• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Brings Back PS I Love You XOXO (now co-hosted by Greg Miller and Blessing Adeoye Jr.)

brap

Banned
imran khan is the worst addition to KF. can't stand that lisp of his. ugh.
lmao that's where he went after getting fired from GI?
mjlol.png

SNPlayen

I saw that Blessing dude on some episode and he seems alright. As for rest of Kinda Funny man they have gone downhill. Greg’s taste in games is shit. Imran is such a negative lil cunt about everything. Their games cast is often a GAAS cast where they talk about emotes and shit. I’ll still give this a go...

Used to listen to most of their content when Colin was there but not much of it now. Sacred Symbols leagues better but sometimes their knowledge gap (as with these guys is annoying)

As for Beyond.... man it is so uninteresting. There seems to be no passion and everyone seems like a ring in. They take the interest out of games.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Imagine paying to listen to Greg Miller and Imran Khan.

I’d rather drag my balls across broken glass.

That fucking Imran Khan is a moron. Just check out his twitter. Guy is a fucking tool. Basically what you would expect a typical games "jouro" to be, he is. Kinda Funny keep making bad decisions to appease their sensitive "best friends"...

KiNeMz

Banned
I'll Just Stick with the Easy Allies Best crew on the web.

Normies have only heard of IGN, Kotaku, and Kinda funny don't know what they're missing.
0rgvDCb.jpg
Listened to them for a while. But it's just boring. I don't find any of them interesting to listen to.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
My favorite thing is how how he refused to apologize way back when this originally happened. Gained a lot of respect for him throughout the whole ordeal.

He had nothing to apologize for which made is so baffling that anyone expected one. He was making a joke to his girlfriend and all the unstable tumblr brigaders lost their shit.

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
That fucking Imran Khan is a moron. Just check out his twitter. Guy is a fucking tool. Basically what you would expect a typical games "jouro" to be, he is. Kinda Funny keep making bad decisions to appease their sensitive "best friends"...

If dude was named “Michael Smith” he wouldn’t be on. That’s all you need to know.

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Listened to them for a while. But it's just boring. I don't find any of them interesting to listen to.
They put out tons of content and some of it doesn't represent them at their best. You've got to check out some of their best streams like Silver stream which is just Kyle and Jones playing Pokemon Silver Jones is a matured guy who's very new to Pokemon and Kyle is a veteran and those streams are amazing.

Or check out this stream

its them reacting to some of their best moments since they started 3 years ago.
Or they do a Hall of Greats stream every 3 months where they elect 2 games into a selection of the greatest games of all time. And they deliberate over them fiercely.
They are ex- Game trailers guys and have great community surrounding them which is cool for just having a place to talk about games and stuff other then GAF.
Anyways its up to you, I would just feel sorry for myself if I hadn't found these guys so i try to share it with people.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

How you can call someone your best friend and then turn your back on them the way Greg did really shocked me. I actually thought he was super likable and it was Colin that irritated me. However since the split I sided with Colin's content as I have no desire to watch a rat who sells out their best friend for making a joke.

Inviusx

How can you have a weekly podcast about a single platform? Wouldn't you eventually run out of shit to talk about?

SNPlayen

How you can call someone your best friend and then turn your back on them the way Greg did really shocked me. I actually thought he was super likable and it was Colin that irritated me. However since the split I sided with Colin's content as I have no desire to watch a rat who sells out their best friend for making a joke.
It is very obvious that Greg is out to protect his brand and does not speak out of turn in case of damaging it. It makes the content very bland. Colin did not comply with that.

Colin on the other hand doesn’t give a fuck, speaks his mind which makes for better listen.

Moneal

It is very obvious that Greg is out to protect his brand and does not speak out of turn in case of damaging it. It makes the content very bland. Colin did not comply with that.

Colin on the other hand doesn’t give a fuck, speaks his mind which makes for better listen.
Greg has made much worse jokes, both sexist and racially insensitive, during shows before. The joke was never Colin's issue. Colin didn't accept the intersectional bullshit that took over gaming journalism. It was just a matter of time and I think he knew that. It was probably why he left without a fight or the fight had happened long before that. He looked disengaged before the end. Looking back after the fact he looked like someone who was slowly being pushed out.

