• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Camera Redeemed. Until Dawn's use of this is brilliant

This concept could get a lot of future use. Assuming the game required a specific opt-in for the camera features you could probably get games to do similar for other "legit shook" moments that aren't just terror related. This screams tie-in to the Share button, too, which I'm learning to love more day by day. I feel bad for mocking the idea at the reveal.

Imagine if, say, similar to taking a game screenshot when you earn a trophy it could take a snap from the camera at the same time or make a short video clip from the seconds leading up to the trophy being unlocked. We could get millions of pictures of people manically pumping their hands in the air beating a Souls boss (or celebrating countless other things in hilarious ways)!

ViciousDS

Banned
PS Home? You mean Playroom?

Get it if you plan to ever stream. And for Morpheus, of course.

You really don't neeeeed to. Lot of my followers subbed because I didn't have a camera taking up real estate on the screen for FFXIV. Plus porting to YouTube is more friendly for those who like just watching gameplay without the camera. Yes, I would probably get more followers with a camera than without.

Saty

You have to choose to turn the feature on in the settings.

The impression i got was that OP stumbled upon this feature 'on the act' so it was on by default or something. If you indeed need to enable it specifically then that's good and how it should be presented.

the way that sony found a compelling use for the PSeye before ms found a compelling use for kinect, rofl

MS was doing this with Kinect in Kinect Adventures (bundled 360 Kinect game) pretty much. Dance Central has a similar thing too. Playing back video is nothing new, but it's still cool in Until Dawn.

Trup1aya

There are quite a few kinect games that make recordings of you at opportune moments... But I don't know of any that target jump scares...

Also may one point there was talk of using the kinects IR camera to monitor the users heart rate and use knowledge of the gamers stress to determine what happens in game... They specifically mentioned horror games. Unfortunately, i have yet to see anyone use this effectively...

There is a ton of potential to use this cameras to augment traditional gameplay. Too bad actual examples are so few...

Bowler

I'll add my own tonight to this thread. Op post is not me. I do Have one with my daughter last night that she freaked out in. So funny. Such a cool feature though

Raide

Would love to see a game like Until Dawn use the Kinect heart rate stuff. Actually pace the game based upon player reactions and personal fears.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
My thoughts exactly. Who does this?
I don't know man. I watch horror movies in bright daylight with the blinds open and everything. I've already set up a play date with a few friends to play Until Dawn. No way am I playing this game alone, and at night lol

Top Bottom