• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

What's PS I Love You XOXO?: Officially announced on September 22nd, 2015, PS I Love You XOXO, the newest podcast from Kinda Funny is a PlayStation based podcast, featuring Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty (and occasionally a guest). It is structured much like IGN's Podcast Beyond, which Greg and Colin were longtime co-hosts. When the four Kinda Funny guys left IGN to run Kinda Funny full time, they attempted to acquire the Podcast Beyond name, but IGN turned down the offer. The first episode released on September 29th, 2015.

When/Where can I find it?: It posts every Tuesday at 9:00 AM (Pacific)/12:00 PM (Atlantic) on various podcast services as well as YouTube. For those that want to subscribe on iTunes, click here.

What's/Who's Kinda Funny?: Kinda Funny is made up of ex-IGN employees Greg Miller, Colin Moriarty, Tim Gettys and Nick Scarpino. They talk about all kinds of nerdy stuff, from video games to movies... and much, much more.

If I enjoy this podcast, where can I find more Kinda Funny content?: A good place to start is the awesome NeoGAF Community Thread: Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!. MattyG created a great overview of what Kinda Funny offers entertainment wise.

How can I reach them?: Various ways. On Twitter Greg is @GameOverGreggy and Colin is @notaxation. However they have created special links for the podcast (they link to threads within the Kinda Funny Forums, which you need to register to use). If you want a question to be read on the podcast, go to www.kindafunny.com/psq. If you are a musician and would like for them to feature your music during the Singing to Shuhei portion, go to www.kindafunny.com/psm.

What's Singing to Shuhei? It is the PS I Love You XOXO version of Podcast Beyond's Ryan's Wrap Up, in which musicians (usually up and coming ones) provide music to be played as an outro to the podcast. Each artist is linked to within the episode in which their music is featured.

6YQhqfI.jpg

This news pleases me. Beyond hasn't been the same since they left, and I need a regular PlayStation podcast in my life in addition to the PS Blogcast.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the name is intentionally based on a site in the late 90s that posted MP3 rips of PlayStation game soundtracks.

Awesome! I would love an episode where clements and goldfarb make an appearance. It would bring me right back to Podcast Beyond in its fucking prime.

DeviantBoi

I'm really excited about this!

I don't watch Kinda Funny because I'm not interested in what they put out, but I would watch/listen to a PS-centric podcast from Greg and Colin.

Pandacon

You know, I was keeping up on his main podcast, but then the last episode I listened to they started going on about a dog or something for a while, and I just think to myself "why am i listening to this?" and I delete his podcast from my phone.

Maybe I'll give this one a shot, but if they start talking about a dog, that isn't a videogame related dog at least, I'm just gonna delete it again.

I haven't listened to a podcast in months (maybe even years) but I'll try this because of the Vita logo.
Should be good while grinding MGSV

It's cool, but I feel like there is already a lot of overlap between their shows and I don't see this helping. Between the daily show and the other weekly casts they generally cover all the relevant PS news anyway

Kasper

I stopped listening to the Kinda Funny Gamescast because Tim really isn't for me, but I'll definitely give this a listen. If only Clements could join in, too...

I'm pretty excited about this. I enjoy the new Podcast Beyond, but I do miss Greg and Collin's banter.

I know one of you two is reading this thread so answer this: How the fuck do you guys have the time to do another podcast? Teach me your time management skills.

Karu

It's cool, but I feel like there is already a lot of overlap between their shows and I don't see this helping. Between the daily show and the other weekly casts they generally cover all the relevant PS news anyway
I think a Beyond-like Cast has a way better chance of attracting a bigger audience. Gamescast is kinda weird with its structure and C&G is niche either way.

Glad they have a traditionally structured podcast now. Genuinely looking forward to it!

killroy87

Yup, I'm in. These guys are doing great things since leaving IGN, and I'll support them as much as I can to show how independent game s coverage should be done.

Also, hell of a podcast name.

Drayco21

I only listened to Beyond every now and then, but Greg always seemed like a really cool dude, and I've liked what I've seen of KFG- I'll have to give this a listen for sure. Also, that's a great name.

Kuni

I'm a patreon subscriber. Will be interesting to see how they keep this and their main gamescast fresh but I love these guys so totally in.

I stopped listening to the Kinda Funny Gamescast because Tim really isn't for me, but I'll definitely give this a listen. If only Clements could join in, too...

Then you should listen to the Playstation Blogcast because the chemistry Clements has with the cast is fantastic and its now my favorite podcast

Top Bottom