• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez Corden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydelnae

Very confident this is true

don't listen to that guy, fake news

kxUwvoV.gif

A Switch-esque reveal might work for them here. Drop a two-minute hardware pitch this week, maybe do some press events in May for hardware details, then use E3 for software & pricing. Wouldn't be that crazy.

Salvadora

A Switch-esque reveal might work for them here. Drop a two-minute hardware pitch this week, maybe do some press events in May for hardware details, then use E3 for software & pricing. Wouldn't be that crazy.
I don't think the Switch reveal strategy would well here considering that the Scorpio is just a more powerful Xbox.

The hardware pitch was at E3 2016.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really hope so but why i should believe a western announcement in April 1st? "It's not a joke" isn't enugh for me.
If i were MS i would start the hype for such a big thing way before than a week.

Yawnny

I can't wait to be disappointed by all the "pseudo-4k-but-not-really-4k-because-that-would-cost-too-much" facts at the reveal.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Cool

I'd like to see what this thing can do. Always interested into how games scale across different console variations and the Pro/Scorpio entries have been fascinating so far.

kubev

It'll be really interesting to see what the hardware looks like, assuming that the design is finished. I hope it looks as good as or better than Xbox One S.

Bgamer90

Banned
It'll be really interesting to see what the hardware looks like, assuming that the design is finished. I hope it looks as good as or better than Xbox One S.

It would be insane if they somehow made it even smaller than the Xbox One S. Really looking forward to more details.

I think they're keeping the core concepts of the XBOX One S design. Let's just hope it's not a triple decker like the Pro.

I don't think the Switch reveal strategy would well here considering that the Scorpio is just a more powerful Xbox.

The hardware pitch was at E3 2016.
Depends how they sell this. If it's just an XBox Pro with 4K support, then yeah - they need to lead with software. But if they're using Scorpio as an opportunity to do new things with XBox as a platform (VR, AR, all-digital, etc) - an early reveal to focus on those huge bullet points would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom