• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the teaser earlier today

sjs2ywn.gif

so it's definitely something that happens outside

Oh god... WHAT THE FUCK?

Daft_Cat

Doesn't really feel like an Alien film, but it does look good

Really? I definitely get Alien vibes. First film only, though.

Why would it feel like an Alien film?

I'm not sure if these posts are entirely serious. Alien and Prometheus are both by the same director, share the same genre, and feature the same universe and continuity. That doesn't mean the two films should be overly similar in terms of aesthetics or whatever, but for that poster to compare the two certainly isn't bizarre or anything.

All in all an amazing trailer. I thought it would be impossible for them to pull something together more incredibly tantalizing than that teaser, but they sure as hell managed it.

JGS

Banned
Great trailer. I get the impression they are giving me too much information but, like most good trailers, they probably aren't.

Esiquio

Damn, that is some of the best-looking sci-fi I've ever seen. I mean, what else comes close to looking that good, cinematography and production value-wise.

K444WSR

The trailer is amazing and it looks like Ridley Scott is once again doing what he does best..amazing sci-fi. Going on blackout now.

Can't believe I still have to wait until June.

One thing I love about Ridley Scott is that he would rather film the actual thing than rely completely on CGI:
which I always found has much better results (Avatar always seemed a little off to me despite the impressive tech):

The art direction especially, the score, the cast, the director- all of that is why people should be excited (unless you don't like sci-fi, then I can't help you).

Why do people always get stupid about Avatar when they see great practical sets like the ones in Prometheus? Tell me, genius: which part of Avatar that wasn't shot practically would you have thought could be done practically.

Recon

Banned
Due to this trailer blowing my mind and being my #2 hyped movie of the summer(right behind Batman), I am watching Alien for the first time. I have seen Aliens, all the predator films, and both wretched AvP movies. But for some reason I never got around to seeing Alien. Is the directors cut the version to watch? Because that is what I am watching right now.

Jimothy

Due to this trailer blowing my mind and being my #2 hyped movie of the summer(right behind Batman), I am watching Alien for the first time. I have seen Aliens, all the predator films, and both wretched AvP movies. But for some reason I never got around to seeing Alien. Is the directors cut the version to watch? Because that is what I am watching right now.

Definitely watch the theatrical cut. The Director's Cut was just something Fox made Scott do for one of the DVD releases. The theatrical cut is the real director's cut.

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
that's how to restart a franchise

Joss Whedon
Ridley Scott
Chris Nolan

will own 2012

Ughh I am about 30 minutes into the Directors Cut. Is the difference significant enough to stop watching and watch the theatrical cut?

there are some pacing differences, i believe. and ridley doesn't remove the one really horrible cut in the film.

Even ridley says the theatrical cut is his director's cut.

Clockwork

I am still hedging me bets (contrary to what has been communicated) that this is pretty much a direct prequel to Alien.

I'd go as far as to say my guess is that planet is LV-426 and the space jockey and the ship are the same ones we see in Alien. I think the events in Prometheus are covered up by Weyland Corp which is why by time Alien hits (what 50 years later) nobody really knows what occurred. However, I think Weyland-Yutani does, hence the reason for Ash's orders to tranport/contain the specimen.

http://youtu.be/bEVY_lonKf4

:52 It's the same ship, unless they have a fleet of these that all look the same

Jimothy

Ughh I am about 30 minutes into the Directors Cut. Is the difference significant enough to stop watching and watch the theatrical cut?

I'm not gonna spoil anything, but there's a completely unnecessary scene near the end that throws off the pacing of the climax. It doesn't ruin the movie or anything, but the scene was rightly cut out of the theatrical version. If the DC is your only option, then don't really worry about. It's an incredible film either way.

I'm not gonna spoil anything, but there's a completely unnecessary scene near the end that throws off the pacing of the climax. It doesn't ruin the movie or anything, but the scene was rightly cut out of the theatrical version.

what scene? spoiler it for the other poster's sake, obviously.

Recon

Banned
Alright, cool, I will just keep watching. I will probably watch the film again closer to Prometheus release and will watch the theatrical cut instead.

nitewulf

good trailer, and definitely will be a good film, but the trailer pretty much gives everything away, no?

1) crew member gets infected and turns into a hybrid
2) gets into space jockey exoskeleton at some point
3) starts up alien ship to destroy earth
4) Prometheus crew/Idris Elba(android?) rams alien ship, sacrificing self
5) alien hybrid attacks human crew, perhaps trying to take over the human ship or a shuttle to complete its mission to go to earth
6) the human crew obviously sacrifice themselves and stop it

i am genuinely hoping i am wrong.

also, it looks too clean, wish it looked darker and grittier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom