.

DieH@rd

Banned
Okay, on the LiveCast, they just showed a promo for PS Heroes, talking about the dude who got sent to E3. Towards the end of the clip, they showed Shu, Boyes, and Gio all playing something with DS4s, and no headsets. Meanwhile, the winner was sitting there with a Morpheus, and no DS4. It seems the other three were doing whatever they were doing via the Social Screen function.

Anyone have any idea what they may have been playing?

Asymetric multiplayer game Monster Escape . User with Morpheus plays as a monster, and 4 users on gamepads are little robots.

Seanspeed

Banned
I would say that it will get better. You have to remember we're still probably a year out from release.

More and more personally, I'm looking at the Vive and the Morpheus as my go-to headsets. I'm planning on building an SLI build later this year for Vive, but goddamn I'm so excited for Morpheus as well.

Give me my Waifu simulator and I'll be a happy man. Hehehe lol
Resolution is unlikely to get any better. They sound like the hardware is basically done.

DJ88

It might be a lucky coincidence, but If it works for me there's a chance it will work for some others too.

It's definitely because you're far sighted. Even though you think you're looking at a screen inches in front of your face, the lenses in any VR focus your eyes on things at a distance. I see thing up close perfect, but unless I'm wearing my contacts I can't see shit in my DK2.

redhood56

Banned
The very small amount of time it got on stage was worrying, it seems like it'll be a big blowout at psx. RIGS looks awesome though.

Top Bottom