SNPlayen

Greg has made much worse jokes, both sexist and racially insensitive, during shows before. The joke was never Colin's issue. Colin didn't accept the intersectional bullshit that took over gaming journalism. It was just a matter of time and I think he knew that. It was probably why he left without a fight or the fight had happened long before that. He looked disengaged before the end. Looking back after the fact he looked like someone who was slowly being pushed out.

I remember that (Colin’s disinterest at end of KF) however I’ll always remember the episode when Trump one and Colin’s like “told u so, can’t call half nation racists etc and expect to win”. Kevin was almost crying and Greg had to look as sad as possible.

AmuroChan

My favorite thing is how how he refused to apologize way back when this originally happened. Gained a lot of respect for him throughout the whole ordeal.

And that's why he drives the SJWs crazy. They couldn't pressure him into bowing down to them and they've failed in numerous attempts to cancel him. His Patreon is doing better than ever and there's nothing those SJWs can do about it.

SNPlayen

And that's why he drives the SJWs crazy. They couldn't pressure him into bowing down to them and they've failed in numerous attempts to cancel him. His Patreon is doing better than ever and there's nothing those SJWs can do about it.
He didn’t accept the dick up the ass when journalists were doing it as the wokening of 2015 happened and they were looking to drive him out, he made “the joke” and they thought “got him”

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I remember that (Colin’s disinterest at end of KF) however I’ll always remember the episode when Trump one and Colin’s like “told u so, can’t call half nation racists etc and expect to win”. Kevin was almost crying and Greg had to look as sad as possible.
Is there a clip of this floating around? 2016 meltdowns are always good for a laugh.

Shmunter

The Colin situation is a disgrace, and a reminder of the morally bankrupt progressive ideology. Be excellent to each other.

I almost completely stopped listening to KF after the whole Colin fiasco. I was never a huge KF head to begin with (it was one of those casts I would listen to every couple weeks or so), but I tuned in here and there for the next few months and it was just complete doo doo butter. It made me realize that Colin was the secret sauce of the early days of KF. His interactions with Tim and Greg were entertaining and their decidedly different tastes made for some good discussions.

Recently me and my friend were going somewhere in his car and he was listening to the KF cast and it seems to have gotten significantly worse.

Back to the main topic, I think it's lightweight disrespectful to bring back the PS I love you brand without Colin, which just goes with what I already suspected of Greg Miller after the whole split happened

Last edited:

MacReady13

If dude was named “Michael Smith” he wouldn’t be on. That’s all you need to know.
I hate saying it because it might imply racism, but you’re 100% right. Just after the Colin debacle, I remember the KF guys copping a fair bit of criticism because they were a boys only club. Soon after that they diversified their line up... They’re extremely disingenuous. If Imran was a good guy and good at his job I wouldn’t even say a word that they hired him.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
For me Kinda Funny is just "okay".

The best days there were after Colin left and before Andrea Rene joined, basically when KFGD started.

During the Colin days i hated them soo much, mostly because of Colin Moriarty:
- too negative about everything
- KF at the time was a Playstation fanboy club, which would be okay except officially it was presented as a place that covers all things gaming. (that's a common issue in the Youtube Gaming, i consider it a form of clickbait)
- soo many subjective opinions presented as facts, often declaring deaths of companies without even knowing what was he talking about. There are some legendary stuff that he said or wrote because of this. [1] [2]

After he left KF, he realized his only reason why he started this job was his love for Playstation, and i see now he doesn't hide his bias anymore, so good for him!

Andrea Rene imo should probably do the same, couldn't stand her takes with so many wrong facts in between. Kinda Funny Your Wrong section called out her nonsense so many times and she left KF because of that.

Greg Miller is not a saint but i believe most of his mistakes were mostly faults from other people he had to defend because he runs the company.

Gary Whitta is still the best there.

They put out tons of content and some of it doesn't represent them at their best. You've got to check out some of their best streams like Silver stream which is just Kyle and Jones playing Pokemon Silver Jones is a matured guy who's very new to Pokemon and Kyle is a veteran and those streams are amazing.

