• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

CorvoSol

If I had to make a complaint with this game, it would be the terrible movement rates of characters. In SRW most mechs can move a pretty good distance and engage enemies in one or two turns. Here, you can't cover like, any ground, and some turns are entirely wasted by both sides just trying to move.

If I had to make a complaint with this game, it would be the terrible movement rates of characters. In SRW most mechs can move a pretty good distance and engage enemies in one or two turns. Here, you can't cover like, any ground, and some turns are entirely wasted by both sides just trying to move.

There are skills to increase the move rates .. the game is a real pain untill you use that .

Still haven't finished this, I need to mix it up with other games because it's too repetitive. Right now I'm playing it when I need a break from soul hackers.

CaptainMoose

Neo Member
I agree. So many great 3DS games out I need to just stick with one and beat it. In my backlog I still have Fire Emblem Awakening, SMT IV & Soul Hackers, Project X Zone, Etrian Oddyssey Untold, Rune Factory 4 and Mario & Luigi!

I don't think it would have hurt at all to reduce enemy numbers/HP/mission length in this game. Would have made it a lot less repetitive and tedious. And it's not like the gameplay has much going for it anyway.

ohlawd

ooh thread got active again?

like to post on behalf of my little bro who beat the game. What a trooper. I kept telling him how terrible this game was but he stuck through it. Said it wasn't that bad.

:bow

I beat the game a long time ago but I don't have the balls to trade it in. I'm keeping it just for the OST check. Has some of the best music around.

GLuigi

I had a random urge to start my 2nd playthrough today.

This is probably the worst decision I made all week so far, but I will give it a shot.

Videoneon

I don't think it would have hurt at all to reduce enemy numbers/HP/mission length in this game. Would have made it a lot less repetitive and tedious. And it's not like the gameplay has much going for it anyway.

I agree. I think the fairly shallow gameplay would have been much easier to stomach if it weren't for the shit you put up with in the late game missions.

So shit becomes nutella because there's something lower in grade in the good chain?
Meh, personally i've found the game OVERLY repetitive and weighted down by shallow gameplay..
The number/hp of enemies only managed to piss me off more because it took longer for every mission..
I know this is a fan-milking game but cmon, at least you can keep it at a decent level...

Astarte

I don't know what I was expecting when I bought this game, I remember being hype as shit when Harada made the announcement that it was coming over. (Playing as Dante again? Awww yeah!)
Please make this journey stop. I don't want to play any more.

I don't know what I was expecting when I bought this game, I remember being hype as shit when Harada made the announcement that it was coming over. (Playing as Dante again? Awww yeah!)

*sighs* We've all been there, had SMT IV not come out a few weeks after this release I would have snapped my 3DS in two after 33 hours in. Haven't touched the game since.

-Horizon-

Just beat it on normal once. Then never touch it again.
Its what I did.

CorvoSol

I got this game for my birthday in September. I'm still not done. I mean, I like it, but I really wish I didn't spend entire turns just moving and not attacking because nobody can reach anything. That's the big problem for me. Also having to fight Skithe and the Vajra a million billion times.

Astarte

Yeah, I really should have checked on gaf or somewhere for impressions. I saw "repetitive" but I didn't expect it to end up like THIS. Least I get to play as Hsien-ko

-Horizon-

I got this game for my birthday in September. I'm still not done. I mean, I like it, but I really wish I didn't spend entire turns just moving and not attacking because nobody can reach anything. That's the big problem for me. Also having to fight Skithe and the Vajra a million billion times.
lol, I just pushed through the last couple of chapters all on the same day. I knew if I didn't do that I would just stop playing it.
This is truly an endurance run on how much you can tolerate repetition.

CorvoSol

lol, I just pushed through the last couple of chapters all on the same day. I knew if I didn't do that I would just stop playing it.
This is truly an endurance run on how much you can tolerate repetition.

I kind of feel like the game is great in small doses. I load it up like twice a month and roll with that.

antibolo

Banned
I'll probably finish this game some day. Maybe in two years or so.

If you stop playing the game for a month or so, it becomes exciting again, for at least an hour.

Astarte

Borrowing the game on a one week time limit isn't helping me at all, I just autopilot the game while watching MST3K or something.

I just got through Ch36 and my god I had a close one. Never have I been so scared to be surrounded by enemies and a boss. I only made it out buy using Multihypers and one or two 70% meter refillers.

Well finally finished this game. I gotta say I enjoyed this game alot. I'm glad I did a blind purchase on this. I will say though that it was a bit too long. Funny enough I felt a bit sad that it was over and wish there was more. As for the final levels It wasn't to bad since I started focusing on killing the minions first since they seem to be the problem. Once they're gone you get more turns to beat on the bosses. That and dividing my people into groups.

LuuKyK

Well finally finished this game. I gotta say I enjoyed this game alot. I'm glad I did a blind purchase on this. I will say though that it was a bit too long. Funny enough I felt a bit sad that it was over and wish there was more. As for the final levels It wasn't to bad since I started focusing on killing the minions first since they seem to be the problem. Once they're gone you get more turns to beat on the bosses. That and dividing my people into groups.

I honestly just wished there were more characters. At least enough that you would still be recruiting until the later chapters.

-Horizon-

At the final battle. To hell with strategy, everyone's going all in.

There is no point to a strategy other than get your heavy hitters in range of the main boss and spam the heal items. Every other enemy there will keep respawning even if you beat them back so its pointless to really confront those guys.

i finally beat this last night. 52 hours, dang.

1/3 of that time was probably just for traveling across the stage.

cj_iwakura

And finished.
(Final Time: 59:20)

Final Rankings:

Best Team:
rBzgpBu.jpg

Shinra... BANCHO!

Runner-up:
Di8UVpj.jpg

OPEN FIRE!

Best Theme:
Arisu In Wonderland

Runner-ups:
.hack GU OP (Data Draaaain!)
Valkyria Chronicles III Theme

Best Support:
n8kOuLc.png

Runner-up:
CyberbotsDevilotte.png

Worst Support:
200px-SSFIVJuri.png

Runner-up:

Worst Team:
S6VMBfv.jpg

(Just the least good. I like them too.)

Runner-up:
21JQ0v9.jpg

(Badass at multiple attack though.)

Best dialogue from a support:
It's a mystery, it is!!

Best dressed (Male):

Runner-up:

Best dressed (Female):

Runner-up:
Leanne1.jpg

WorstLeast dressed (Male):

Runner-up:
DLm51tT.jpg

Least dressed (Female):
300px-Mugen_no_Frontier_Nanbu_Kaguya.jpg

Runner-up:
qAXkyK7.jpg

Despite how much the game DRAAAGGED, even for a Banpresto game(and that's saying something), it had a good story and fantastic writing.

Would I ever play it again? Highly unlikely.

Also, I enjoyed the traditional
main guy and girl get together, wink wink
Banpresto ending.

Funny enough Frank and Hsienko were some of my heavy hitters all thanks to there ability to kill block meter really well. Imca was ok as support only because she gave the ability to nullify block and came out twice during a fight(although that might be bacause of something else).

cj_iwakura

Funny enough Frank and Hsienko were some of my heavy hitters all thanks to there ability to kill block meter really well. Imca was ok as support only because she gave the ability to nullify block and came out twice during a fight(although that might be bacause of something else).

That seemed to happen totally at random. Sometimes she got two, sometimes not.

Juri is just plain garbage. Thanks for causing misses.

That seemed to happen totally at random. Sometimes she got two, sometimes not.

Juri is just plain garbage. Thanks for causing misses.

With Juri I always paired her with fighters and I would always do just to attacks and wait till Juri slammed the opponent back down to continue. But Yeah she just plain sucks. I do love
Zepher and Leanne as they were my to go to for meter building and good damage.

Top Bottom