With EZA i'd always recommend not to judge them from the first video you watch:

The first week i watched some of their videos (i think it was 2016 not long after they started) i hated them.

Over time they got better, and i got used to their formats which are very unique, there are still some weird annoying takes here and there sometimes, for example:

- Huber being on Friend Code despite i don't think he owns the Switch as he never talks about Switch games he has played outside the rare occasions where he had to review one (ARMS and Steamworld Quest). Still interesting hearing outside perspectives but very weird.

- Them being absolutely against Stadia from the very first second Google announced it. That's an issue of the entire community, always watching new players as threats more than options, and granted Stadia does suck badly as of now, but i just don't like this idea of dismissing something you have not even tried yet, it's some borderline console warring.

Overall i can still enjoy the whole product for what it is

I used to listen to a lot of them and still occasionally will catch some of their stuff. I still like most of them generally but didn’t they all go to Era? That kind of made me question them a bit to be honest.

Yes the shouts to ResetEra from them bothers me a LOT, having witnessed the worst from that place.

But that's an issue of the entire gaming community considering there are still analysts, insiders and developers who post there or even run the thing, they ignore, accept, or even worse, promote, all the crap that comes from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryu Kaiba

Over time they got better, and i got used to their formats which are very unique, there are still some weird annoying takes here and there sometimes, for example:

- Huber being on Friend Code despite i don't think he owns the Switch as he never talks about Switch games he has played outside the rare occasions where he had to review one (ARMS and Steamworld Quest). Still interesting hearing outside perspectives but very weird.

- Them being absolutely against Stadia from the very first second Google announced it. That's an issue of the entire community, always watching new players as threats more than options, and granted Stadia does suck badly as of now, but i just don't like this idea of dismissing something you have not even tried yet, it's some borderline console warring.

Overall i can still enjoy the whole product for what it is

Huber loves the Switch he has high praise for BOTW and Hollow Knight and some other stuff he's played on there and I Agree about the Stadia thing I don't even like most of anything new google does but I can at least be a voice of reason in their chat, but as you said thats the gaming community as a whole that seems to be threatened by streaming.

and uh ..I don't see them having anything to do with Era not sure where you guys get that.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Huber loves the Switch he has high praise for BOTW and Hollow Knight and some other stuff he's played on there and I Agree about the Stadia thing I don't even like most of anything new google does but I can at least be a voice of reason in their chat, but as you said thats the gaming community as a whole that seems to be threatened by streaming.

and uh ..I don't see them having anything to do with Era not sure where you guys get that.

They mentioned the website on the EZA podcast few times, and i believe shouted for some of the info they gathered from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to care about PSILY again, but I can't.

Podcast Beyond! was a huge part of my life when I was younger and going through shit. Greg and Colin gave me so many enjoyable hours, and to be honest I teared up during that last episode with them when they read off their letters. I used to love both Greg and Colin (for different reasons) and they were amazing together during that time (also the only time I could stand IGN for more then an easy way to get news). I watched Kinda Funny until Colin left, but just don't like Tim at all and the dynamic was gone. PS ILY was great (not Beyond! great but great). I don't like the way that Greg handled the situation with someone who was his very best friend for so many years and who helped him through fucking cancer and shit.

Greg has always been loud and abrasive but Colin pulled him down a bit which was good. Now he just seems so fake, and I get it he needs to have that energy for his business. That is what their audience wants. On the other hand I appreciate Colin's low key attitude, and I love Sacred Symbols. I don't really know who Chris Ray Gun is outside of a quick YouTube search but I like their dynamic.

I'll stick with Sacred Symbols/EZA/Giant Bombcast.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, I’ll pass. Respect the hustle trying to cash in on a new gen, but you’re still a bunch of posers who threw a friend under the bus for outrage culture.

No integrity.

And yes, Tim is annoying, always has been.

Last edited:

Roufianos

This has made me consider becoming a $1 patron for Colin for SS+ - anyone know if it’s worth it? Seems so.

Definitely. You get 4 extra episodes a month for a dollar. They're not as good as the main shows but still worth it.

Anyway, KF Games has 1000 new patrons. Greg definitely knows how to milk his audience.

Top Bottom